Media Holly Holm Unlikely to Fight Kayla Harrison if Kayla Doesn’t Make Weight

It was a smart answer which I’m surprised by. If she said she didn’t care, Dana/UFC would bad mouth her if the fight fell apart and say she didn’t want to fight.

By saying what she said, UFC will need to throw a butt load of cash at her and negotiate to make the fight happen.

And Tate is already online talking about how the cut to 125 wrecked her performance.
We will see something similar for Harrison imo, its a huge weight drop, she probably didnt cut that much at 155, but had the benefits of fighting at her peak performance, at 135 she wont look like a blonde Gabbi Garcia.

We will see something similar for Harrison imo, its a huge weight drop, she probably didnt cut that much at 155, but had the benefits of fighting at her peak performance, at 135 she wont look like a blonde Gabbi Garcia.

I’m starting to think the easiest money for UFC 300 is on Harrison not making weight.

Last edited:
Kayla did finish Courtney King rd2 punches at 145 in Invicta and spilled some serious blood.

She looked dandy. I don't recall if she said much about the weight cut atm.

4 yeas ago (as well)

Is Mike dolce still involved in MMA? That guy used to be the weight cutting guru that everyone called. I think he even helped Rumble Johnson make weight at 170 before. Kayla needs to call that dude up and go old school Dolce diet.

The return of bro science!

I'm very hopeful, but not optimistic.

Is there any confirmation of her test cuts?

IIRC, someone (Dana?) said she had already successful cut to the BW limit. I hope that is true, but if it was him who claimed that...well, we know what 'Dana said' is worth :D

Somewhere else I think, it was said that she has already made several test cuts, but IIRC it was *not* specifically claimed that she made several test cuts *to 135/136*. That lack of qualification could suggest that she test cut to something higher, been comfortable enough with how that went to agree to 135 fight, etc. We just don't know and are left assuming that she would not agree to something that she isn't very confident she can do.

We are talking about a career LW suddenly dropping down two divisions to a weight limit she has never competed at since at least 2009 where (acc. to her Wiki), she moved up in judo from 63kg (138lbs) because there was no division...but she will now do so, at age 33, with all that competition mileage on her body?

I'm rooting for her...and for Holly to get that fight...but...the weigh ins should be very interesting!

She walks around at 160. Should be doable if she's dedicated to the weight cut.

A bunch of PFL fighters got tested (and busted) at an event in NV or CA (I forget) after Francis signed with them. there were some conspiracy theories...

That was pre-USADA though. It's what prompted them to sign with USADA

Kayla did a practice cut before signing the contract

Kayla did finish Courtney King rd2 punches at 145 in Invicta and spilled some serious blood.

She looked dandy. I don't recall if she said much about the weight cut atm.

4 yeas ago (as well)

She did say she loved being able to use elbows on the ground.

I don't blame Holly at all. Weight cuts are hard and are a big advantage if a fighter doesn't do the full cut. I would refuse the fight also; there is no reason to let some unprofessional assclown have that kind of advantage. Make weight or don't fight; either you are a professional fighter, or you aren't.

Kayla ain't fighting for 20/20k bro, not a chance...

At least I hope not... :rolleyes:
No way she would do that when she was making much more elsewhere.

It's kind of the opposite of what everyone says- fans say that the only reason ex-UFC fighters make good money outside the UFC is because they were put on a platform by the UFC. Kayla is proof the UFC isn't as necessary as some think; she made a name for herself before the UFC so they would have to pay her more when she got here.

No way she would do that when she was making much more elsewhere.

It's kind of the opposite of what everyone says- fans say that the only reason ex-UFC fighters make good money outside the UFC is because they were put on a platform by the UFC. Kayla is proof the UFC isn't as necessary as some think; she made a name for herself before the UFC so they would have to pay her more when she got here.

MVP is another good example of a modern fighter that made his money his way...

People have short memories though... Pride, and Strikeforce both brought massive talent pools along with them in their day...

Last edited:
Female Brock Harrison signed a contract and needs to make weight.

I'd like to see that "Test Fight" session!

Holm is smart to already start the negotiation process. She will get paid to do so.

Yup. She's not stupid enough to give her any leeway ahead of the cut. They can pay her when Kayla misses weight.

Back