GSP: "I'm Not Sure If I Compete That I'll Go Back to 185. I Don't Think So."

fought an easier opponent than he would've faced at 170.

that's the reality..

It was a good win and he looked good after being off for 4 years but let's take off the rose coloured glasses.

What does the opponent have to do with the guy saying he ducked testing and me saying he came back bigger after testing?

What we were talking about has zero to do with your retort.

I like GSP- but if he is not going to stay at 185, he should vacate the belt immediately. Same with Conor- who has not defended in 13 months. It is about time the UFC stops with this Money Fight nonsense, and gives title shots to the real number one contenders. Both Conor and GSP should have their titles stripped if they will not defend. I agree with Rockhold on this one.

awwww. I really wanted him to defend it once. Oh well.

I hate this “he can do whatver he wants” attitude. What’s the point of having a great fighter come back if he doesn’t want to fight guys that are actually a threat?

Pussy shit.
Post of the night! The idiots on this site can at least understand such a coherent response to a very stupid situation created by the ufc and gsp

it's ok gsp. you're still the man and don't have to get your ass beat by whittaker. we still love you.

This was going to happen and the ufc knew, that's why they made a interim title match.
Everything else is just a show, Dana white going "to be mad" if he doesn't defend was Dana just putting up a front. GSP made the UFC money and that's the bottom line.

Okee... Last time I saw Woodley fight he shadow boxed himself for five straight rounds.
It went above your head, buddy.
I didn't say he "TAKE" risks (himself).
I said he "BRINGS" risks (to GSP)...
See the difference?

It's funny that you guys take these belts more seriously than the actual fighters.

Before any of this happened people were already bagging on him, the haters went extra crazy when GSP won the MW belt because it meant he far surpassed whoever they wanted to be GOAT.

No, that is not true. He didn't surpass anybody in "whoever they wanted to be GOAT". It's an odd rationale that you apply: because you think of things in terms of "whoever YOU want to be GOAT", you believe people operate in that fashion.

The Bisping-GSP fight was duly exposed as non-competitive match, unworthy of the belt and any "GOAT" conversation by Kelvin who dismantled Bisping with ease. Then, as GSP walks away from the division, which agrees with his unwillingness to actually be a relevant fighter who faces true competition, it simply discredits what healthily skeptical people already knew.

You on the other hand, believe this charade allow a fighter with one finish since 2009 to surpass people like Fedor, Jones, Silva, MM, Big Nog and other true greats as GOAT. That's contradictory and reveals you lack self-criticism.

Back