How many athletes stayed elite until they retired?

Those games were two seasons before he retired and those wins were largely thanks to his defense. But Brady definitely did motivate them like he was in his prime.
LOL, GTFO. Goddamn you guys are so weathered. Brady still takes calls from companies wanting him to sell underwear, and y'all look like Obama after two terms despite that you never got off the couch. Had to be a hard knocks life being a Brady hater.

Those games were two seasons before he retired and those wins were largely thanks to his defense. But Brady definitely did motivate them like he was in his prime.
None of that changes that he beat three of his top peers in a row when it mattered. This isn't Punt, Pass and Kick it's a complex game requiring specialized skills including reading defenses and being able to adapt your reads accordingly. There's a reason people who've played and covered football almost universally call him the GOAT.

LOL, GTFO. Goddamn you guys are so weathered. Brady still takes calls from companies wanting him to sell underwear, and y'all look like Obama after two terms despite that you never got off the couch. Had to be a hard knocks life being a Brady hater.

None of that changes that he beat three of his top peers in a row when it mattered. This isn't Punt, Pass and Kick it's a complex game requiring specialized skills including reading defenses and being able to adapt your reads accordingly. There's a reason people who've played and covered football almost universally call him the GOAT.

He threw 3 picks against the packers and barely had to do shit against the chiefs or saints cuz the Bucs defense had 4 turnovers against the saints and held the chiefs to 9 points. He was in Brock Purdy game manager mode.

Also this thread is about “elite when they retired” not where he ranks all time. The season you guys are talking about was two years before when he actually retired. Brady wasn’t “elite” in 2022. He was throwing ducks and a B level qb who looked past his prime. The only “elite” qbs were Mahomo, Allen and Burrgoat. You might as well be arguing that Peyton was elite when he retired in 2015 cuz he threw for 50 touchdowns in 2013.

Last edited:
He threw 3 picks against the packers and barely had to do shit against the chiefs or saints cuz the Bucs defense had 4 turnovers against the saints and held the chiefs to 9 points. He was in Brock Purdy game manager mode.
b614c71530850e154828ace697201b40.gif

LOL, he also threw 3 TDs against the Packers. Those were his only 3 picks in that postseason. He threw 10 TD's to 3 picks. He had the most TDs and the most yards of any QB that postseason, tied for the top QB passer rating, and had a nearly identical QBR to Mahomes and Rodgers. Only Rodgers had a (fractionally) higher ANY/A.

I don't care about the retirement crap. I'll just never miss the opportunity to dance on the graves of Brady cock-garglers.

b614c71530850e154828ace697201b40.gif

LOL, he also threw 3 TDs against the Packers. Those were his only 3 picks in that postseason. He threw 10 TD's to 3 picks. He had the most TDs and the most yards of any QB that postseason, tied for the top QB passer rating, and had a nearly identical QBR to Mahomes and Rodgers. Only Rodgers had a (fractionally) higher ANY/A.

I don't care about the retirement crap. I'll just never miss the opportunity to dance on the graves of Brady cock-garglers.

Lol big shocker that the qb who won the superbowl led the postseason in passing yards and touchdowns. He barely completely 50% of his passes in the nfc playoffs, he wasn’t some god that you make him out to be. Mahomo, Stafford, hurts and Burrow were all more impressive in recent Super Bowl runs. The only qb who made it to the superbowl with worse play than Brady in 2021 in the last 5 years is Purdy lmao.

Idk why Brady fanboys get so bent out of shape when someone points out that his defense was just as, if not more important than him in multiple super bowls/playoff runs. Defense forces 4 turnovers against Brees and holds Mahomo to 9 points and we somehow want to make it sound like Brady carried the load. Incredible.

This thread is literally about retirement and that’s what was being discussed, so my bad for responding to someone else about that I guess.

Lol big shocker that the qb who won the superbowl led the postseason in passing yards and touchdowns. He barely completely 50% of his passes in the nfc playoffs, he wasn’t some god that you make him out to be. Mahomo, Stafford, hurts and Burrow were all more impressive in recent Super Bowl runs. The only qb who made it to the superbowl with worse play than Brady in 2021 in the last 5 years is Purdy lmao.

Idk why Brady fanboys get so bent out of shape when someone points out that his defense was just as, if not more important than him in multiple super bowls/playoff runs. Defense forces 4 turnovers against Brees and holds Mahomo to 9 points and we somehow want to make it sound like Brady carried the load. Incredible.

This thread is literally about retirement and that’s what was being discussed, so my bad for responding to someone else about that I guess.
Defense! Belichik! Spygate! Deflategate! Game manager! It was all a coincidence!!!
Tom-Brady-eb437ed7e54743d69a89a4d73c2fa004.jpg

Defense! Belichik! Spygate! Deflategate! Game manager! It was all a coincidence!!!
Tom-Brady-eb437ed7e54743d69a89a4d73c2fa004.jpg

Lol I brought up defense not any of that other nonsense. I’m not debating Brady’s all time status. You’re on Queer Street worse than ncannou right now. The way Brady motivated his defense to get these red zone turnovers is something we may never see again.

Lol I brought up defense not any of that other nonsense. I’m not debating Brady’s all time status. You’re on Queer Street worse than ncannou right now. The way Brady motivated his defense to get these red zone turnovers is something we may never see again.

A takeaway in the playoffs!

Never seen before or to ever be seen again, folks! Feast your eyes! It's Haley's Comet!

Bradys Bucs years were 3 of his 5 best seasons. Not because that was his physical prime but because he had these magical weapons called WRs that he did not have for most of his prime.

A takeaway in the playoffs!

Never seen before or to ever be seen again, folks! Feast your eyes! It's Haley's Comet!

A team won who’s offense could only score a td when their defense got a red zone turnover. You actually don’t see that very often in the playoffs lmao.

Bradys Bucs years were 3 of his 5 best seasons. Not because that was his physical prime but because he had these magical weapons called WRs that he did not have for most of his prime.

2022 probably wasn’t even one of his ten best seasons. You could put those stats next to Kirk cousins and nobody would notice.

2022 probably wasn’t even one of his ten best seasons. You could put those stats next to Kirk cousins and nobody would notice.

That ones a little tricky. In terms of yards it was one of his 5 best years. The Bucs just could not score in the red zone to save their yards. But they had no problem moving the piggy and getting to the red zone.

That ones a little tricky. In terms of yards it was one of his 5 best years. The Bucs just could not score in the red zone to save their yards. But they had no problem moving the piggy and getting to the red zone.

Idk why they wanted to dump arians and roll with leftwichs offense.

This is why we stand.

Lmao @ Brady being elite when he retired. He could barely throw a completion more than 5 yards down the field. Every thing was a check down. If his division wasn’t so trash he wouldn’t even had made the playoffs.

Lmao @ Brady being elite when he retired. He could barely throw a completion more than 5 yards down the field. Every thing was a check down. If his division wasn’t so trash he wouldn’t even had made the playoffs.
You're one of these guys who think that punching bag machines show how good of a striker someone is if you think that how far someone can throw a football is what makes them an elite quarterback lol. Let me repeat -- it's not Punt, Pass and Kick. It is a complex game with levels.

You're one of these guys who think that punching bag machines show how good of a striker someone is if you think that how far someone can throw a football is what makes them an elite quarterback lol. Let me repeat -- it's not Punt, Pass and Kick. It is a complex game with levels.
This is a pretty stupid post. Lmao.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back