Gina Carano will now be part of the Star Wars universe

To be fair, a lot of people immediately complained about a female lead and a black Stormtrooper as soon as the trailers came out. It sucks that people who genuinely disliked the movie get lumped in with them.

As far as SJW ruined Star Wars, when you say that, you put yourself in the category with them yourself. It implies that making the leads female and minorities ruined the movie and not that their characters just weren't well done. The story wasn't great. Recasting every part as a white male wouldn't change how bad the story was so blaming SJW is bullshit.

Israeli accents are thick and hillarious, she sounds like Sasha B Cohen

This is interesting because from reviews I’ve seen and from anecdotal evidence most people shit on that movie, and her , profusely

So what? The land her character comes from doesn't exist she could have any accent and it wouldn't matter as long as everyone else's accents from the same place weren't vastly different.

To be fair, a lot of people immediately complained about a female lead and a black Stormtrooper as soon as the trailers came out. It sucks that people who genuinely disliked the movie get lumped in with them.

As far as SJW ruined Star Wars, when you say that, you put yourself in the category with them yourself. It implies that making the leads female and minorities ruined the movie and not that their characters just weren't well done. The story wasn't great. Recasting every part as a white male wouldn't change how bad the story was so blaming SJW is bullshit.

I don't see people having a problem with how Rey, Holdo, Poe, Finn and Rose are written as the same as someone not wanting a female main character or a black stormtrooper. You're talking about people being outright sexist or bigoted and comparing them to people who don't like characters written in a dumbed down way where men have to be stupid and rash for women to be seen as smart and in charge. Those people shouldn't be lumped together.

Poe didn't have to be treated as rash and dumb for Holdo to seem smart and in charge and honsetly how hamfisted they were about it makes Holdo seem dumb for getting mad at him for destorying one of the enemies biggest weapons and not sharing her plan just so Poe can look dumb and rash, it's reductive.

3485153-wonder_woman_gina_carano_superman_by_christinalongmeadow-d5zdm2j.jpg
Yes.

I hated the prequels. But at least they felt like Star Wars movies. Shitty ones...but Star Wars nonetheless.

This one was worse than the prequels. Did not feel like a Star Wars movie in any way.

I agree.

The Prequels were poor movies in regards to pacing, acting, dialouge, and overuse of terrible CGI out of pure laziness.

But the underlying, cohesive story they told was compelling, memorable, and had emotional impact. Strip away all the pacing and other issues I mentioned, and what you get is a story of a powerful evil man who spent decades infiltrating the corrupt Repuplic, patiently seduced the most powerful Jedi ever to his side, tricked another very old and respected Jedi Master to be his temporary #2 to lead a Separatist coalition to trigger a fake war and gain more power, and ultimately take over the galaxy.

With the sequels what we have so far is, some random chick on desert planet. Parents nobodies, backgound not important. She learns the Force in one week and beats everyone, including Supreme Leader of new empire who really came out of nowhere and is a nobody. New leader of Empire is no a whiny, emo brat who keeps ending up on losing side in every single confrontation so far. You can end any space battle by simply hyperspacing something into that other thing. Women good, men evil. Unless your black, then your marginally better. White men bumbling and even more stupid and evil. I mean look at Luke Skywalker, a bumbling crusty old white cuck and look how determined and awesome Rey is. Force is female yo.

New Order took over galaxy overnight between movies, despite having lost badly in previous one. None of this matter as its all just Disney wanting to sell crappy toys of Finn and Rose, who are the Dynamic Diveristy Duo shoe horned into the movie in one of the most boring and pointless plot diversions ever. Also muh diversity because this is ultra leftist Hollywood and unless the cast looks like a bowl of Reeses's pieces then it can't possibly be a good movie

Thats just a straw man argument.

Or can you genuinley look at Finn and Rose's plot and quest line on Canto Bight in TLJ and honestly say it served any purpose other than Hollywood's diversity obsession?

They had no purpose in that move. You can remove their entire plot on Canto and the movie would be exact same thing.

There is such a thing as forced diversity, and Hollywood is obsesssed with it. That is what people like me have an issue with.

BTW Im not white, I'm middle eastern, and I hate this forced diversity and anti-white BS that is the fad these days.

I agree.

The Prequels were poor movies in regards to pacing, acting, dialouge, and overuse of terrible CGI out of pure laziness.

But the underlying, cohesive story they told was compelling, memorable, and had emotional impact. Strip away all the pacing and other issues I mentioned, and what you get is a story of a powerful evil man who spent decades infiltrating the corrupt Repuplic, patiently seduced the most powerful Jedi ever to his side, tricked another very old and respected Jedi Master to be his temporary #2 to lead a Separatist coalition to trigger a fake war and gain more power, and ultimately take over the galaxy.

With the sequels what we have so far is, some random chick on desert planet. Parents nobodies, backgound not important. She learns the Force in one week and beats everyone, including Supreme Leader of new empire who really came out of nowhere and is a nobody. New leader of Empire is no a whiny, emo brat who keeps ending up on losing side in every single confrontation so far. You can end any space battle by simply hyperspacing something into that other thing. Women good, men evil. Unless your black, then your marginally better. White men bumbling and even more stupid and evil. I mean look at Luke Skywalker, a bumbling crusty old white cuck and look how determined and awesome Rey is. Force is female yo.

New Order took over galaxy overnight between movies, despite having lost badly in previous one. None of this matter as its all just Disney wanting to sell crappy toys of Finn and Rose, who are the Dynamic Diveristy Duo shoe horned into the movie in one of the most boring and pointless plot diversions ever. Also muh diversity because this is ultra leftist Hollywood and unless the cast looks like a bowl of Reeses's pieces then it can't possibly be a good movie

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Great post brother.

- Leia floating thru space
- Mary Sue main character Rey. She literally cannot do anything wrong and is good everything. Can already beat Luke even though she just learned the force recently. Luke took years to perfect his skill.
- Laura Dern's character. Had no reason to keep her plan a secret, and if she had just told Poe we would have been spared silly sub plots making most of the male characters look useless and stupid.
- The entire Canto subplot meant absolutely nothing to the story. Completely meaningless. Their entire plan made no difference to the movie at all. Felt like a prequel vibe with the lame CGI. If you removed this 45 minute part of the story, the movie would not have changed one bit except save us 45 minutes of our lives.
- Luke Skywalker. killed his character. He's gone from the most bravest hero to a complete coward. If he didn't want anyone to find his island...why did he leave a map with the 2 droids to find him?
- Snoke being killed the way he did. Ridiculous. The first movie just built him up as this mysterious powerful villain. Turns out he can be easily killed by a Jedi controlled light saber. Okay?
- Awful new characters specifically Finn and Poe, boring and bland.

And finally the end of the movie Laura Dern flies a ship at light speed into the new "Death Star" completely destroying it.

Why didn't luke and the rebellion do that in the first movie? Would have saved alot of time. How does the MIllenium Falcon not smash into shit all the time when it goes into light speed?

In summary, the movie is basically the bad guys chasing the good guys in spaceships hoping the good guys run out of gas. LIterally.

That's just off the top of my head.

All notable plot holes. I think Luke being a weak shit was because he cut himself off from the force. Rey messed up a lot in the movie. She basically jumped into that dark side void. She falls for Snoke's manipulation when he patched through to Kylo telepathically, jeopardizing everything. That said, none of these points have to do with "SJW" narratives, which is what I was originally trying to understand.

I have no strong opinions on this movie. I found your position comparable to mine.

I think the posters who are taking that strong stance should be able too. I agree, a lot of haters are just in an echo chamber, if exposing these people is your goal in this thread, go for it.

If you're genuinely questioning stars wars' motives, open a youtube vid from someone who made a well-thought out presentation instead of expecting one here.

I'm not questioning Star Wars' motives, I'm questioning a specific person's interpretation because they are one of the earliest replies to the thread. They failed to link a specific video, so what good does me watching a random YouTube video do to understand that specific person's perspective? If you're going to call a massively popular movie a propaganda piece, you should be able to explain your position.

Yes it does, the whole reason why Poe was berated by Admiral Holdo and that she didn't share her plan was to try and make Poe seem like a stupid hothead even though he should have taken out the dreadnaught. The same sort of think happens between Finn and Rose when she stops him from destroying the laser weapon that is about to destroy all their friends.

What about that is a SJW narrative? Explain conceptually, please.

Maybe he doesnt want to take an hour to type up whats already been said hundreds of time already just for your own lazy benefit?

Honestly, it would be much much easier to write what I liked (or even just didnt outright hate) about this movie than to write up again what I hated about this movie.

If you dont want YouTube "parroting" go to RottenTomatoes and read the reviews. Just because people are saying the same complaints over and over doesn't mean they are mindless sheep.... it could mean..... wait for it...... that those complaints are *gasp* real!!

its a terrible movie by almost any measure, and if you disagree I'd like to give you a Holdo sized hyperspace ram* slap to the face for not seeing that.

* there is no known defense for this devastating and final attack.

If you're going to cry conspiracy, propaganda, overt political narratives, etc., the least one can do is explain that perspective. Nobody is asking for an hour spent typing a thesis. Just give an example or two that immediately come to mind.

9/10 times i would take any version of gina...weigh-in gina, deadpool gina, movie premiere gina, cyborg'd gina

What about that is a SJW narrative? Explain conceptually, please.

SJW has a connoation of going overboard and being reductive in the name of inclusion and lacking in nuance(way more black and white and hamfisted), which is what they did by making male characters stupid or rash to make female characters seem smarter and more in charge. The way Holdo and Poe interact is the best examples of this as well as Rose preventing Finn from destroying the laser weapon that was going to destroy the rebel base and to a much lesser extent Rey and Luke's relationship where it takes Rey to convince Luke to act like the character he always was up until TLJ.

Most of the problems I had with the movie weren't really SJW stuff but that was part of it. I had more of an issue with a lot of plot points being discarded in the second movie of a trilogy series. Snoke was set up as the big bad and to be important but no he's an idiot and got killed easily. Rey doesn't need any training to beat a bunch of people that have been trained in the force/to kill force users. Luke is a totally different person with no explaination and he goes to hide on an island and wants to be left alone but leaves a map. The whole Finn and Rose plot was completely unnecessary and the romance felt forced and they didn't have chemistry. Rose crashing into Finn near the AT-ATs would have gotten them both killed and the Rebellion would have been destroyed if hologram Luke didn't show up. Luke dying for no apparent reason. Kylo possibly being turned good by Rey went knowhere. The bad guys having a powerful army and the Rebellion being almost wiped out during the movie when they got whooped in the last movie and it should be the other way around.

Leia force shielding herself from a huge explosion and flying in space, the hyperspace crashing thing. Luke almost instinctively killing his nephew becasue he sensed darkness in him when he turned his father that helped destroy a planet. Kylo literally had no reason for killing his father other than to kill the past. Rey's parentage was a plot point in the last movie and they discard it by saying she's just some nobody. There's just a shit load of stuff in the movie that makes no sense. Johnson calls it subverting expectations, I call it disappointment because every interesting plot point from TFA was just ended in anticlimactic ways.

I don't really have an interest in where the trilogy ends because none of the characters have really had any growth(other than Finn but that mostly happened in TFA) and all the interesting things from TFA are gone now and there's no continuity from the first movie to the next.

Last edited:
SJW has a connoation of going overboard and being reductive in the name of inclusion and lacking in nuance(way more black and white and hamfisted), which is what they did by making male characters stupid or rash to make female characters seem smarter and more in charge. The way Holdo and Poe interact is the best examples of this as well as Rose preventing Finn from destroying the laser weapon that was going to destroy the rebel base and to a much lesser extent Rey and Luke's relationship where it takes Rey to convince Luke to act like the character he always was up until TLJ.

Most of the problems I had with the movie weren't really SJW stuff but that was part of it. I had more of an issue with a lot of plot points being discarded in the second movie of a trilogy series. Snoke was set up as the big bad and to be important but no he's an idiot and got killed easily. Rey doesn't need any training to beat a bunch of people that have been trained in the force/to kill force users. Luke is a totally different person with no explaination and he goes to hide on an island and wants to be left alone but leaves a map. The whole Finn and Rose plot was completely unnecessary and the romance felt forced and they didn't have chemistry. Rose crashing into Finn near the AT-ATs would have gotten them both killed and the Rebellion would have been destroyed if hologram Luke didn't show up. Luke dying for no apparent reason. Kylo possibly being turned good by Rey went knowhere. The bad guys having a powerful army and the Rebellion being almost wiped out during the movie when they got whooped in the last movie and it should be the other way around.

Leia force shielding herself from a huge explosion and flying in space, the hyperspace crashing thing. Luke almost instinctively killing his nephew becasue he sensed darkness in him when he turned his father that helped destroy a planet. Kylo literally had no reason for killing his father other than to kill the past. Rey's parentage was a plot point in the last movie and they discard it by saying she's just some nobody. There's just a shit load of stuff in the movie that makes no sense. Johnson calls it subverting expectations, I call it disappointment because every interesting plot point from TFA was just ended in anticlimactic ways.

I don't really have an interest in where the trilogy ends because none of the characters have really had any growth(other than Finn but that mostly happened in TFA) and all the interesting things from TFA are gone now and there's no continuity from the first movie to the next.

A fair analysis. I don't think there needs to be a psychoanalysis into a female character being strong and a male character being impulsive. Characters need to have personalities to drive the plot, even if the direction is misplayed by writers and directors. The premise is a war in outer space. There are funny looking aliens everywhere. In that context, who cares about male and female and their respective roles? And why is it provocative to have women be the most powerful characters in a given movie?

A fair analysis. I don't think there needs to be a psychoanalysis into a female character being strong and a male character being impulsive. Characters need to have personalities to drive the plot, even if the direction is misplayed by writers and directors. The premise is a war in outer space. There are funny looking aliens everywhere. In that context, who cares about male and female and their respective roles? And why is it provocative to have women be the most powerful characters in a given movie?

It's not about the women being the most powerful characters in a given movie it's about the execution of that being flawed in the movie we are discussing. I explained that in the post you just replied to.

If it helps to hear the same arguements from a woman Mindless Entertainment has a bunch of rants about the same issues most people have with TLJ.

I hated the prequels. But at least they felt like Star Wars movies. Shitty ones...but Star Wars nonetheless.

This one was worse than the prequels. Did not feel like a Star Wars movie in any way.

To be honest I didn’t see it. The Force Awakens, which everybody seemed to think was a return to form, was just a bad plot hole ridden knock off of the first movie.

If that was what people thought was good, I figured I was just done with it.

Looking at the reviews for Last Jedi, Solo and Rogue One has done nothing to change my mind.

I don't see people having a problem with how Rey, Holdo, Poe, Finn and Rose are written as the same as someone not wanting a female main character or a black stormtrooper. You're talking about people being outright sexist or bigoted and comparing them to people who don't like characters written in a dumbed down way where men have to be stupid and rash for women to be seen as smart and in charge. Those people shouldn't be lumped together.

Poe didn't have to be treated as rash and dumb for Holdo to seem smart and in charge and honsetly how hamfisted they were about it makes Holdo seem dumb for getting mad at him for destorying one of the enemies biggest weapons and not sharing her plan just so Poe can look dumb and rash, it's reductive.

People not liking those characters is fine and its bullshit that they get lumped in with the people who are racist, sexist, etc.

People saying that the issue is SJW, like those characters were badly done because of who played them and not how they were written absolutely belong in that negative category.

Thats just a straw man argument.

Or can you genuinley look at Finn and Rose's plot and quest line on Canto Bight in TLJ and honestly say it served any purpose other than Hollywood's diversity obsession?

They had no purpose in that move. You can remove their entire plot on Canto and the movie would be exact same thing.

There is such a thing as forced diversity, and Hollywood is obsesssed with it. That is what people like me have an issue with.

BTW Im not white, I'm middle eastern, and I hate this forced diversity and anti-white BS that is the fad these days.

Forced diversity exists because of decades of intentional exclusion. People like to ignore that. The pendulum may have swung too far, but that's because of how far it was in the other direction for a long time.

Further to the point though, I agree that the side quest on Canto was useless and poorly done, but I don't agree that it was to force diversity. They put an important character and a new character in a side quest to give them something to do. Star Wars always splits up the main characters and has multiple scenes playing out at the same time, this was business as usual, just off the mark.

Back