Granada, Nicaragua or Panama City, Panama?

Oregonmma

2x Ice cream belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Went to Placencia, Belize in June of this year and I am looking to plan my next trip to Central America. I will be spending the last week or so of April in either Granada, Nicaragua or Panama city, Panama. Both cities are quite different with Granada being a more historic/colonial city and Panama city being a more flashy/party city. I'm a fan of both so I'm kind of torn between the two. Costs aren't too much different in either city so that doesn't matter much. If you had the choice where would you go?

PS. Nicaragua is rated a "level 3" on the travel advisory guide due to their president being a dictator and detaining some tourists for political reasons I guess. How accurate do you think this travel guide is or is that just the ol typical western scare?

Granada, NIcaragua

Catedral-de-Granada-desde-campanario-de-la-iglesia-La-Merced.jpg

ikaria-isleta-nicaragua.jpg

Panam city, Panama

Panama-City-Cover.jpg

gettyimages-1013942720-2000-ff7811947b254e17a1c886646ca510d1.jpg

Are you one of those who thinks because you went somewhere it actually impresses someone?

You sound triggered. No I'm just asking the geezers on here with way more travel experience than me.
Not at all triggered. I just get confused about people who think because they paid an airlines to take them somewhere to spend nights in a bed that someone got butt-fucked in the night before and then see a bunch of sites that we have thousands of pictures of is actually supposed to be impressive.

Not at all triggered. I just get confused about people who think because they paid an airlines to take them somewhere to spend nights in a bed that someone got butt-fucked in the night before and then see a bunch of sites that we have thousands of pictures of is actually supposed to be impressive.
I get what you mean but that's definitely not me. I haven't even posted a picture from my Belize trip on social media. Seeing pictures of somewhere and experiencing their culture is two completely different experiences that are worlds apart though.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Went to Placencia, Belize in June of this year and I am looking to plan my next trip to Central America. I will be spending the last week or so of April in either Granada, Nicaragua or Panama city, Panama. Both cities are quite different with Granada being a more historic/colonial city and Panama city being a more flashy/party city. I'm a fan of both so I'm kind of torn between the two. Costs aren't too much different in either city so that doesn't matter much. If you had the choice where would you go?

PS. Nicaragua is rated a "level 3" on the travel advisory guide due to their president being a dictator and detaining some tourists for political reasons I guess. How accurate do you think this travel guide is or is that just the ol typical western scare?

Granada, NIcaragua

Catedral-de-Granada-desde-campanario-de-la-iglesia-La-Merced.jpg

ikaria-isleta-nicaragua.jpg

Panam city, Panama

Panama-City-Cover.jpg

gettyimages-1013942720-2000-ff7811947b254e17a1c886646ca510d1.jpg

How was Belize? I've always been curious because it's an English speaking country but it looks very impoverished and not the type of place I'd want to visit.

What was the experience like? Could you live there?

Grenada, but if they all look like that last pic the Panama city.

One of my favorite shows to watch is “To Catch a Smuggler”. Blows my mind how many people think they can move a bunch of coke through the airports.

Back