"Georges is outsized at Middleweight, give him a break."

yup total BS, there was no need to force feed himself from a higher amount to cut down.

Are you claiming that he is too ill to fight right now? I haven't seen a shred of evidence to support that.

Going up isn't doing him any good, he was supposed to be a little bigger and to have more energy because he have less weight to cut.

Instead, he was the same size and he was sick for weeks trying to put on weight. It's pretty much a lose lose situation.

And don't give me the '' just get in without cutting any weight'', as if it's fair to fight guys 15 LBS over you. BJ did well when he was head and shoulders above the rest in skill level, but the other guys catched up to him.

It was stupid to go up in the first place

yup total BS, there was no need to force feed himself from a higher amount to cut down.

We're not in the early 2000 when some guys were so much more skilled than others that they could fight at their natural weight without cutting anything. Who does that (with success) anymore.

Dude went through a hard nutrition plan for almost 1 year and still his body denied it and he was 190lbs before the fight, the body refusing to go back up to 200.

He is too small for MW. It's not that he is scared to fight bigger guys, is Conor McGregor scared of fighting Overeem or Stipe? Its not about that. Its about why weight classes exist.

I think GSP is essentially a Welterweight or maybe even could fight at lightweight.

Now he had legit health problems fighting at MW due to how much he ate. He did the right thing vacating and thinking where to fight next. People expect too much.
You lost credibility when you started claiming that he can get to Lightweight but he cannot fight at Middleweight.

And don't give me the '' just get in without cutting any weight'', as if it's fair to fight guys 15 LBS over you. BJ did well when he was head and shoulders above the rest in skill level, but the other guys catched up to him.

He got a free title shot in a division he had never fought in against a guy weaker than the actual contenders....and after 4 years of inactivity. He got a hand picked fight to get another title and now doesn't want to defend the belt. Is that fair?

I agree with you that it was stupid in the first place which is sort of why I feel he should defend if he can. He made the choice to fight MW's so he should live with his choice.

GSP has a longer reach than Fedor and Cormier too.... That doesnt mean he belongs at LHW with them. Since when is reach the universal method of measuring size and mass? Beats me..
Which means if he decided by his own will to move up to LHW and lost to any of them I would not cut him any slack either. (IMO)

Reach isn't everything, specially against a professional LNP-enabled wrestler like GSP, but what else do you expect? They already set their weight withing MW limits, everybody's at peace with that.

In fact back in UFC 200 GSP (last GSP bout before Bisping) weighted 170,9 pounds, since 170.9 is lesser than 171 they allowed him to fight, I really wonder if any other fighter beside Silva/Jones/GSP would have that benefit/interpretation of the rules back in that time.

But let me go a tad further: People don't cut Silva any slack over his losses, and yet he fought DC on short short notice right after surgery just to save a UFC edition on the brink of disaster, that is a reasonable motive to give the guy a break. I would also give Diaz a break had him not done what my avatar shows.

Fake belt, was never a champion, let's keep it real.
the guy won and defended a belt for 5 years, took a 4 year layoff and came back to win another title outside of his natural weightclass. can we expect an "anderson silva was a sham" thread next?
gtfo with this stupid shit.
<DisgustingHHH>

GSP has a longer reach than Fedor and Cormier too.... That doesnt mean he belongs at LHW with them. Since when is reach the universal method of measuring size and mass? Beats me..
It isn't, but it's a factor. Hence why I listed other factors like height and previous appearances at Welterweight.

the guy won and defended a belt for 5 years, took a 4 year layoff and came back to win another title outside of his natural weightclass. can we expect an "anderson silva was a sham" thread next?
<DisgustingHHH>
I never denied that he was Welterweight god, but to act like he was a Middleweight champion is embarrassing.

Fighters can go and fight whatever weight the scale says they can. Good for GSP for cashing in. The UFC brass are the ones that let this shit fly. Personally I find it hilarious that Dana thinks fighters give a fuck about him being "super pissed." If a fighter can get one over on the bosses, get paid and win then why shouldn't they? People seem to forget that this is their job. They're employees like everyone else. Theyre competing for themselves and their future. Not for the UFC.

LOL at Georges royally fucked up.

Yeah, sure he did. Came back, got a nice win and paycheck and LIKE A FUCKING MAN handed the 185 belt back rather than TOTALLY HIJACK a division. So what he didn't want to stay there.

He's earned the right to pick his fucking fights. Its insignificant that you don't like it TS. Its his career and you are over here cucking it.
Instead of hijack, why didn't he just defend his belt?

871061292.jpg
20140526090420_5D3_5747.JPG

<DisgustingHHH>
Dude, I don't think he's questioning GSP's legacy at WW, we're talking about GSP's McGregorness at MW division.

I never denied that he was Welterweight god, but to act like he was a Middleweight champion is embarrassing.
you specifically said he was never a champ man... i'd say that pretty much sums that up. as for being middleweight champion... well i'd say his reign was no less impressive than bisping's was but i don't see you making arguments against him.

I'e been saying that Whittaker would be smaller than GSP so people saying Robert was this big monster compared to GSP is ridiculous.

GSP is bigger than Bobby Knux in every sense.

you specifically said he was never a champ man... i'd say that pretty much sums that up. as for being middleweight champion... well i'd say his reign was no less impressive than bisping's was but i don't see you making arguments against him.
I've made loads of arguments against Bisping lol, pretty sure you don't watch every single thread I'm involved in.

Also, you'd have to be a doofus if you think that I'm stupid enough to eradicate GSP's Welterweight reign. That my friend would be ridiculous beyond explanation.

Cry more TS, you havê to accept the fact that George is the GOAT, you guys cant slam a guy for his health, go slam mucnugget who never deffends, never vacates, never fights

Are you claiming that he is too ill to fight right now? I haven't seen a shred of evidence to support that.

Since when do fighters need to provide a doctor's note regarding how their bodies respond to different weights? They don't owe us any explanations. If he doesnt like the new weight then so be it. I don't blame him for not wanting to go fuck off with Rockhold, Romero and Whittaker feeling less than 100%.

Back