Horiguchi Just Destroyed a Bunch of People Over in Rizin

Was 2-0 up versus Mighty Mouse
He wasn't, but this knee was pretty close.

giphy.gif

The guy covers distance so damn fast.

He wasn't, but this knee was pretty close.

giphy.gif

The guy covers distance so damn fast.
Didn't catch how brutal that knee was in my first and only viewing of the fight. Thanks man.

Guchi has what it take to be champ in either FW and BW in the UFC imo. Id favor more against TJ than MM tbh.

i don't know anyone else on that list but Hideo Tokoro, and he's a 40 yr old journeyman.

Kape just beat McCall. Say what youw ant about how the fight ended but to me it wa slooking like he was about to beat the shit out of him anyway

He just won 3 fights in 3 days vs. guys 1-2 divisions bigger than him.
It was one of the most impressive things any fighter has done all year.

FIGHT 1 VS. GABRIEL OLIVEIRA: A undefeated featherweight who KO'd UFC ranked Tatsuya Kawajiri to enter tournament.

giphy.gif

FIGHT 2 VS. MANEL KAPE: A talented bantamweight who beat Ian McCall to advance (even though it was flukey).
giphy.gif

FIGHT 3 VS. SHINTARO ISHIWATARI: This was a rematch between two of Japanese's best. Horiguch KO'd him, remaining Ishiwatari's only unavenged loss in 7 years.
giphy.gif
Japanese MMA: Pride FC, Hero’s is sorely missed & hopefully will make it back to the top. UFC is lame & has been since Dana & his mafia friends bought it back in early 2000s & always will be.

They made it about the organization vs Japan’s approach of making it about the actual fighters. There’s no comparison between the two. Haven’t bought a ppv since Pride(bought every single P FC event)died! For UFC all illegal streams & will never stop. Fuck them & their business model.

Japanese MMA: Pride FC, Hero’s is sorely missed & hopefully will make it back to the top. UFC is lame & has been since Dana & his mafia friends bought it back in early 2000s & always will be.

They made it about the organization vs Japan’s approach of making it about the actual fighters. There’s no comparison between the two. Haven’t bought a ppv since Pride(bought every single P FC event)died! For UFC all illegal streams & will never stop. Fuck them & their business model.
The production value on Rizin's event was pretty eye opening. They made the card as well as all the fighters seem like a much bigger deal than UFC does. I was impressed.

He just won 3 fights in 3 days vs. guys 1-2 divisions bigger than him.
It was one of the most impressive things any fighter has done all year.

FIGHT 1 VS. GABRIEL OLIVEIRA: A undefeated featherweight who KO'd UFC ranked Tatsuya Kawajiri to enter tournament.

giphy.gif

FIGHT 2 VS. MANEL KAPE: A talented bantamweight who beat Ian McCall to advance (even though it was flukey).
giphy.gif

FIGHT 3 VS. SHINTARO ISHIWATARI: This was a rematch between two of Japanese's best. Horiguch KO'd him, remaining Ishiwatari's only unavenged loss in 7 years.
giphy.gif
Awesome gifs bro. Kudos.
Horiguchi is LEGIT as FUCK, bringing back that good'ol Shotokan Karate with extra POWAAAA!!!

You miserable cretins will still talk shit, but he won three fights in three nights above his weight class. Tell me another fighter who has done the same.

Gucci is a top 5 FlyW no doubt, its just he was stuck either fighting more contenders in hopes to get tapped for a rematch, or take some more money to go to Japan and grab a title.

Can't blame him for his decision.

They were going to give him a rematch a year or so after getting dominated for 5 rounds? You're crazy.

No, I'm not. They gave title shots to Borg And Reis, but you think they wouldn't give a rematch to one of the most exciting fighters in the division, who would have been on a nice win streak, just because he lost 2 years earlier?

Gucci is a top 5 FlyW no doubt, its just he was stuck either fighting more contenders in hopes to get tapped for a rematch, or take some more money to go to Japan and grab a title.

Can't blame him for his decision.

He'll probably come back to the UFC with more money, more experience, and still be very close to the title. I think he'll be better off in the long run because of the choice he made.

He won the first two rounds imo against the current p4p best.

Is that you Cecil? I thought it was widely accepted that Mighty Mouse pitched a shutout before the finish. I don't think a single play by play had a round for Horiguchi.

He'll probably come back to the UFC with more money, more experience, and still be very close to the title. I think he'll be better off in the long run because of the choice he made.
Agreed, he looked great in this recent RIZIN run. Pleased to see him sticking with Mike Brown and the gang at ATT as well. It bodes well for his future.

He's a beast but he had absolutely nothing for Mighty Mouse so I guess he wasn't high priority for the UFC to resign, since a rematch with MM was not likely to happen at any juncture.

That fight was pretty competitive up until the last round.

"Horiguchi Just Destroyed a Bunch of NO NAME CANS Over in Rizin"

More fitting of a title.

Agreed, he looked great in this recent RIZIN run. Pleased to see him sticking with Mike Brown and the gang at ATT as well. It bodes well for his future.

From what I understand, one of the reasons he went to rizin was because he wanted to fight more often and gain more experience--apparently he didn't feel like he could fight often in the UFC. I just assume that he wants that experience so that he can improve and challenge himself against the best again.

He's not the first ufc fighter to complain about not getting as many fights as he'd like .

Of course, Rizin probably emptied their banks for him too, but I just have the impression that Kyoji will be back in the UFC one day.

i miss Gooch in the ufc. dude throws fucking lazers. i’m honestly not confident we will ever see him back in the big show unfortunately. he’s way too valuable to Rizin & will compete (& reign supreme) in multiple divisions. ufc fucking goofed by not offering a proper offer when he was still a top prospect in the flw division. i’d be 100x more amped for a MM/Gooch rematch than i will be for a MM/Cejudo rematch.

gj ufc

Back