Francis Ngannou: First PFL Opponent to Receive $2 Million Guarantee

Probably. Even if they have to kidnap homeless from the street and throw them in the fight, call it charity because of the 2M.

However, if they are bankrupt, it won't matter. It is an interesting subject. Dana says he is required to offer a certain number of fights per year or something, but that is nebulous. What little I know about the nature of contracts is that there has to be something real and definite at stake, or there is no contract at all. Vague promises don't qualify. It does appear that fight contracts have a sort of gray area on this issue. I wish I could enunciate this thought better, but I'm kind of tired.
He'd still be able to make a claim as a creditor even if they filed bankruptcy.

He'd still be able to make a claim as a creditor even if they filed bankruptcy.
That means nothing, however, since he is the lowest tier of eligible claimants. Senior claims include investors, whose debt included guarantees as senior creditors in the event of bankruptcy. Try again.

That means nothing, however, since he is the lowest tier of eligible claimants. Senior claims include investors, whose debt included guarantees as senior creditors in the event of bankruptcy. Try again.
That is opposite of the truth. Creditors are paid before investors.

That is opposite of the truth. Creditors are paid before investors.
Investors are creditors. They have the ability to write seniority into their debt instruments, if they are intelligent enough, which most are.

Investors are creditors. They have the ability to write seniority into their debt instruments, if they are intelligent enough, which most are.
No they are not. When you invest in a company you are an owner, they are paid last in a bankruptcy.

I love how 2 millions is a lot of money by mma standard

if it's in another major sport this would be peanut pays

How many other sports have their star players compete once a year?

Francis fought once in 2020, once in 2021, and once in 2022, and is yet to fight in 2023 and isn't expected to fight until 2024

Do you think LeBron James plays 1 basketball game a year? Do you think he would get paid the same if he only played 1 game a year?

I heard they plan on only two PPVs per year. So that's two fights for Ngannou a year max.

But this org just had a load of fighters suspended for peds. That alone has got to have them scrambling for replacements. That's not a good way to put up a tournament.

And you believe Dana White.

Which one of us looks dumb here, exactly?
dont-make-me-choose-thumb.png

I mean seven figures are great but only as long as PFL is obliged to get him n number of fights a year.

Does anyone know if that clause is in the contract? If not he would just become an advertising mascot for PFL.
Why would they make that deal and now make fights? Many are worried about their roster but they made a weird "super fight" division. They're going to sign someone. Werdum called him out so I wouldn't be surprised if they make that since he's one of the few popular fighters not signed to a contract (not sure but he might still even be signed with the PFL.) That would not go well for Werdum tho.

Why would they make that deal and now make fights? Many are worried about their roster but they made a weird "super fight" division. They're going to sign someone. Werdum called him out so I wouldn't be surprised if they make that since he's one of the few popular fighters not signed to a contract (not sure but he might still even be signed with the PFL.) That would not go well for Werdum tho.
I am simply asking how many fights?

I love how 2 millions is a lot of money by mma standard

if it's in another major sport this would be peanut pays
No it's not. It is well above the median in every sport. The NBA is easily the highest paid sport but the majority of players make less than 2 million. The average is way higher because stars make tens of millions, but most players are not stars.

No it's not. It is well above the median in every sport. The NBA is easily the highest paid sport but the majority of players make less than 2 million. The average is way higher because stars make tens of millions, but most players are not stars.

wut? the average nba player's salary is 9.6 million
you have to be at the end of the bench or rookie to only make 2 millions, rookie minimum is 1 million, vet minimum is 2.7 million a year

Deontae wilder. He isn’t as hot in the boxing scene anymore. Andy Ruiz, that cuban King Kong guy. 50% of the revenue would be huge. I would definitely pay to watch.
Wilder and Joshua are most likely next

You have a valid point but he seems to have "struck while the iron is hot" and landed himself a pretty sweet deal while Dana White has tried to convince us that he is worthless. He gets to do things on his terms and that's all that he ever wanted. The UFC could have been part of his vision, like they were with McGregor, but now they have to accept the fact that EVERYONE on their roster is now second fiddle to the baddest man on the planet from another ORG. Are they still the greatest promotion on Earth? Of course but they no longer have the best fighter in the world.
Second fiddle..except Derrick Lewis who beat him..and Stipe who's 1-1...and Gane who he had to panic wrestle against

wut? the average nba player's salary is 9.6 million
you have to be at the end of the bench or rookie to only make 2 millions, rookie minimum is 1 million, vet minimum is 2.7 million a year
median is very different that average. And if you are not an idiot you know the difference.

Back