News Francis Ngannou is getting paid 8-figures for his fight against Tyson Fury, per Ariel Helwani

Fumbled the bag?

• Total voters
i hope francis gets all the money in the world. but, people easily forget that the money has to come from somewhere. i highly doubt theyre committing that kind of money on the front end and not tied to ppv sales. the reality is that francis has not proven to be that big of a draw. pr teams will be working overtime to 'sell' the narrative that 'francis won' and 'beat dana', but we'll see

Saudi Money

Saudis will pay for sporting events even if it doesn't break even because it's viewed as a way to flaunt wealth to have it in-country. Getting fights like this is essentially a status symbol. I think this event will be profitable but I don't think it matters if it isn't.

Well.

I ate some crow because he did land the fight, but if we're talking $8,000,000 in the UFC for a fight and $10,000,000 for boxing Fury, not the L I thought I took. Good for Francis though.

And it also beats mass mockery of other ppl's financial situation or forecast, which is what a large percentage of Sherdog was doing for months leading up to this announcement from Francis.
It's always fun watching someone on here eat crow but when MANY have to do it. Toast to the skies above.
<NoneOfMy>

Saudi Money

Saudis will pay for sporting events even if it doesn't break even because it's viewed as a way to flaunt wealth to have it in-country. Getting fights like this is essentially a status symbol. I think this event will be profitable but I don't think it matters if it isn't.
The idea, touted by some on this forum, that *suddenly* the Saudis care about only investing in profitable entertainment ventures is laughable.

There is no way this "has to be profitable" in order for either fighter to get paid well. These guys continue to grasp at straws, even as reality Dana Wife Power Slaps them in the face.... in super slow motion.

It's always fun watching someone on here eat crow but when MANY have to do it. Toast to the skies above.
<NoneOfMy>
I am reading with a scotch in hand, about to light my cigar. I can respect those who can openly admit they were incorrect. I can respect more those who can admit they were hating. But what I really love (but don't respect) is the few who are still clutching at the shirt tails of their original projections.

Like some way, somehow..... they must still be right. It's great.

Fair play to him and the promoters. They obviously think more people will watch this freakshow fight than I thought

Big Frank laughing and walking tall in the end. Couldn't be happier for the guy. He's one of those guys you want to see succeed. If that is fumbling the bag then I want to be fumbling also <Lmaoo>

Well.

I ate some crow because he did land the fight, but if we're talking $8,000,000 in the UFC for a fight and $10,000,000 for boxing Fury, not the L I thought I took. Good for Francis though.

It's probably closer to 3mil vs 30mil.

And the most important part is the freedom to do what he wants now that he's out of his slave contract.

Can’t blame Francis while 8 vs Jon would’ve been a fight to seal his legacy, whatever this pays is easy money.

Saudi Money

They subsidize events like this because they want to be the premier destination for combat sports. The U.S. does this too with other sports.

Last edited:
Ngannou went against a multibillion dollar machine.

If you are a plumber, electrician, landscaper, painter, or welder, how can you side with the white-collar executives at the UFC?

If you are a blue-collar worker, then you know it's the fighters who sweat, bleed, or cry for our entertainment.

Really happy for big francis. not interested in that fight whatsoever.

Happy for Francis proving Dana and them jokers wrong and getting his bag..

Francis really got the last laugh against Dana
Not really. Saudis don't mind overpaying for everything and eating millions in losses, a company can't really do that. FFS, the Saudis pay insta thots a few million to come over and lay down so they can take a dump on their head. If that's who you're trying to outbid, have at it and go over there. Fury gets paid to avoid a real boxer, Francis gets money to get slapped around, the Saudis have enough money to eat a big loss, and the UFC already have a bigger draw as their HW champ.

I wouldn't believe this would be possible but the fight reportedly taking place in Saudi Arabia changes everything. They will overpay for any form of american entertainment.

I dont think the fight will sell all that well so if his payment was based on PPV buys I wouldn't believe it
It's starting to remind me of when MMA and kickboxing was at its peak in Japan and we got these cross over match's.

With the Saudis involved it could be a ridiculous amount. They have unlimited money and seem to have an agenda to stick it to american sports. I would not be shocked if they paid Francis 20+ million. Its like a drop of water in the ocean to them.

Back