International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war. Vol. II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard rumours that senior US Defence Department officials are trying to persuade the IDF to not invade Gaza. Because it will be very costly indeed, both in terms of IDF casualties, and the inevitable collateral damage of Palestinians, which could turn public opinion against Israel.

I don't think they'll need much persuading. They know their own limitations better than anyone else.

You're not invading a population center of a million plus people with a few hundred thousand reservists as your army. It's a defense force, and their defense strategy for a major invasion was to hold on for outside (US) help. These people aren't trained for urban CQC at scale. And really, no army is prepared for that kind of fight without taking loses that are unacceptable by modern standards.

Tighten the noose and try to relocate some of the good people and innocents in Gaza. Don't think they have many other options.

I also don't think there is a real concern over civilian casualties other than empathy. The sides are pretty well set for this conflict.

The real concern the US would have would be Israel irreparably degrading their defense force to the point that their neighbors start licking their chops again and then we'd have to get directly involved in a big way. We really don't want to do that.

Last edited:
bey7ammex5wb1.jpg

I'm speechless.

It does to a much more minor extent. Israel kills and kidnaps dramatically more Palestinian civilians, and they are the ones that have been literally destroying Palestine.
Suiuuuure bud

none at all. We don’t know. Need an investigation which U.S.A. doesn’t believe in

If it looks like a Hamas missile, flies like a Hamas missile, and hits it's own people like a Hamas missile, then we don't need an international investigation to prove it's a Hamas missile:rolleyes:

bey7ammex5wb1.jpg

I'm speechless.

I can't remember where I saw the editorial, but the left sees everything in a lens of capital oppressing labor. So anti-abortion advocates are really capitalists looking to keep women down, by forcing them to bear unwanted children and sustain themselves as cheap labor. The left sees a successful Israel and intuits that this has to be at the expense of the Palestinians.

This is why you get "intersectionality of oppression" and you get lesbians arguing for the establishment of a country run by people who would rape and murder them. Meanwhile, Israeli tourism actively advertises in gay media.

I can't remember where I saw the editorial, but the left sees everything in a lens of capital oppressing labor. So anti-abortion advocates are really capitalists looking to keep women down, by forcing them to bear unwanted children and sustain themselves as cheap labor. The left sees a successful Israel and intuits that this has to be at the expense of the Palestinians.

This is why you get "intersectionality of oppression" and you get lesbians arguing for the establishment of a country run by people who would rape and murder them. Meanwhile, Israeli tourism actively advertises in gay media.
I don’t understand the last part of your argument. Who desires to be ruled by a rapist and murderer?

I don’t understand the last part of your argument. Who desires to be ruled by a rapist and murderer?

The point is that the Left can't think outside of this box. I don't know. Maybe Lesbians for the Liberation of Palestine think that once "Palestine is Free rom the River to the Sea", the entire place will turn into Provincetown.

I think if Israel ended their apartheid and treated Palestinians properly, public perception of them globally would improve. It would also quell much of the Palestinians hatred of them. They've caused most of their own problems if we're being honest.

He had to completely fabricate WMDs to convince the public of a threat that doesn’t exist to garner support for an invasion.

No, they did that to give themselves a reason to go in. They could've pointed to any nation that resembled the brown hijackers, and the public would've been cool with it.

If he had it all before they wouldn’t have felt the need to do that. And then the mission utterly failed. So the argument the Israel government should follow that example is ridiculous.

But in this case, there isn't any fabricated reason needed to fuck Gaza up. They got attacked. They're naturally gonna hit back. Your brilliant solution is that the Israeli government should tell their people, that torturing, raping, and murdering their people in a mass terrorist attack, isn't a cause for retaliation, and they should solve the problem through prayer or some shit. Yeah, not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back