Has there ever been a more pampered fighter in all of combat sports than...

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score
... Conor McGregor? Because I'm struggling to come up another that has been coddled, pampered, and accommodated as much as he has.no

Not only by Dana white but the whole sport bends backwards for him. He can jump in and out from the sport as he pleases, and chooses his own fights basically. He is the definition of Special treatment.

Yet people can't stop making threads about him? I don't understand why, i really don't. He's not in the equation in my eyes. Feck him.

Sounds like he runs MMA
{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

A lot of boxers in the past had power like that

Most recent example being Floyd. No current boxer really has that

3700086345.jpg

ALbini-Diaper.png

When someone else can exploit the sports entertainment aspect of MMA as well he can, they will also get this kind of treatment.

Yet people can't stop making threads about him? I don't understand why, i really don't. He's not in the equation in my eyes. Feck him.
Good point. I'll tag you in the thread I start about this to further explore this issue.

Pampered sure is an interesting term to describe any combat athlete, maybe 0.001% end up that way but I don't think any start off like that.

Dude fights Mendes on short notice, Aldo, moves up and beats 155 champ.
Had deals to fight RDJ. Eventually comes back and fights Khabib.

Say what you will about his character and the like, but he's a good fighter. It's that simple.

I don't like a lot of great fighters character or antics. But I'm not blinded by hatred so I can easily affirm their quality in the cage. I'll never understand folks thinking these fighters are bad, lol.

When you make the establishment a lot of money, and I mean a lot more money than your colleagues, you get special treatment and can ask special favors and get them. Doesn't really matter what industry.

When someone else can exploit the sports entertainment aspect of MMA as well he can, they will also get this kind of treatment.

It helps when the organization decides to spend far more cash promoting you (and Rousey) and using all their connections and resources to push you and your cards than all the other champions combined.

Last edited:

He can only exploit it if there's a demand for it. It's so sad. He's a spoilt child and tasteless. It's great when there's personality on the roster, but only if it's real. Askren with his ''fight me in the cage, dumbo" attitude, or Israel's utter belief that he is rising to a level that will eventually be enough to rival Jones, Gastelum's complete believe that he will get become champion, Gaethje who was born to be in MMA. Real people, real stories, real action. Feck Conor and his pantomime. Dana should cut him loose but he just sees money, the wanker.

Last edited:
Back