Crime Guy RNCed on NY subway dies.

If you don't try to shove people on to train tracks, you probably won't be choked to death. Of course, now there will be people crying for this guy despite the fact he tried to essentially kill someone.

Just seeing the headlines, it looked like the guy choked him for 15 minutes? How does someone not know that that's likely going to kill them? And he was out long before he died.

I seriously doubt he was cranking for the full 15 minutes. are you arguing that he intentionally tried to kill him?

If you don't try to shove people on to train tracks, you probably won't be choked to death. Of course, now there will be people crying for this guy despite the fact he tried to essentially kill someone.

this will fall on deaf ears.

While I feel bad for this guy if he was indeed mentally ill, there was a good chance he would have eventually killed someone if he persisted with this sort of behavior. The guy choking him probably wound up saving innocent lives, because the New York 'justice' system would have continually had him out on the streets.

Crazy people should not be excused and just released back into the public after committing crimes over and over. They weren't normal yesterday and just turned crazy and went on a crime rampage all in 1 day, by the time these people make the news for something horrific, there are about 50 things they should have already been put away for.

Okay.

Well, my point is more that conflating criminal behaviour with mental illness is something that works at times, but then equally, it's treated like it doesn't have to work when it doesn't suit.

Someone is obviously mentally ill if they gun down a bunch of people, or are trying to push people in front of trains. But mental illness isn't a permanent state of being.

I wouldn't agree with any comments AT ALL that people with mental health issues (which can range from anxiety to schizophrenia and beyond) 'shouldn't be free' just because it suits a particular narrative (ie, avoiding gun laws and restrictions).

It's very weak to argue that gun laws and restrictions aren't needed 'just because some people have mental health issues', but then imply those people deserve to die because they're so violent and dangerous.

Like, what sense does that make?

Crazy people should not be excused and just released back into the public after committing crimes over and over. They weren't normal yesterday and just turned crazy and went on a crime rampage all in 1 day, by the time these people make the news for something horrific, there are about 50 things they should have already been put away for.
Warning signs, red flags, etc.

He was shoving people onto the train tracks WHILE being on the train himself?
Or are you making the claim that its ok to kill someone for the crimes they've allegedly committed in the past?

Okay.

Well, my point is more that conflating criminal behaviour with mental illness is something that works at times, but then equally, it's treated like it doesn't have to work when it doesn't suit.

Someone is obviously mentally ill if they gun down a bunch of people, or are trying to push people in front of trains. But mental illness isn't a permanent state of being.

I wouldn't agree with any comments AT ALL that people with mental health issues (which can range from anxiety to schizophrenia and beyond) 'shouldn't be free' just because it suits a particular narrative (ie, avoiding gun laws and restrictions).

It's very weak to argue that gun laws and restrictions aren't needed 'just because some people have mental health issues', but then imply those people deserve to die because they're so violent and dangerous.

Like, what sense does that make?

great post.

I think you are one of the few who honestly and effectively adds nuance to conversations like this.

Or are you making the claim that its ok to kill someone for the crimes they've allegedly committed in the past?
No, I'm not. It's the job of the government to keep its people safe. But when they neglect to do their jobs, someone will fill that void. What's being missed here is that due to New York's negligence, if this guy was still alive, there is a very good chance he would eventually wind up killing an innocent person. The blood would be on the governments hands, but of course they would never admit any blame or take any accountability.

This guy should not have been walking the streets by himself. He was a danger to himself and others.

great post.

I think you are one of the few who honestly and effectively adds nuance to conversations like this.

Appreciate it, brother.

We can all be a bit antagonistic on here at times, hell it's called the War Room for a reason, but I do appreciate when people engage with honesty

No, I'm not. It's the job of the government to keep its people safe. But when they neglect to do their jobs, someone will fill that void. What's being missed here is that due to New York's negligence, if this guy was still alive, there is a very good chance he would eventually wind up killing an innocent person. The blood would be on the governments hands, but of course they would never admit any blame or take any accountability.

This guy should not have been walking the streets by himself. He was a danger to himself and others.

I agree, the support for the homeless and mentally ill lacking in America. We should vote for legislation so that people like this get help they need, instead of being killed by misguided vigilantes.

career criminal with 40 arrests, wanted for agg assault, is known to have attempted to murder people waiting for trains...

obviously, the marine should have just let the criminal attack him.

I agree, the support for the homeless and mentally ill lacking in America. We should vote for legislation so that people like this get help they need, instead of being killed by misguided vigilantes.

and when they refuse it? and just "killed" now? i thought you said he was "murdered."

and this is exactly right. you have so many white savior types, who try so hard to "unique" or part of a group that they deem "marginalized" to give their pathetic lives meaning.

look at Tonto Pete's post history as well. just 100 percent textbook, white savior syndrome, revisionist history and defending criminals
Thanks, I'll look him up. These people are wackadoo.

I seriously doubt he was cranking for the full 15 minutes. are you arguing that he intentionally tried to kill him?

I don't have all the facts of the case, but if it's correct that he was choking him for 15 minutes, yes. I hope the guy gets charged and the jury considers the evidence and makes the right call. I don't think it should be a partisan matter. I believe that murder is wrong, and I think most Republicans would agree.

@Jack V Savage disappointing to see you "like" this terrible, dishonest post.

no one here is arguing killing people, or locking folks up simply because they are mentally unwell.

we are arguing that this man was a violent criminal with a history of offenses.

There are, like, "good riddance" comments here, and I find it to be pretty disturbing. I wouldn't support the death penalty for bothering people on a train, and even if I did, I would want due process before convicting.

I don't understand how you hold a RNC for that long without the awareness you just might kill the person. That said there was a good chance the crazy dude was going to kill someone at some point. The guy was trying to push people in front of trains coming, that's a severely ill person.

Speaking of ill people...

A FYI for sherdoggers @skold is on dubs right now for threating another member and dropping the n word with the hard "R" in the same post... Also I'll add he just got off of dubs for a couple weeks prior to getting right back on them. He has a mountain of issues.

yea, I took a look at his post history. he's definitely deranged, consumed with rage.

Holding a RNC with that technique for 15 mins is pretty impressive considering people make for lack of skill with strength. A gym should probably look to bring him in

these "good riddance" comments are in response to the fact that this guy has 40 arrests, and active warrant for felony assault, not to mention he attempted to shove someone on the train tracks.

no where was there a comment like, "oh, he's crazy? let's put him down."

that post was 100 percent dishonest, as is that shit poster.
Yeah any sympathy I would have had, was lost at "he tried to push someone onto the tracks"

Back