GGG caves in! Willing to change split to fight Canelo!

well WBA is the next title in rotation so WBC will have to wait.
I'm sure WBC will be OK with that and won't declare an interim champ or anything like that.

<{MingNope}>

Same goes for Canelo. This great strategic move won't seem so good if Jacobs starches him.
Perhaps , Canelo's selling point is not about being an undefeated fighter , his is more congruent of fighters of old

yeah. so? does that make the statement that he's on his way to losing all his titles and having no one to fight any less horseshit?

he lost one title, and the guys you listed are all legitimate opponents. he isn't losing all his titles, and he isn't out of options. it's just wishful thinking from people who for some weird reason hate him.
I don't think he's likely to lose all three either, but it can happen. If he doesn't end up fighting Canelo then he has a mandatory defense of the WBA title to satisfy. Or at least that's what somebody here stated. The WBA would probably be okay with him fighting Murata and eliminating this Super champ/Regular champ nonsense they've got going on, but that fight would likely happen at the end of the year. Maybe it would happen in September, but the Japanese have a tradition of combat sports events on NYE, and this would be the biggest one in a long time, so probably NYE in Tokyo.

But GGG also likes to remain active. I can't see him waiting around until New Years to fight again; he'll want to go in August or September. Who does he fight? Can he choose anyone, or does the WBA have a say in the opponent? Will they say, Murata on NYE is fine, but you need to fight this mandatory in September first? If that's the case he might be put in a bad spot. If you look at the rankings, Jacobs is number one and Canelo is number two. Those two will not be available, so that leaves ... Rob Brant in the number three position. Rob who? He might be the best middleweight in the world, but GGG isn't fighting him. Maybe I'm being ridiculous here, and the WBA wouldn't strip GGG in such a situation, but you can never rule anything out in boxing, the most self-sabotaging sport ever.

By the way, I rolled with Bibiano Fernandes once years ago. He's ridiculously good. He gave me a stripe on my blue belt. I don't train anymore, but I still have the belt.

I don't think he's likely to lose all three either, but it can happen. If he doesn't end up fighting Canelo then he has a mandatory defense of the WBA title to satisfy. Or at least that's what somebody here stated. The WBA would probably be okay with him fighting Murata and eliminating this Super champ/Regular champ nonsense they've got going on, but that fight would likely happen at the end of the year. Maybe it would happen in September, but the Japanese have a tradition of combat sports events on NYE, and this would be the biggest one in a long time, so probably NYE in Tokyo.

But GGG also likes to remain active. I can't see him waiting around until New Years to fight again; he'll want to go in August or September. Who does he fight? Can he choose anyone, or does the WBA have a say in the opponent? Will they say, Murata on NYE is fine, but you need to fight this mandatory in September first? If that's the case he might be put in a bad spot. If you look at the rankings, Jacobs is number one and Canelo is number two. Those two will not be available, so that leaves ... Rob Brant in the number three position. Rob who? He might be the best middleweight in the world, but GGG isn't fighting him. Maybe I'm being ridiculous here, and the WBA wouldn't strip GGG in such a situation, but you can never rule anything out in boxing, the most self-sabotaging sport ever.

By the way, I rolled with Bibiano Fernandes once years ago. He's ridiculously good. He gave me a stripe on my blue belt. I don't train anymore, but I still have the belt.
i was only replying to Seano who said GGG was going to lose all belts and have no one to fight if he didn't concede to GBP's demands. if canelo fights jacobs, GGG can fight charlo, BJS, murata, or derevyanchenko. that's hardly no one.

i honestly don't even care if he's stripped of all titles, when people refuse to unify, it makes no sense to chase belts. he did it for a few years, but as long as BJS holds his belt hostage, no unification will happen. i'm just annoyed by the few posters here circle-jerking with some weird narrative that everyone in the middleweight division is going to die if they don't suck oscar's dick for an opportunity to fight canelo. it's ridiculous.

and i'm totally jelly about fernandes. i think he won the mundials like 5 times, so yeah, i guess he's pretty good. also, get back to training. when bibi gives you a stripe, you don't just stop training.

Perhaps , Canelo's selling point is not about being an undefeated fighter , his is more congruent of fighters of old
Hey, I'm a Canelo fan too, but if he gets starched by Jacobs his stock is going down. The hardcore Mexican legion will still support him but let's not act like a loss would have no consequences.

Hey, I'm a Canelo fan too, but if he gets starched by Jacobs his stock is going down. The hardcore Mexican legion will still support him but let's not act like a loss would have no consequences.
Depends how people felt
If he does a Ronda Rousey he is toast

Look at Mcgregor vs Nate 1 , his stock went up

Just depends how people feel

division is going to die if they don't suck oscar's dick for an opportunity to fight canelo. .
You translated a comment about mismanagement with possible continued monetary loss as doing Fellatio to Oscar?

Lol

He got that in the first fight, and the second fight was supposed to be 65/35. I imagine this one will be 60/40, given that Canelo fucked up the original rematch.

That will do.

Sounds like someone stopped listening to Abel Sanchez as everyone from Canelo to the sanctioning bodies were starting to step back from Golovkin. He was on his way to getting stripped of all of his titles with no legit opponents to fight.
There's legit guys at 160 to fight. They all bring little star power and money and a lot of risk. Which is the reason for GGG's 180.

Depends how people felt
If he does a Ronda Rousey he is toast

Look at Mcgregor vs Nate 1 , his stock went up

Just depends how people feel
Yeah but, Ronda Rousey in her losses got fucking starched and outclassed. McGregor/Nate was a barn burner where they beat the shit out of each other and wasn't one sided.

Oscar most be off the coke. Dude got fat.

Just make the damn fight.

Neither guy is going to spend all the money they make anyway, and Oscar is going to spend his cut no matter how much it is.

Just make the damn fight.

Neither guy is going to spend all the money they make anyway, and Oscar is going to spend his cut no matter how much it is.

Hahahah because they pay him with yayo. I get it.

Sounds like someone stopped listening to Abel Sanchez as everyone from Canelo to the sanctioning bodies were starting to step back from Golovkin. He was on his way to getting stripped of all of his titles with no legit opponents to fight.

He could always fight bjs ? No? That’s pretty legitimate or even Jacobs but I think ggg camp is more scared of that rematch than the canelo one

He could always fight bjs ? No? That’s pretty legitimate or even Jacobs but I think ggg camp is more scared of that rematch than the canelo one
Look at Saunders history though. The guy is not a reliable opponent.

Yeah but, Ronda Rousey in her losses got fucking starched and outclassed. McGregor/Nate was a barn burner where they beat the shit out of each other and wasn't one sided.

Oscar most be off the coke. Dude got fat.
Hence depends how he losses

”He knows what his priorities are. Gennady said he wants 50-50 or Canelo can go stick it. If he feels that’s what it’s going to take for him to fight Canelo again, then I think it’s his choice,”Sanchez said to Behind The Gloves.

How the.mighty have fallen

I'm curious at this point as to the split we do see, actually. 60/40? Anyone think it goes 55/45?

Back