Good Forgotten 90s Movies

Stone Cold with the Boz. They don’t make ‘em like this anymore.

518YHWH8AWL._SY445_.jpg
Donnie Brasco

I remember this one coming out and it had some hype behind it.

All I remember from the actual film though was the early scene where Denzel had the hidden gun.
John Lithgow played a pretty good villain.

The other Coen bros. movies - People talk about The Big Lebowski and Fargo, but Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink, and The Hudsucker Proxy are barely mentioned.
The Insider
Thunderheart
Diggstown
Ed Wood
Murder in the First
Courage Under Fire
The Ninth Gate
Bowfinger

Another one I always try to get people to watch, Six Degrees of Separation.

Will Smith's first leading film role and also one of the best performances of his career.

Great movie

Stone Cold with the Boz. They don’t make ‘em like this anymore.

I've recommended this film more than once on here, on the strength of Lance Henriksen's performance alone. I think if Stallone or Bruce Willis or Kurt Russell had starred in this one, it would have turned out to be one of the highlights of their filmographies.

As it turned out, Bosworth managed to not sink the movie.

All right, last one from me for a little while.

A Simple Plan.

Good people getting twisted and corrupted through greed. Basically a Coen film without the Coens.

Directed by Sam Raimi, starring Bill Paxton (RIP), Billy Bob Thornton and Bridget Fonda.

Awesome flick. This and 'Strange Days' are good nods imo

My favorite under the radar Coen brothers movies, Barton Fink and The Hudsucker Proxy.
My favorite Jarmusch film and probably my favorite Johnny Depp Film, Dead Man.
Dark City and The Thirteenth Floor were completely overlooked.
My favorite Altman movie and one of my favorite from the 90's, The Player. It's a masterpiece that gets overlooked.

Not on the level of those movies but a movie I never watched or took seriously because it was so panned by the critics and looked kind of stupid was Holy Man with Eddie Murphy and Jeff Goldblum. I watched it recently and really liked it.

Might have been mentioned already but I remember angels in the outfield fondly. Couldn't tell you anything about it today though

My favorite Altman movie and one of my favorite from the 90's, The Player. It's a masterpiece that gets overlooked.

I gotta go with McCabe and Mrs. Miller. That is a masterpiece that gets overlooked.

A few other movies I loved from great directors that were overlooked. Wes Anderson - Rushmore. Spike Lee - Clockers. Farrely brothers - Kingpin.

Fallen, Bulworth, In and Out, Slums of Beverly Hills.

I really liked 13th Floor. I think it has been largely forgotten.

Single White Female.

A FANTASTIC film that no one talks about anymore. It came out as part of a whole wave of female-lead suspense thrillers in the early-to-mid 90s, along with films such as Jennifer 8, Diabolique and Copycat.

Bridget Fonda and Jennifer Jason Leigh are a great combo.

That movie gave me the creeps as a kid.

Back