"Georges is outsized at Middleweight, give him a break."

none of this matters, everyone already knew Whittaker was the real 185lb champ all along since hes been fighting all the guys in line for a belt.

It isn't, but it's a factor. Hence why I listed other factors like height and previous appearances at Welterweight.

You have to understand that guys like Anderson, Weidman, Rockhold and Romero walk around at 220. GSP never gets that big. Their frames are larger. Plain and simple. Using reach as an argument or even height isn't very substancial IMO.

Georges has a 4 inch reach advantage on Jacare.

Georges has a 2.5 inch reach advantage on Romero and Whittaker.

Georges has a 4.5 inch reach advantage on Gastelum.

That means that only Rockhold and Weidman have a longer reach than Georges in the whole of the upper tier at Middleweight. Georges does give up some height to those guys also, but is only an inch or so shorter than Whittaker and Romero (and I don't believe that Romero is actually 6'0").

Would Georges be undersized at 185lbs?

Of course he would, I've never denied that and that was a key factor in so many people picking Bisping over him. My issue is around this fallacy that he's a tiny Welterweight and was ever so brave when taking the jump up to Middleweight.

Georges in his own words has spoken of walking around anywhere from 190-200lbs, if we are to believe this then he was only being asked to cut 5-15lbs of his natural walking around weight to be able to compete.

The guy knew that Bisping was the easy target and has decided to take his ball and go home. I'd half understand his argument if Rockhold or Weidman was next in line, they truly should be Light Heavyweights and I would half understand people thinking it's a mismatch. What I cannot accept is having a man who has competed 16 times at Welterweight as your next opponent and you claiming that you cannot make the weight. I also cannot accept the fact that Kelvin Gastelum is one win away from a title shot, which in theory means that Georges could have actually been fighting two Welterweights in his next 2 fights.

No matter how you chop this, Georges royally fucked up here.

You were okay to go up and fight Bisping (former Light Heavyweight), but won't hang around to fight Whittaker or Gastelum (former Welterweights). You have guys like BJ Penn fighting Machida in his prime years up around 200+lbs, but the idea of Weidman is just way too daunting for Georges, right?

Fake belt, was never a champion, let's keep it real.

Conor has a 2" reach on Roy Nelson.

What's the point?

He got a free title shot in a division he had never fought in against a guy weaker than the actual contenders....and after 4 years of inactivity. He got a hand picked fight to get another title and now doesn't want to defend the belt. Is that fair?

I agree with you that it was stupid in the first place which is sort of why I feel he should defend if he can. He made the choice to fight MW's so he should live with his choice.

I'm a huge GSP nuthugger, and I don't consider him to be a legit 2 division champ. Like BJ Penn and Randy Couture, it was more of a matter of circumstances that lead them to be 2 div champs. The only legit one is McGregor who beat real top fighters to get them and not when the division was weak.

It's still a very good win for GSP to come back after 4 years and get a finish over a top 5 MW. Is legacy is more about what he's done at WW, the win streak he has and the way he dominated for years.

I've made loads of arguments against Bisping lol, pretty sure you don't watch every single thread I'm involved in.

Also, you'd have to be a doofus if you think that I'm stupid enough to eradicate GSP's Welterweight reign. That my friend would be ridiculous beyond explanation.
no i certainly do not and likewise in not knowing that i'm actually not even a gsp fanboy.
my argument is that the ufc is such a slimy business these days. they seem to favor pushing their big name fighters into this position and it's ruining it legitimacy. gsp took advantage of an offer and took the money and ran just like anyone else with a trophy cabinet like his would.

You have to understand that guys like Anderson, Weidman, Rockhold and Romero walk around at 220. GSP never gets that big. Their frames are larger. Plain and simple. Using reach as an argument or even height isn't very substancial IMO.
What about Gastelum, Whittaker or Romero. All barely 6 foot tall, if that?

somehow in all of this, it has become cowardly or dishonorable to be intelligent with your career in the UFC.. how many fighters are retiring broken mentally, physically & financially? you're talking the top 1% earn actual money and it's no where near what even below average players make in other sports

GSP came off a 4 year layoff with a limited skillset, it's been 8 years since he had a finish and that was due to a corner stoppage against a guy currently fighting at 145.. look at the landscape, you have 155 on hold, everyone wants the payday vs. Conor, they're trying to set up Nate vs. Woodley at 170, Woodley himself wants the GSP fight, Bisping defends his belt against Hendo then gets GSP... somehow GSP is the asshole in all of this?

Since when do fighters need to provide a doctor's note regarding how their bodies respond to different weights? They don't owe us any explanations. If he doesnt like the new weight then so be it. I don't blame him for not wanting to go fuck off with Rockhold, Romero and Whittaker feeling less than 100%.

Maybe you misunderstood what I said. I asked what evidence is there that he is too ill to fight. I said nothing about what weight class or any of that other shit.

I blame him for hand picking Bisping to get a belt but not wanting to defend it. He could have just fought Woodley without pulling that shit.

I'm a huge GSP nuthugger, and I don't consider him to be a legit 2 division champ. Like BJ Penn and Randy Couture, it was more of a matter of circumstances that lead them to be 2 div champs. The only legit one is McGregor who beat real top fighters to get them and not when the division was weak.

It's still a very good win for GSP to come back after 4 years and get a finish over a top 5 MW. Is legacy is more about what he's done at WW, the win streak he has and the way he dominated for years.

Ok cool. For me Conor will be a 2 division champion when he defends the belt.

Are you claiming that he is too ill to fight right now? I haven't seen a shred of evidence to support that.

You never heard about him having difficulty with his mass building program? It have been discussed more than once. Don't be lazy and go look.

gsp's mw belt is a 100% joke. carla esparza was more legit.

if you think he's GOAT because of his ww career, fine. but this pure BS.

What about Gastelum, Whittaker or Romero. All barely 6 foot tall, if that?

Gastelum and Romero walk around at 220. Regarding Whitaker, I dont know for sure but I'd guess he walks around somewhere close to that as well.

Are you trying to tell me that GSPs frame is as big as Romeros based on height and reach?

That means that only Rockhold and Weidman have a longer reach than Georges in the whole of the upper tier at Middleweight. Georges does give up some height to those guys also, but is only an inch or so shorter than Whittaker and Romero (and I don't believe that Romero is actually 6'0").

Of course he would, I've never denied that and that was a key factor in so many people picking Bisping over him. My issue is around this fallacy that he's a tiny Welterweight and was ever so brave when taking the jump up to Middleweight.

Georges in his own words has spoken of walking around anywhere from 190-200lbs, if we are to believe this then he was only being asked to cut 5-15lbs of his natural walking around weight to be able to compete.

The guy knew that Bisping was the easy target and has decided to take his ball and go home. I'd half understand his argument if Rockhold or Weidman was next in line, they truly should be Light Heavyweights and I would half understand people thinking it's a mismatch. What I cannot accept is having a man who has competed 16 times at Welterweight as your next opponent and you claiming that you cannot make the weight. I also cannot accept the fact that Kelvin Gastelum is one win away from a title shot, which in theory means that Georges could have actually been fighting two Welterweights in his next 2 fights.

You were okay to go up and fight Bisping (former Light Heavyweight), but won't hang around to fight Whittaker or Gastelum (former Welterweights). You have guys like BJ Penn fighting Machida in his prime years up around 200+lbs, but the idea of Weidman is just way too daunting for Georges, right?

A small WW who jumped up to beat the MW champion, who was a former LHW.
Oh yeah, after a 4 year layoff.

Stop hating. What GSP did was incredible, just be glad you got to see it.

I don't care who he fights next, I will also accept if he decides to retire. He owes nothing.

So Woodley is just a joke now? Because that is most likely who he will be fighting lol And Woodley already beat Gastelum , and would most likely shut out Whitaker too lol as would GSP

Maybe you misunderstood what I said. I asked what evidence is there that he is too ill to fight. I said nothing about what weight class or any of that other shit.

I blame him for hand picking Bisping to get a belt but not wanting to defend it. He could have just fought Woodley without pulling that shit.

You are mad because a welterweight who was out for 4 years hand picked an active champion in a weight class up and beat him and then decided that the weight class was not a fit so rather than holding the belt hostage he hands it back right away so things can move on.

I have a feeling that no matter what he does you would be snivelling about it.

Back