News Francis Ngannou vs. Anthony Joshua 100% Confirmed by Eddie Hearn, March 8th, Saudi Arabia

Francis Ngannou vs. Anthony Joshua - Who wins this boxing fight?

• Total voters
Well that essentially works like any job. People have to perform to keep their job. But I think it's better for fighters to have a 6 fight contract, knowing that if they perform they have guaranteed pay and security. As opposed to negotiating fight by fight. I think in that scenario fighters lose a lot of security in a few ways. One, it opens up for the promotion to low ball them even more. Two, if fighters take fights in other promotions it lessens their advancement in the other promotion they've fought for. So if someone fights in the UFC and goes 3-1, and then negotiates a fight in ONE FC, they lose their chance in the UFC.

Overall, a system of having freedom like that would never work. Its not good for the promotion by any means and it really wouldn't benefits thea fighters.

Lol there is no guaranteed pay and security. The contracts are designed to restrict the fighter. They don't protect the fighter, they protect the promotion.

The NBA and NFL contracts have guaranteed pay and security, due to the athletes having a union that advocates for them. UFC contracts do not.

The date is getting closer. Does anyone ever question how the bookmakers chose Francis as the underdog? He is obviously is the bigger man here.

The date is getting closer. Does anyone ever question how the bookmakers chose Francis as the underdog? He is obviously is the bigger man here.
its simple. Ngannou is going into his 2nd pro boxing bout. AJ is a two time unified world champion. people really overestimate Ngannou and underestimate AJ. yes, Ngannou had a good performance against Fury but he still lost. AJ hits harder and is less erratic than Fury - he will show up in shape and ready.
i would not at all be surprised if this winds up looking like AJ's second fight with Ruiz, where AJ boxed his face off for 12 straight rounds.

Joshua can easily run around Francis and jab. He is going to be prepared and fight very safely.
Wouldn't be surprised if it's like his 2nd fight against Ruiz. Absolutely scared the entire fight but smart. Jab and run. And even better if he has a ref on his side who won't allow any clinch work and breaks it up everytime (like in the 2nd Ruiz fight). AJ's never been a guy I tune in for. He's boring honestly. Top level guy, but boring.

So their going up against UFC 299 ? I like it. Love seeing Dana's face get red.
EDIT: TS is an asshole and changed thread title from march 9th to march 8th.

Last edited:
Zhang vs Parker will be the co-main! this card looks great.

3EkZuE6.png

Surprised how close the poll is expecting AJ to win easily. Especially after seeing Francis surprise Fury which was a good warning for HW. I still don't rate AJ that highly but should be way too experienced for Francis. I guarantee if Fury ever fought Francis he would box circle's around him he just came in lazy and overweight. (His fault obv)
I hope I am wrong and Francis knocks him out cold. Had this been before the Fury fight when Francis surprised everyone I think there would have been more chance of Francis landing something.

Last edited:
. And even better if he has a ref on his side who won't allow any clinch work and breaks it up everytime (like in the 2nd Ruiz fight).
I remember when AJ fought Joseph Parker, the ref was absolutely atrocious, did not allow a second of clinch.
That would greatly disadvantage Ngannou here, but his clinch is quite different from boxers, he gets a thai clinch collar while keeping some distance to have room for punches. It leaves more time before the refs jumps in.

Watched Francis only kickboxing fight.. dude couldn't put away a journeyman, even though he was landing consistently. Sure he was green, but power is born not learned. If you watch the early fights of proven punchers in boxing their power looks inhuman.

I remember when AJ fought Joseph Parker, the ref was absolutely atrocious, did not allow a second of clinch.
That would greatly disadvantage Ngannou here, but his clinch is quite different from boxers, he gets a thai clinch collar while keeping some distance to have room for punches. It leaves more time before the refs jumps in.
Refs play a huge part in how fights go. Ngannou's clinch is definitely excellent and a strong point for'em. Bro can generate power in short distances.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's like his 2nd fight against Ruiz. Absolutely scared the entire fight but smart. Jab and run. And even better if he has a ref on his side who won't allow any clinch work and breaks it up everytime (like in the 2nd Ruiz fight). AJ's never been a guy I tune in for. He's boring honestly. Top level guy, but boring.
Heh, I literally posted the same thing right above your post. Great posters post alike!

I'm not a big AJ fan either, honestly. I respect the guy; he hits pretty fuckin hard and has some skill. I just think he always looks kind of stiff and robotic in the ring. He doesn't have much of a "flow" to his style. It's very textbook. Dude definitely will fight anybody though, his resume is pretty solid and he's got some sweet KOs in his highlight reel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back