Fugged up sentencing in MN for hanging a toddler

You don't just bounce back from an attempted hanging as a toddler, that'll stay with a person.

I agree. I still haven't fully bounced back from an horrific attempted sit-on-Santa's-lap-now at the mall that my mom perpetrated.

Judge Jay Quam agreed with the assessment by doctors that Karia was “a low risk” to reoffend. He called her actions “the perfect storm of factors unlikely to ever be repeated.”

If she was a man, Judge Jay Quam would be calling HIS actions "reprehensible and he deserves to die in prison for it".

Double Standards again.

The POWER OF THE PUSSY reigns supreme once more.

It's literally all right leaning posters ITT calling for her head while the usual leftie trolls celebrate her lax sentence. The fuck are you on about?

I have not celebrated her lax sentence.

Are you self identifying as a troll?

More calling out that I'm a left leaning poster who has argued for, at minimum, for her to be kept off the streets permanently. For visibility.

Thanks Reagan
I mean, the thought process wasn’t COMPLETELY wrong, someone with, say, depression, or dementia, ptsd, schizophrenia can be best served by staying with a loved one who can take care of them. The issue is the severely mentally ill, or the criminally mentally ill, who really should be separated from the general population for everyone’s safety.

So therefore not a troll.

To be fair I only saw one person defending this judgement, with another making a comment that might be defending it but I'm not sure.

Year and a half old. I wonder, if you’re the parents, do you try and never bring it up and hope the kid doesn’t have any memory of it? Most can’t remeber anything before age 3 I believe.

Or once old enough, do you explain what happened and hope that doesn’t have negative repercussions?

Not remembering the event doesnt mean you're not severely fucked up from it.

Apparently it was something of a psychotic episode from a person with no other criminal history and who exhibits no other criminal tendencies, and the action did not produce a tangible harm (to the child). And she's still never going to see her minor children again, until they mature.

Doesn't seem like an overly questionable sentence to me tbh. I assume, as should everyone, that the judge knows a heck of a lot more about the facts than we do.

I understand the need to apply law in a rational, non-reactionary way, but c'mon dude – this lady tried to murder a helpless child. She would have succeeded but for pure happenstance. Then she tried to play it off as if she were a victim, pretty much blaming her husband and his alleged "abuse." If we're going to get outraged because a judge went too easy on Brock Turner (a 19-year-old Stanford student with a promising future) by only giving him 6 months in jail for a non-rape sexual assault, then we really ought to care about this POS attempted child killer.

Year and a half old. I wonder, if you’re the parents, do you try and never bring it up and hope the kid doesn’t have any memory of it? Most can’t remeber anything before age 3 I believe.

Or once old enough, do you explain what happened and hope that doesn’t have negative repercussions?

The child might actually remember this. I was able to remember leaving my apartment and walking around the local park with people giving me money when I was 2. Finally some guy found me and took me to the cops, cop to me to the police station where my mom was screaming her fucking lungs out.

She had went upstairs to visit with the neighbor a bit during my nap and I got out of my crib used my playschool bench and pushed it near the door to unlock\open it and got out.

I understand the need to apply law in a rational, non-reactionary way, but c'mon dude – this lady tried to murder a helpless child. She would have succeeded but for pure happenstance. Then she tried to play it off as if she were a victim, pretty much blaming her husband and his alleged "abuse." If we're going to get outraged because a judge went too easy on Brock Turner (a 19-year-old Stanford student with a promising future) by only giving him 6 months in jail for a non-rape sexual assault, then we really ought to care about this POS attempted child killer.

Agreed and frankly I don't give a shit about her excuse. I'm sick and tired of people who stick around to get abused by someone being seen as a victim. I see them as fucking idiots. Then the ones who stick around with a child involved your a POS parent who doesn't deserve to be raising your child regardless if you're the one beating or being beat.

Last edited:
More calling out that I'm a left leaning poster who has argued for, at minimum, for her to be kept off the streets permanently. For visibility.
You’re a pro-gun and pro-law and order liberal. You’re practically a member of the alt right at this point ;)

And those were the guys I was mentioning.

Just mention the people and no one will be confused. Instead of doing the left vs right thing. Anyways carry on <Moves>

A loony wench hung a toddler. How the hell did this turn into a left/right partisan issue? You scamps and your team sports mentality amaze me sometimes.

Back