GODZILLA II: KING OF THE MONSTERS (Final Trailer; First Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the problem?

Yeah I’m genuinely confused here. Godzilla 2014 was apparently not enough Godzilla, and this is apparently too much? Wat?

In my very humble opinion as long as the characters do not detract from it I’m OK. I certainly do not expect to give a shit about human motivation in a Godzilla movie. The entire premise is ludacris so I hope they have just embraced it.

Yeah I’m genuinely confused here. Godzilla 2014 was apparently not enough Godzilla, and this is apparently too much? Wat?

In my very humble opinion as long as the characters do not detract from it I’m OK. I certainly do not expect to give a shit about human motivation in a Godzilla movie. The entire premise is ludacris so I hope they have just embraced it.

Godzilla KING of the Monsters , I dont care about the Human Drama we have seen many movies throughout the characters history that covered that, I'm ready for a Monster Brawl with 2019 Graphics.

Saw a trailer on tv that had " Mama Said Knock You Out" playing over it. Makes me very nervous for the movie, because that song choice was terrible.

Why is it that critics want every Godzilla movie to be like Godzilla 1954 when there have actually only been a few Godzilla movies that have had a real serious tone. Most have included other monsters and had silly dialogue. I swear most people who call themselves fans have only watched 1954, 2014 and maybe Shin Godzilla and base their judgement on that when 90% of these movies didn't take themselves that seriously.

I think one of the biggest issues today with critics is judging all movies with the same criteria rather than recognizing the audience and the movies intent and judging it on that instead. Too many monsters in a Godzilla film is a really awful complaint and proves critics actually haven't watched other Toho films outside the original.

I just hope this movie makes a lot of money because this is still the beginning of the monsterverse and I believe they will learn from their mistake (if it is actually a bad movie) and can improve in future installments. My fear is that this will deter some people from going out and seeing it and this universe will end with Godzilla vs Kong and I'd be devasted if that happened. I tired out from super hero movies but I could never get sick of monsters.

I do not give even a single fuck about people in a Godzilla movie. I want ass-kicking kiaju destruction and titan fights.

Why is it that critics want every Godzilla movie to be like Godzilla 1954 when there have actually only been a few Godzilla movies that have had a real serious tone. Most have included other monsters and had silly dialogue. I swear most people who call themselves fans have only watched 1954, 2014 and maybe Shin Godzilla and base their judgement on that when 90% of these movies didn't take themselves that seriously.

I think one of the biggest issues today with critics is judging all movies with the same criteria rather than recognizing the audience and the movies intent and judging it on that instead. Too many monsters in a Godzilla film is a really awful complaint and proves critics actually haven't watched other Toho films outside the original.

I just hope this movie makes a lot of money because this is still the beginning of the monsterverse and I believe they will learn from their mistake (if it is actually a bad movie) and can improve in future installments. My fear is that this will deter some people from going out and seeing it and this universe will end with Godzilla vs Kong and I'd be devasted if that happened. I tired out from super hero movies but I could never get sick of monsters.

Because Fuck Them , That's Why.

Bahahaha.... Watched a bunch of spoiler free reviews all crying about the people in this movie, YET, stating that the monster screen time and action ratio is off the charts AND the CGI is terrific....

WTF do these people want? They are claiming to be "Godzilla Fans" too. I watched old, VERY old Godzilla growing up. Most of if not all of the time I didnt understand what a single person said nor did I care. I watched for Godzilla and friends and ONLY because of Godzilla and friends. What bonds are these reviewers wanting to forge with these people....

Also, bought tickets for tomorrow night for me, wife, oldest daughter (6 years old, she will be adulting with us!), and a few friends from work. I couldn't be more happier with people saying that their are tons of monster scenes and tons of action.....

I am ready for 7:15 tomorrow. Reserved seating and any one gets in my way of said seat they are gonna be touched with a jab while filling the room with uppercuts.

Bahahaha.... Watched a bunch of spoiler free reviews all crying about the people in this movie, YET, stating that the monster screen time and action ratio is off the charts AND the CGI is terrific....

WTF do these people want? They are claiming to be "Godzilla Fans" too. I watched old, VERY old Godzilla growing up. Most of if not all of the time I didnt understand what a single person said nor did I care. I watched for Godzilla and friends and ONLY because of Godzilla and friends. What bonds are these reviewers wanting to forge with these people....

Also, bought tickets for tomorrow night for me, wife, oldest daughter (6 years old, she will be adulting with us!), and a few friends from work. I couldn't be more happier with people saying that their are tons of monster scenes and tons of action.....

Please elaborate

This movie looks like the Godzilla I have been waiting for

I have said it a bunch but I'll say it again

Critics are the worst thing about the movie industry

Fuck em all. Don't let them influence your decisions

Also there is a jerkoff on RT that has spoiled a pretty big moment in his review blurb

Fuck that guy

Saw it. I have to say i pretty hype for this movie. It was a little disappointing.

I think my biggest problem was that I watched and hunted down all the trailers and TV spots. These trailers and TV spots gave way to much away. Everything was predictable for me.

Acting was shit. Millie Bobby brown or whatever her name is was probably the worse.
Story i didn't really care much about, but it was enough to get the action going and that's all that matters in these types of films imo. However there were some elements that i thought were really good.

Fight scenes were decent, but nothing like what I expected and not as much as i expected. The monsters are pretty cool though.

The score is ok but I would have liked a bit darker and more intense tone in some areas.

Overall I give it a 6.5 / 10. Maybe higher on a 2nd viewing.

MOD EDIT

Link to new thread:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-dragonlords-review.3964221/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back