Gym Idiots VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised he went to the lengths of finding out that chucks are great for lifting and didn't take the time to learn to lift...

Chucks are popular shoes regardless of gym knowledge. Lots of kids wear chucks because they are the cool shoe to wear

Chucks are popular shoes regardless of gym knowledge. Lots of kids wear chucks because they are the cool shoe to wear

I would say that chucks, although popular amongst the hipsters and people who think they're not being hipsters. They are not a popular shoe to lift in. Especially hispters. They would likely lift in Vibrators or whatever those five fingered-toed shoes are...

Chucks are not a popular shoe to lift in amongst the normal gym-going population.

vibrams are fucking awesome.

I think I have one that can top most here.

There's this really scrawny kid who goes there with his stronger girlfriend. Every single day he puts a 10 on each side of the bar on the bench press, lifts the bar, and shakes it (not even with a lot of force) for about 25 seconds. I don't have any idea what he's supposed to be doing or what he thinks he's accomplishing.

I think I have one that can top most here.

There's this really scrawny kid who goes there with his stronger girlfriend. Every single day he puts a 10 on each side of the bar on the bench press, lifts the bar, and shakes it (not even with a lot of force) for about 25 seconds. I don't have any idea what he's supposed to be doing or what he thinks he's accomplishing.

Shakes it in the bench pressed position? Sounds Elite

To each their own. As awesome as they are I would not wear them... Personal preference.

theyre hideous and look ridiculous for what that is worth.

the back meat? sounds like she needs to do more with that aerobic step thing.

there is this one guy that likes to put down a mat next to the squat rack and do crunches

What's wrong with back meat? Do you like to be able to see each rib and vertebrae on your women?

I just want to say that 5-fingers are the Mark of the Asshole in the gym. Only the knobbiest of knobs seem to sport them.

Oh yes, I'm sure they're comfortable, as I'm sure spaghetti string tank tops are also comfortable.

I just want to say that 5-fingers are the Mark of the Asshole in the gym. Only the knobbiest of knobs seem to sport them.

Oh yes, I'm sure they're comfortable, as I'm sure spaghetti string tank tops are also comfortable.

lol

who is more of a douche, the guy wearing what is comfortable or the guy concerned with what someone else is wearing at the gym?

i guess anyone who wears lifting shoes is a meathead also.

who is more of a douche, the guy wearing what is comfortable or the guy concerned with what someone else is wearing at the gym?

It's not so much about caring what people wear, but from my experience, people who wear vibrams normally turn out to be gym douches. I don't think anybody here is saying that vibrams themselves are douchy, but they wearers normally turn to be just that.

The guy wearing vibrams.

Definitely.

It's not so much about caring what people wear, but from my experience, people who wear vibrams normally turn out to be gym douches. I don't think anybody here is saying that vibrams themselves are douchy, but they wearers normally turn to be just that.
I am saying that vibrams themselves are douchey.

I was pleasantly surprised today at the gym. A father training his son with proper technique on bench, two guys squatting with good form, a guy doing the agile 8, a guy benching just like the "so you think you can bench videos", another guy with good jump rope skills. Bros doing endless curls by the dumbbells were conspicuously absent. It was like I walked into a real gym for an hour. Maybe there should be an "Awesome stuff I saw at the gym today", or "Gym Non-Idiots" thread.

I was pleasantly surprised today at the gym. A father training his son with proper technique on bench, two guys squatting with good form, a guy doing the agile 8, a guy benching just like the "so you think you can bench videos", another guy with good jump rope skills. Bros doing endless curls by the dumbbells were conspicuously absent. It was like I walked into a real gym for an hour. Maybe there should be an "Awesome stuff I saw at the gym today", or "Gym Non-Idiots" thread.

Cherish it while you can.

My girlfriend has gotten to the gym a few minutes early the last couple wednesdays and apperently I'm missing a middle-aged lady doing "dance kwon do" in the sqaut rack. I will be there early this Wednesday and report back!

My girlfriend has gotten to the gym a few minutes early the last couple wednesdays and apperently I'm missing a middle-aged lady doing "dance kwon do" in the sqaut rack. I will be there early this Wednesday and report back!

Don't hate man... It's my squat warm up of choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back