How often do you eat out? Tell me about your recent experiences.

tenor.gif

I hope by not so well you mean you tipped them like 18%, because otherwise it sounds like you can afford to go out to a nice place once a month not twice

I didn't tip at the Indian place because I already tipped the sushi place. Restaurants share their tips.

Man here in Lima, Peru I went to a nice restaurant a couple nights ago. I ordered a full rack of lamb and 2 drinks and didn't even break $50. In the states, I rarely exceed $50/per person on food alone. If I do, 95% of the time its a steakhouse and that may occur once a month. Now if we include drinks, I'd say once a week.
Have you ever been to Central?

Not counting fast food garbage. Actual sit down meals in a nice restaurant where you're going to drop at least 50 dollars per person. I probably go out with the wife about twice a month to a nice restaurant. Last month we went to the local sushi place and to a swanky Indian place. I think it's important to treat yourself. We've got a budget of course but we allow for a couple of nights a month like this. I was super impressed with the sushi place last month and left a huge tip, unfortunately that was the whole tip budget for the month so the staff at the Indian place didn't do so well LOL. Food was still really good though. Sushi and Indian are probably my favorite eating out meals because I can't even come close to replicating that food at home.

$50/person on Indian food? Lmao. So basically you gist like getting ripped off? You can go to an Indian buffet at lunch for like $10...

Not counting fast food garbage. Actual sit down meals in a nice restaurant where you're going to drop at least 50 dollars per person. I probably go out with the wife about twice a month to a nice restaurant. Last month we went to the local sushi place and to a swanky Indian place. I think it's important to treat yourself. We've got a budget of course but we allow for a couple of nights a month like this. I was super impressed with the sushi place last month and left a huge tip, unfortunately that was the whole tip budget for the month so the staff at the Indian place didn't do so well LOL. Food was still really good though. Sushi and Indian are probably my favorite eating out meals because I can't even come close to replicating that food at home.

It's funny, my first thought was how often one eats their woman out. I don't eat out more than twice a month nowadays, suburb life.

I really wanna go to East Side Marios and get the Fettichini Alfredo chicken and button mushrooms sooooo good

I do a couple times a year. I can afford it, but I can afford it because I am a cheap fuck. This is the kind of thing that sounds like music to my ears.
76902f577bdfb4d30c3411a77945dace.jpg

Obsolete photo. No more Polish @ Costco. $0.99 at Sam's Club.

Had a date night with the wife while family visiting watched the kids. Went to Bouchon in Napa for dinner. Few minutes after we were seated the server gave us a bunch of appetizers, including cavier. I didn't really think anything of it except wow they are generous. A minute later they realized it was the wrong table. Looked at the caviar price and it was over $100. I think that entire appetizer dishes were close to $200. Ate the steak and fries, got some dessert and called it a night. Forgot how many pretentious people out there. That couple that ordered the caviar must have had a $500 bill. I didn't realize we were at French Laundry. Anyway it was nice to just eat out with the wife. Need more date nights for sure.

75AE70F5-D324-4408-88E7-7D25F224421E.jpeg
Have you ever been to Central?

I haven’t been to Central even though I’ve made attempts to try and make reservations, but I have been to Virgilio Martinez’s other restaurant, Mil, outside of Cusco. It was definitely different than any place I’ve been before. They have a lab on the property where they study plants and other ingredients they could use in their food. Though I’m no gourmet food expert, I’d just say that all the plates I had were deceiving in the sense that you think you have an idea on how something may taste, but it ends up tasting completely different. Overall, it was a pretty interesting experience, but for the price I’d rather go to a fancy steak or seafood place. Attached below are some pics from Mil:

Back