Fugged up sentencing in MN for hanging a toddler

What did he do?

Had that psychotic break after the Forrest fight where he went on a high speed chase, hit a bunch of vehicles, and caused some lady to have a miscarriage. Said he was temporarily insane, buckled under the pressure, etc.

I believe that's what happened.

What did he do?

IIRC...

Went crazy behind the wheel, crashed into someone, and caused a miscarriage.

Not at all comparable to a "mental break" where you string a toddler up by the neck and leave it hanging.

Apparently it was something of a psychotic episode from a person with no other criminal history and who exhibits no other criminal tendencies, and the action did not produce a tangible harm (to the child). And she's still never going to see her minor children again, until they mature.

Doesn't seem like an overly questionable sentence to me tbh. I assume, as should everyone, that the judge knows a heck of a lot more about the facts than we do.

My fuck i hate people like you. A toddler nearly died, that is quite tangible harm. Even psychologically these have effects for life on kids.
Factor in the parents. Neighborhoods etc.

No form of abuse from her husband excuses any aspect of hanging a fucking child. Bitch deserves the chair or life in prison no parole and preferably solitary confinement.

Apparently it was something of a psychotic episode from a person with no other criminal history and who exhibits no other criminal tendencies, and the action did not produce a tangible harm (to the child). And she's still never going to see her minor children again, until they mature.

Doesn't seem like an overly questionable sentence to me tbh. I assume, as should everyone, that the judge knows a heck of a lot more about the facts than we do.

lol these are the people who oppose trump .. this is how you know he's the right guy

My fuck i hate people like you. A toddler nearly died, that is quite tangible harm. Even psychologically these have effects for life on kids.

No form of abuse from her husband excuses any aspect of hanging a fucking child. Bitch deserves the chair or life in prison no parole and preferably solitary confinement.

This is why due process, liberal democracy, and results-based societal management are all so fragile: knee-jerking rage dolts like you who scream "skin them alive!" to cope with your inability to process thoughts.

Luckily, your types affect the world solely through Facebook comments about how "if it was my kid, I'd have killed her!!!!!!" and never actually become judges, prosecutors, legislators, psychiatrists, etc.

lol these are the people who oppose trump .. this is how you know he's the right guy

Make sense, please.

This is why due process, liberal democracy, and results-based societal management are all so fragile: knee-jerking rage dolts like you

^^^

Temporarily banned for not keeping his emotions in check in some "gangbanger got shot" thread.

White privilege. She should have been sentenced to life for hanging a toddler.

Karia explained that she was suicidal in the weeks leading up to the event...

Life hack: when you're suicidal, don't care for crying babies.

Completely disgusting, any crime against a child needs to be increased 10 fold.

Democrats and liberals are soft on crime and should be left alone to look like fools.

If I saw that, that lady would probably end up crippled

If she had a true mental break down to where she thought hanging a toddler was socially acceptable, then she needss to be treated in a mental facility.

If she knew not to hang a toddler and did anyways then she needs to be in prison.

Hey @Trotsky , I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt as I do in a way get where you’re coming from and appreciate the opposing viewpoint for discussion. It was rather dry and straight to the point in a topic that definitely gets people’s emotional response going so possibly not the best worded (which is opposite of other right/left topic splits. Normally my ‘side’ I admit admit is the callous one on touchy subjects such as the child separation for what is a misdemeanor of illegal border crossing)

Do you agree with Lowman’s post though that if she truly had a mental break she should be treated in a mental faculty until deemed safe enough to be around the public after trying, thankfully unsuccessful in actually killing, to string a little kid up by the neck?

I don’t think 22 months in a county jail is enough to rehabilitate a person with that extreme level of mental issues to be safe around society. What if some other difficult in life conditions happen to her, does she get a pass for running people over on the sidewalk for another mental break?

Your point about respecting the judges decision as they have many more details of this case than we do I also respect, but I am 100% going to use your words against you in the next killer cop found innocent in trial despite public condemnation thread. Or a ruling by a court you hate

The toddler's life is ruined, or at the very least severely harmed. You don't just bounce back from an attempted hanging as a toddler, that'll stay with a person.

The toddler's life is ruined, or at the very least severely harmed. You don't just bounce back from an attempted hanging as a toddler, that'll stay with a person.

Year and a half old. I wonder, if you’re the parents, do you try and never bring it up and hope the kid doesn’t have any memory of it? Most can’t remeber anything before age 3 I believe.

Or once old enough, do you explain what happened and hope that doesn’t have negative repercussions?

Year and a half old. I wonder, if you’re the parents, do you try and never bring it up and hope the kid doesn’t have any memory of it? Most can’t remeber anything before age 3 I believe.

Or once old enough, do you explain what happened and hope that doesn’t have negative repercussions?

One can be psychologically damaged even without retaining lucid memories. This is the case with sexual abuse,I can't imagine why a hanging would be any different. Of course it would depend on how severe the incident was, I don't have it in me to look at the details.

I wouldn't know how to proceed as a parent...

Hey, it was ATTEMPTED murder. You dont get 6 points for an 'attempted TD'.

Life imprisonment for battery, or at most attempted murder, would run afoul of the Eighth Amendment. Especially where there was no premeditation....or mens rea at all, as was the case here.

Commitment to a mental hospital is not imprisonment. MN law allows for civil commitments to psychiatric hospitals with no end date in cases of extremely dangerous people.

http://www.mncourts.gov/Help-Topics/Civil-Commitments.aspx

If the judge commits someone to treatment, it is typically for a six month period. The case is then reviewed with a hearing to determine whether the commitment should be extended. The exception to this is cases involving Mentally Ill and Dangerous Persons, Sexual Psychopathic Personalities, or Sexually Dangerous Persons. In those cases, there is not an end date to the commitment period; instead, periodic reviews are conducted by the court to determine whether the commitment continues to be necessary.

I say we drop the bitch into a volcano and watch her back stroke thru lava.

I know abortion is legal, but there should be a law against aborting someone else's kids after they're born.

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The system doesn't punish women at all.....If this was a guy, he would've gotten atleast 15years......If it was a black guy/latino guy, 25 guaranteed.

Back