GSP: "I'm Not Sure If I Compete That I'll Go Back to 185. I Don't Think So."

GSP went running as fast as he did when enhanced drug testing started. This is corroborated by facts
And yet he fought at a higher weight class , bigger than he’s ever been after the testing.

Think about that for a secound.

Jesus

Kind of sucks. Really wanted to see him fight Whitaker. But he proved what he wanted to. " Became 185 Champ" "Finished a fight". Now on to fighting Woodley sometime in the future. #HUMBLEGOAT !!!

He Proved he could beat beat the #15ish MW skillwise. That's about it.

I don't understand. Just don't stuff your face and try to bulk. He used to cut weight to make 170, if he didn't cut any or only a little then he'd weigh 185 and can defend. What am I missing here?

edit: I remember him stating he weighed 194 after rehydrating for one ww fight. Apparently he weighed like 192 against bisping after rehydrating. Where was the colitis talk when he was at ww?

Some of you guys really make me laugh, if anyone deserves to do whatever they want to do its GSP. If he wants to go back to 170 than let him. What more does the guy have to prove? Like it or not GSP is mmas goat. i have no problem with him being handed a title fight at mw. He totally deserved that oppertunity. Forfeit the mw title let robert and shithead luke fight for it, and let the goat go back to his division if he still wants to compete. im cool with that.

GSP is doing exactly what 99.9% of all fighters are trying to do, make MONEY and do what is best for himself, his future, his family, etc.

The UFC is the problem here. Not Georges, not Conor. Every fucking fighter wants to make as much money as possible without ruining their health and quality of life if possible.

It is the UFC's job to preserve the integrity of their titles, to keep things at least somewhat fair and honest.

Let's not forget that WME/Ing/abc/wtf/fml has only been running the company a short time and wasn't an experienced MMA company beforehand. The Fertitas were very very fucking good at running the UFC. They were respected, they are literally gangsters and as far as I know they weren't 4 billion dollars in debt and desperate. Most importantly Zuffa always made sure that the "UFC" was the big name, that no fighter ever became a bigger star than the show itself... all that has changed.

WME has shown that they seem to think very short term. They want big fights right now. They don't seem to make decisions based on the integrity of the division or of the title. They are creating interim titles like it is going out of style. They made an interim FW title at UFC 210 just to try to boost ticket sales when DC pulled out of the event, one of several interim titles given out while the champion wasn't even injured for a long time.

Their retarded decisions have destroyed the integrity of the titles in the UFC. They chose to make a buck short term rather than to protect the value of their titles.

I don't blame fighters for trying to get paid. They risk health and sacrifice quite a lot to be fighters. They have a very short period of time in which to make money, they have no pension that I am aware of, they can't even make any real sponsor money for fights anymore. They need to make as much money as they can while they have the opportunity to do so.

Blame the UFC. This is their mess.

** (If he did lie and never intended to defend, I don't like that, but I don't know if that is the case. I think GSP might have fought Whittaker if he stayed healthy, as Whittaker is a former WW and not as massive as some of the other top guys.)

It's funny because 10 years ago I warned everyone on a different website that GSP was not humble and would act completely entitled if ever given the chance.

I was flamed for it.

But now that his true colors have emerged (he basically screwed over 3 or 4 contenders who earned their title shot) the rest of you are finally seeing it.

giphy.gif

LOL of course not. Dude took a fight with Bisping on purpose because he knew that Bisping is the weakest champ ever. That was so obvious.

Now he will duck real MW just like Bisping did. And people call him the GOAT..smh

Not if he's not hurting the sport. If he shows up, collects a quick title, relinquishes it and let's two other guys fight for it no harm done.

He actually speeds up the title holder process in this case since he would take a recovery period, then a training period and then fight for the title. In this case the title fight will (or may) be fought in February.

Fighters doing whatever they want regardless of the title is a problem and it doesn't matter if it's "quick" or not. He still jumped the line for an easy match up to be a "MW champion" and then run.

What more does the guy have to prove?

How about that the title he just jumped the line for actually means something? It pisses me off that these guys get this special treatment so that they can go around saying that they are two division champs even when they have no desire to really prove they are the best at that weight.

GSP paying Dana back for trashing him after the Hendricks fight and lying and saying he went to the hospital

How about that the title he just jumped the line for actually means something? It pisses me off that these guys get this special treatment so that they can go around saying that they are two division champs even when they have no desire to really prove they are the best at that weight.

i totally understand and agree with you, it makes me mad as well but since this is becoming a fkn thing now in the ufc, im just saying that if anyone deserves to jump a line its gsp. With that being said its total BS all around!! If they continue doing this i hope they do get smacked with the ali act!

Tough spot to be in. Hopefully he goes down and jabs the shit out of Woodley.

And the back-track begins. Like plenty have been saying, GSP simply viewed the Bisping on the easiest "High profile" matchup for his comeback. He doesn't want to fight at 185. He'll look for a superfight with Conor or maybe go fight Woodley at WW.

Now make the Whittaker-Rockhold fight for the undisputed belt, dammit.

Duck. Mental midget ducking ass duck.

I hate this “he can do whatver he wants” attitude. What’s the point of having a great fighter come back if he doesn’t want to fight guys that are actually a threat?

Pussy shit.

And yet he fought at a higher weight class , bigger than he’s ever been after the testing.

Think about that for a secound.

Jesus
fought an easier opponent than he would've faced at 170.

that's the reality..

It was a good win and he looked good after being off for 4 years but let's take off the rose coloured glasses.

Back