Has Canelo Reached A Whole New Level?

Flboycanscrap2

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
After Saturday night, Canelo continues to look absolutely incredible and display an enormous skill gap between him and his opponents.

Post GGG v Canelo 2, Canelo has only given up early rounds to hone in his timing before taking over completely and had a competitive but glorified sparring match with Danny Jacobs.

So, has this current version of Canelo really reached an entirely new level of skill and ability or is GGG just unrivaled as quality opposition for Canelo so far?

Last edited:
Interesting perspective

that's pretty dope, he will likely surpass both of them.

how do these three rank historically by that metric, does anyone know?

i do believe canelo isn't going to be fighting for much longer, though. and by that i mean 3-4 more years. i think he and his camp are clever enough to call it quits before he gets too old to compete.

that's pretty dope, he will likely surpass both of them.

how do these three rank historically by that metric, does anyone know?

i do believe canelo isn't going to be fighting for much longer, though. and by that i mean 3-4 more years. i think he and his camp are clever enough to call it quits before he gets too old to compete.
Benavidez, Charlo, Biev or Bivol. Id be perfectly content to see Canelo hang them up after those. I dont even think there are anymore boogeyman left for Canelo after those guys are there?

Hard to believe hes this far into his career already tbh. The amount of high quality fights hes churned out the couple years has been tremendous.
I know he has to be there but it just feels wrong seeing Chavez Jr on a list like that, he's so out of place.
Ya lol hes a huge can. But anyone’s records can be dissected and downplayed. Theres some ugly ones on everyones resume

GGG pushed Canelo to his limits, something the rest of his recent opposition hasn't done. He's the most valuable feather on Ginger's cap. It makes it tempting to make a third fight, as we wouldn't see another dismantling of some cautious stick-and-move enthusiast. But I don't see how a fading Golovkin can do better than a few years ago.

Stylewise Beterbiev and Benavidez are the most interesting matchups because we'd likely get a war instead of a hunt with both of them. Charlo is a bit of a question mark.

C'mon he beat Caleb Plant, let's keep some perspective here!

after every big fight today it's always the same talk. Not knowing either fighter, Plant is apparently a mover with no power, if that's the case, you better have pernell whitaker like skills, if you don't, anyone with some pop can beat you. Not surprised or impressed and didn't watch, and no, he's not a Hagler.

C'mon he beat Caleb Plant, let's keep some perspective here!
And unified titles. Now go ahead and add that to the rest of his already stacked resume.

He's fighting a set of opponents that are not as good as the opponents he struggled against. That's it.

after every big fight today it's always the same talk. Not knowing either fighter, Plant is apparently a mover with no power, if that's the case, you better have pernell whitaker like skills, if you don't, anyone with some pop can beat you. Not surprised or impressed and didn't watch, and no, he's not a Hagler.
You’re weird. Why even comment on his fights if you don’t watch?

Hes surpassing Hagler, sooooo

And unified titles. Now go ahead and add that to the rest of his already stacked resume.
Against who? His best win is GGG but he is 1-1 in my view against him. Usyk beat Breidis, Gassiev and Joshua. Who are Canelo's best three wins? GGG (lucky draw in the 1st fight), Jacobs and shot Kovalev. I'd say Usyk has the better top 3 wins and no losses.

Hes surpassing Hagler, sooooo
let time decide that, not people on some boxing forum. Even Hagler was premature for wanting accolades, but that's in a fighter's interest. Back then, we didn't have all the clatter we do today because we didn't have much contact with other boxing fans in our day to day life, different world, different people, different outlook.

Against who? His best win is GGG but he is 1-1 in my view against him. Usyk beat Breidis, Gassiev and Joshua. Who are Canelo's best three wins? GGG (lucky draw in the 1st fight), Jacobs and shot Kovalev. I'd say Usyk has the better top 3 wins and no losses.
Who said Canelo’s unified titles were better than Usyk’s…..?

You’re weird. Why even comment on his fights if you don’t watch?
I'm weird, i don't like watching boxing because i see my favorite game getting fucked up and it's frustrating, but you don't know any better. I'm weird and you're naïve. Give me something worth watching and I'll watch. Pac was, most today aren't.

Who said Canelo’s unified titles were better than Usyk’s…..?
Who mentioned Canelo's unified titles? You brought them up. Usyk's unified CW title is better than any body of work Canelo has done.

let time decide that, not people on some boxing forum. Even Hagler was premature for wanting accolades, but that's in a fighter's interest. Back then, we didn't have all the clatter we do today because we didn't have much contact with other boxing fans in our day to day life, different world, different people, different outlook.
I didnt realize time decided rankings. All along I thought it was the people who actually watched the sport.

Then again, you dont even watch or know who these guys are so Im not sure why Im bothering to respond lol

Back