GODZILLA II: KING OF THE MONSTERS (Final Trailer; First Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when these film makers realize that no one gives a crap about the story and all we want to see is giant monsters battling it out.

I wonder when these film makers realize that no one gives a crap about the story and all we want to see is giant monsters battling it out.

Pretty we will get Monster Battle Royale here in this flick.

Got my IMAX tickets today. Going to see it the Saturday after release. Also have the 90s Godzilla vs Ghidorah and Godzilla vs Mothra blu ray coming this week for a primer.

Remember when we thought Brian Cranston was going to be a big protagonist in a Godzilla movie. Good times.
Completely different director. Also made Godzilla's arms longer with sharper claws Big G is going to War. It's basically a monster battle to become the Alpha of the Pack , Godzilla and Ghidorah are the Front Runners.

Pacific Rim was gloriously bad. The fights between the jaegers and the kaiju looked impressive but sadly not enough to make me forgot the shit writing and godawful acting going on. I mean it was so bad I spent the whole movie cringing.

Godzilla sucked mainly because the man himself got such pathetically little amount of screentime. They had also sold it as Heisenberg vs Godzilla and we know how that turned out. Other than that I barely remember anything else about it.

Still haven't gotten around to watching Skull Island yet, it's stacked up with all the other movies I sort of wanted to see but could never be arsed watching.

Heres the thing. I expected Skull Island to be pretty poor. With those expectation I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. Now, it is what it is. A CGI spectacle of monster carnage. Thats it. If thats all you set yourself up for, youll be entertained.

At the time I remember thinking they it was legitimately the best special effects Id ever seen. That movie was the point where the arguments for practical effects died.

Update: May 24, 2019

Final Epic Trailer for GODZILLA II: KING OF THE MONSTERS!

godzilla-poster-china-1172171.jpeg

Again with the music is there a secret competition that we aren't aware of, someone is making fun of the old farts in the movie making business.

5 more days! I got the day off work too. Can't wait!

In one of the earlier trailers didn’t they say there were 16 or 17 of the titans? I wonder if those just get destroyed early on?
But yeah, really pumped for this

In one of the earlier trailers didn’t they say there were 16 or 17 of the titans? I wonder if those just get destroyed early on?
But yeah, really pumped for this

I bet the so call +17 titans will only be briefly mentioned or shown near the end to lead up to the next movie. Got my tickets for Thursday. Hoping King Ghidorah doesn't die so he can return as mecha version.

That trailer was sic as fook! Loved the music & showing Godzilla kicking major ass. That's what we want from our savior... Very well done trailer imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back