Helwani has lost the plot: believes MMA is not 'violent'

Amazing Helwani doesn't just go away. Won't even look or listen to that guy anymore. As an MMA fan for the first 5 years his show was okay, now you listen to him (as a fan 10+ years) and the big white bearded guy and it's just "ME" "ME" "ME" "ME". Incredible narcissism to levels beyond that of a Hollywood Celebrity.

He is the top MMA host
Far from a journalist in reality

He doesn't do any hard hitting investigation. He knows nothing about the business structure/info. He is a great host that gets scoops bc he befriends fighters.
What investigation do you want him to do?

Why does MMA have to be stuck with Helwani and Luke Thomas?

The Nose is a cuck. Got put in his place by 6'4" Armenian alpha Marine black belt Luke Thomas.

Giijdt9.png

Luke Thomas 'cucks' nobody. Holy shit, that beard is douchey.

An argument can be made it's about competition, which happens to have the possibility of violence.

But saying the NFL is about violence and MMA isn't is retard level thinking.

An argument can be made it's about competition, which happens to have the possibility of violence.

But saying the NFL is about violence and MMA isn't is retard level thinking.

To be fair, I bet the NFL has a higher percentage of athletes who commit violent and depraved acts off the field. Maybe that's what he meant.

I dont think its really violent at all.

Two guys sign contracts, get in a ring with doctor and refs, and have the ability to stop the match by giving up at anytime.
Most of the time we watch a boring glorified sparring match. Afterwards they shake hands and need a few sutures.

Now home invasions, drive by shootings, thugs jumping innocent people, that is violence.

Edit
obligatory Fuck Helwani

What investigation do you want him to do?

I don't
Where did I say I did?
;)

I stated he doesn't & that is why he is more of an MMA host/personality, than anything else.

vi·o·lence
ˈvī(ə)ləns/
noun
noun: violence
behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.

-

MMA certainly is violent by definition in that there is "intention to hurt, damage"

What a fucking piece of sack of shit... What's that Brazilian phrase? Dogs asshole? Just when i thought he couldn't get any worse. I told yall he should've stayed banned.

I'd pay to see Luke Thomas put Helwani in a choke hold

What a fornicating baboon.

You beat your opponent senseless until he either is knocked out unconscious, you break a limb on his body, you choke him unconscious or someone steps in to save him from taking further damage, yet it's not a violent sport...

or a panel of people that viewed the bout decides if it was violent enough

Nobody is more annoying and useless than Jeff Wagenheim.

True. I remember him vociferously insisting that Ronda was the number one P4P fighter on earth.

Neither Wagenheim nor Helwani have ever made a perceptive point about the sport they are paid to cover. They have zero understanding of combat.

Does anyone actually listen to all those nerds talk MMA lol

Back