Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Erupts: "Area of Major Disaster" Declared By The Federal Government.

Any update? You having to evac or anything?

Not me. See that non-colored part of this map and where it say Kohala? I'm in that section of the island.

636610283004518973-050418-Hawaii-volcano-Online-zones.png

I will join him to see how you'r doing as well Mr SDsgsdudbeue8eueejdbdbe38hu9

More the merrier.

Just in! @Cubo de Sangre's Mustang getting torched by lava flow.

At first the fiery lava appears to be alive to me, like some kind of primordial monster as it slowly but relentlessly devouring everything in its path. Then I remember that one story we read back in High School about a plantation under siege by a sea of jungle ants sweeping through the area.

That poor mustang swallowed by lava is the stag that got swallowed alive by billions of ants.

At first the fiery lava appears to be alive to me, like some kind of primordial monster as it slowly but relentlessly devouring everything in its path. Then I remember that one story we read back in High School about a plantation under siege by a sea of jungle ants sweeping through the area.

That poor mustang swallowed by lava is the stag that got swallowed alive by billions of ants.

First thing I thought of was The Blob.

A new fissure from the Hawaii volcano is spattering lava — and it's just east of a geothermal energy plant
Michelle Mark and Associated Press

5af79096ab624819008b49eb-960-480.jpg

A new lava fissure has opened up on Hawaii's Big Island in the vicinity of a geothermal energy plant.

Just hours after the fissure opened up on Saturday morning, red and black lava had piled up about 40 feet high and more than 150 feet in length, while magma chunks sprayed up to 100 feet in the air, Reuters reported.

Hawaii's Kilauea volcano has been continuously erupting for years, but an uptick in eruptions and earthquakes in recent days have ramped up the danger for residents of Hawaii's Big Island.

Thousands of people have now been forced to evacuate, and the eruption has already destroyed dozens of structures. Geologists are warning that the volcano's summit crater could soon begin spewing huge boulders and ash.

Here's what the new fissure looks like:

5af792839ec86729008b47b4-960-1217.jpg

This Saturday, May 12, 2018, image released by the Hawai'i County Fire Department, shows an aerial view of fissure 16, located about 1.3 km (0.8 miles) northeast of fissure 15, top left, in the Big Island of Hawaii.

5af792b7e3186e22008b49b5-960-636.jpg

This Saturday, May 12, 2018, aerial image released by the Hawai'i County Fire Department, show a view of fissure 16, bottom right, that erupted this morning beginning just before 7:00 a.m. HST in the Big Island of Hawaii.

5af793059ec867c1108b468c-960-640.jpg

An onlooker watches as lava erupts from a fissure east of the Leilani Estates subdivision during ongoing eruptions of the Kilauea Volcano, U.S., May 12, 2018.

5af7936ee3186e0e028b4943-960-640.jpg

Steam and gas rise along the edge of Kilauea's summit crater in Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii, Thursday, May 10, 2018

5af793a0ab624864008b4a55-960-640.jpg

Lava erupts from a fissure east of the Leilani Estates subdivision during ongoing eruptions of the Kilauea Volcano in Hawaii, U.S., May 12, 2018

5af05d1619ee8621008b4924-960-696.jpg

Lava burns across a road in the Leilani Estates subdivision as an unidentified person takes pictures of the flow, Saturday, May 5, 2018 near Pahoa, Hawaii. Offerings of Hawaiian ti leaves, rocks and cans to the fire goddess Pele lie in the street in front of the lava

http://www.businessinsider.com/hawa...ols-and-water-pipes-damaged-by-the-eruption-6

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
The news is saying the toxic gas + rain = acid rain. Also, toxic gas + human = dead human.

Better be crushed instantly by falling boulders than slowly melted by acid rain...

Last edited:
Sucks but thats Hawaii was created. It’s like living in Japan, Chile, Indonesia . You always know earthquakes have happened and could happen at any moment.

The real wake up call will be when the San Andreas fault slips for the big one.

Don't worry Hawaiians, I'm sure everything on the island will be fixed by your state/local government long before Puerto Rico.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Back