France to Ban Showing the World Cup in Public for Fear of Terrorism

Should France ban the World Cup on big screens?

• Total voters
Gemerald thoughts are exactly what i have to give. I couldn't word it towards your point, so I asked a question to try and help that. But I'll just go general.

Here in America, we have a mass murderer problem. Some with Islamic doctrine motivations, lately we have no idea the motivations.

We are unfortunately talking about it as a gun problem.

In places like France, they have a mass murderer, terrorist problem.

for basically all of them this time the motivations are Islamic doctrine. But, saying it is an Islam problem, again leads addressing the wrong thing.

It's a tricky subject for sure. I don't know if it's an "Islamic problem" as much as it is a problem within Islam that is never addressed because religion is a sensitive subject.

Canada has a large Muslim population but there's not a lot of terrorism here, why?

I personally can't do that, though. Perhaps individual philosophy doesn't translate well into governing, I don't know, but I can't justify the means to an end.

You'll get there eventually. Until then, we'll keep the torch lit.

I guess if there was a lot of chatter regarding terror attacks around the WC, then its for the best.

France already surrendering...
im_shocked.gif

I usually hate people who go into random France threads to insult the Frogs' tendency to throw in the towel, but this time it's spot on.

When you have to ban your own national traditions (instead of simply stepping up security accordingly) out of fear, the terrorists win.

What does this say about France's confidence in keeping international events on their own soil safe, really?

Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys

I usually hate people who go into random France threads to insult the Frogs' tendency to throw in the towel, but this time it's spot on.

When you have to ban your own national traditions (instead of simply stepping up security accordingly) out of fear, the terrorists win.

What does this say about France's confidence in keeping international events on their own soil safe, really?

They need to step up their rounding up of the Moklos

It is 2018 and the nations of Europe cannot guarantee the safety of their people from foreign agents- even on home soil. When fascist parties come to power, don't ask why.

This reads like a StarWars opening crawl.

Terror Wars:Return of the Jihad!

Admiral Aloha Akbar!

Terror Wars:Return of the Jihad!

2018 and the nations of Europe cannot guarantee the safety of their people from foreign agents- even on home soil. When fascist parties come to power, the resistance tried to clone Napoleon and Charles De Gaul!

Diverse as shit.

Banning a lot of people who want to kill you and deconstruct your culture might have been the better choice.

This is what the French people voted for, they have no one to blame but themselves.

I don't think they voted for it, more like the E.U. regulations, Madame Frau, and Erdogan have been trying to snatch their collective culotte on immigration.

And they le prince "know better" but of course.

I voted no but its a kind of meaningless poll as this is the situation the French have been working towards for some time.

It's part and parcel of living there.

Voted yes , watching sport on big screens is wank regardless of the circumstance .

Damn, looks like #ThoughtsAndPrayers and facebook flag filters aren't working. I guess what we need is more Muslim immigration, more Mosques and more tolerance. That should sort everything out as after all, Islam is a religion of peace and diversity is our greatest strength.

If France works like every other first world country, this will be because their intelligence services have come across plausible threats.

It’s fucked up, but In reality, the best thing they can do for the country and the world long term is allow the display and watch a truck drive though a crowd. Maybe people will get it then.

Although if targeting and blowing up young girls with a nail bomb at an ariana grande concert doesn’t turn the world against you, maybe we’re too far gone.

Speaking of which, anyone else wonder why we never hear about that bombing compared to other terrorist attacks?

I'd prefer something like this to something like the patriot Act.

Back