How Does Tito Ortiz Beating Chuck Liddell Change Your Opinions Of Their MMA Legacies? Does It?

Does the result of the fight change your opinion on the fighters' legacies?

• Total voters
It’s like saying werdums win over fedor is the same as mitriones context matters

Yes it has

Tito's longevity proves that he was relatively clean during his career

Add to that his chronic back injury which he had surgery for.

If only Tito got stem cell injections for his back and neck injuries..rather than orthopedic surgery.....

The fighters of today regularly get stem cell treatment instead of surgery. Tryron Woodley for his shoulder, Luke Rockhold for his knee injury, and Chael Sonnen recently got stem cell treatment in Medellin, Colombia (though his wasn't for an injury, he got stem cell "rejuvenation"...which is supposed to heal the whole body...but I'm not so sure on its effectiveness because it's relatively new).

Your kidding, rigmght? Chuck starched him easy 2x in their primes.

the whole "prime" thing is such a myth
what is the point of martial arts? it's about discipline and skill over the course of one's lifetime. if martial arts was all about physical "prime," then you wouldn't need to train.
Tito has shown that he's overtaken Chuck in the martial arts over the course of their lives. he is the better fighter

Honestly I think you could still see why Tito lost, he was just fighting an incredibly slow version of Chuck with no chin left who couldn't exploit his advantages.

Last edited:
Their primes were early 2000s. I still remember how good they used to be. They both have a lot of great wins, especially Chuck.

Chuck Liddell
Randy Couture 2x
Tito Ortiz 2x
Babalu Sobral 2x
Alistair Overeem
Murilo Bustamante
Vitor Belfort
Kevin Randleman
Wanderlei Silva
Guy Mezger
Pele
Jeremy Horn
Amar Suloev
Jeff Monson
Vernon White

That is Chuck's legacy and that will never change

<PlusJuan>

Chuck is basically 50, and he didn't always have exactly the healthiest lifestyle habits either.

tenor.gif

the whole "prime" thing is such a myth
what is the point of martial arts? it's about discipline and skill over the course of one's lifetime. if martial arts was all about physical "prime," then you wouldn't need to train.
Tito has shown that he's overtaken Chuck in the martial arts over the course of their lives. he is the better fighter
what the fucking fuck. what an odd angle.

Who the hell are the 12 votes for “yes”?? Lol gotta be some trollin mofos

Chuck is 48 years old and his body is cashing in the checks of his valetudo days + raging coke habit, this fight only meant something to Chuck and Tito, doubt anyone will even talk about it when discussing their legacies.

This fight means Nothing.

Chuck is nearly Fifty, been partying and drinking hard for years and last fought 8 years ago.

Tito is 43, at this point each year makes a difference, has been in training, and been active and has had 10 fights since chuck last fought.

Tito got the better of Chuck on the night but I didn't get the impression he was the better fighter. Chuck still looks sharp, just a bit of ring rust.

Liddell won the two bouts that mattered vs. Ortiz. This one didn't matter. I expected to Tito to win given how he had remained active and Chuck had not. Chuck had suffered multiple KO's and his chin was no longer sound. So barring a puncher's chance, I felt Ortiz was the clear favorite in this matchup. But there was no belt or rankings on the line. This was essentially an old timer's event for a pay-day. No more, no less. Both remain relevant as pioneers and legends in the sport who held belts and were solid draws to fill seats and sell PPV.

I'm not even considering this fight when discussing their legacies, especially Chuck. Chuck was getting slow 9 years ago, and his chin was done. No way he'd get any faster with time off.

Back