Holiday is screwed.

I was getting priced 2 grand for vegas and miami for 28 days on hotwire half the price.

Damn TS. Try to make some sort of plan to change your reality, maybe save some money and eventually quit the job to do something you have some passion for. If you like adventure and travel, maybe think of doing something related to that. Start thinking of what small steps you can take to eventually achieve it. Maybe contemplate leaving your wife if she's too much of a pain. Your London thread makes her sound annoying too. It sounds like you're with her out of some sense of responsibility or guilt, but not necessarily because it makes you happy.

Even if it's a 5 or 10 year plan and you're some old fucker, time goes by quickly. Planning something big will give you something to look forward to. No need to be reckless, but if you're gonna die as a cog anyway might as well go out swinging and do things your way, and spit on the face of people and things bringing you down.

Another way of helping us assess the situation better would be by posting pics of the wife. Preferably without much clothes on, but anything will do.

Watching Junior. Legendary movie.

My body, my choice.

GF is pissed because we cannot get WiFi in the room and she doesn't have a USB to charge her phone. Doesn't want to go anywhere.

May go out shortly.

Eight days off, second in.

Bag packed, we set off by car and stopped at service area.

Everywhere today costs £150-£200 a night, even shitty Travelodge.

Drove up Boxhill. Getting up was stressful, GF didn't want to hike.

GF doesn't want to do anything. I want to go to Europe, not rip off UK, but she needs a Visa and doesn't have one.

GF vetod my idea of going anywhere in the UK, so I put my fist through my Chromebook. Trashed.

No adventure for me. Work, at shit studio flat in dead town, repeat.

Life is shit. Pure shit.

Just an owned cog in the machine. Squeezed out until wasted, then given a gravestone at the end.

Pure fucking AIDS.

Yeah, fuck holidaying in the UK.

During covid in summer 2020, when they were banging on about 'staycations', my sister and her family paid £3,000 for 4 nights for a family of 4 in fucking Cornwall.

I went to Switzerland and Italy at the same time, did air bnbs and 1 x hostel, for 3 weeks and spent about the same.

Traveling with someone who's a bad traveler (or bad person or bad relationship) sucks.

But the visa part - how does that not come up in conversation during the planning phase of the trip?

Just spent ages walking behind my partner, who vetoed all of my food ideas, then brought an £18 meal from a shithole kebab shop (I was ripped off £3-4 and was about to confront, but GF went on about how much everything sucks), ate the worst sausage and chips that I've ever had and now I cannot be fucked and I'm back in the room on my own, about to have a bath and then go to sleep.

To anyone visiting. Windsor is a shopping centre with a castle in the middle of it. Not worth going.

Last edited:
Jesus man. Is the sex at least good? I have a bad feeling you aint getting laid on this trip either.

Not booking a hotel in advance is pretty much a school boy error.

Playing it by ear might sound adventurous but it is pretty dumb, especially (as you say) your gf is not adventurous or spontaneous in the least.

See if you can maneuver yourself a 2nd GF. If you're current GF is Thai/Asian She should understand, and want you to be happy.

Just spent ages walking behind my partner, who vetoed all of my food ideas, then brought an £18 meal from a shithole kebab shop (I was ripped off £3-4 and was about to confront, but GF went on about how much everything sucks), ate the worst sausage and chips that I've ever had and now I cannot be fucked and I'm back in the room on my own, about to have a bath and then go to sleep.

To anyone visiting. Windsor is a shopping centre with a castle in the middle of it. Not worth going.

Dude, don't take this the wrong way but your girlfriend sounds like a miserable controlling cunt... why are you with her?

Back