How tf do you explain Aldo?

Yep agreed, more accomplishments, but still had 3 guys who could kick his ass

In his heart he knows deep down he isn't the best FW of all time, despite the title defenses

Joe Louis and Wlad had much more defenses than Muhammad Ali, nobody rates them higher
Aldo was ten years into his career when he fought Max, even older when he fought Volk.
Not saying Max and Volk wouldn't have beaten Prime Aldo but you can't count Prime Aldo out, no?

Yep agreed, more accomplishments, but still had 3 guys who could kick his ass

In his heart he knows deep down he isn't the best FW of all time, despite the title defenses

Joe Louis and Wlad had much more defenses than Muhammad Ali, nobody rates them higher

I've always rated Joe Louis as the best, dude held the belt for 12 years... can't fuck with that.
Ali was more charismatic, more famous but not the best ever imo.

Aldo was ten years into his career when he fought Max, even older when he fought Volk.
Not saying Max and Volk wouldn't have beaten Prime Aldo but you can't count Prime Aldo out, no?

I'm not buying the prime crap
If he was that far from the prime, he wouldn't still be elite years later

Maybe he was 95%, but he was far from shot as evidenced now in his late surge

His later career has in one hand lifted his legend, but on the other has shown how great/good the other 3 are at FW

I stand by my opinion. Aldo maybe rank as the FW goat due to titles etc, but he isn't top 3 in division head to head

I think all 3 are better at 145

I've always rated Joe Louis as the best, dude held the belt for 12 years... can't fuck with that.
Ali was more charismatic, more famous but not the best ever imo.

Ali would destroy him and his bum of the month record

Joe Louis struggled with fat guys and lhw boxers. A great fighter no doubt, but is he fuck the goat heavyweight. No chance

Ali beat killers before and after his prime

Aldo is great but I'd bet Both my testicle that a prime 145 conor would absolutely murder him every time. I don't like the guy, but he kills aldo in a fight. That was no fluke

Don’t get me wrong, Aldo looked good, but Johnathan Martinez choked hard.

Martinez usually brings higher pace and pressure, which would be a great recipe for success against Aldo. In this fight though, Martinez let Aldo take the initiative in the early rounds, and was never able to utilize what should have been a cardio advantage to gradually wear Aldo down.

I'm not buying the prime crap
If he was that far from the prime, he wouldn't still be elite years later

Maybe he was 95%, but he was far from shot as evidenced now in his late surge

His later career has in one hand lifted his legend, but on the other has shown how great/good the other 3 are at FW

I stand by my opinion. Aldo maybe rank as the FW goat due to titles etc, but he isn't top 3 in division head to head

I think all 3 are better at 145
It's pretty empirical dude. By the Chad rematch, you could see Aldo was slowing down. His coach said he had a bad injury that kept him from kicking and his speed and explosiveness regressed too.

The fact that Aldo is great today speaks volumes about how special he is but he still ain't close to Peak Aldo. I think Max is a dreadful match-up for even Prime Aldo but would I completely count him out? Nope. Same for vs Volk and Conor.

He’s been working his boxing over the last two years and it shows.

His MT has always been exceptional, his TDD is elite, but what he always lacked was fluid movement, whether footwork or head movement. In the past, he looked very tight, robotic and herky jerky.

The Aldo of yesterday was slipping, weaving and using really slick lateral footwork. This is a more evolved version than the one that retired two years ago.

Aldo continued to improve his foundations as he aged. Typically fighters that relied only on their athleticism without any base/foundation have the harder downfall
Yeah, Randy Couture is another example of a fighter who kept improving/evolving as he aged. His general style never changed much, but he improved his submission defense after a few early subs and worked on his striking. He was a HW champ at 43-44, though that's basically impossible to do at BW/FW. Still, both of them lasted much longer than their peers. Glover is similar. Aldo seems to be having a second prime, though not as strong of one has his original one. I don't think he'll win any more belts, though we'll see if he can prove me wrong.

One obstacle for Aldo at FW is that Max is also refining and having a second prime....and he's 5 years younger. Max was always his kryptonite, too.

It's pretty empirical dude. By the Chad rematch, you could see Aldo was slowing down. His coach said he had a bad injury that kept him from kicking and his speed and explosiveness regressed too.

The fact that Aldo is great today speaks volumes about how special he is but he still ain't close to Peak Aldo. I think Max is a dreadful match-up for even Prime Aldo but would I completely count him out? Nope. Same for vs Volk and Conor.

Agree to disagree
I think all 3 win, especially conor and max

Ali would destroy him and his bum of the month record

Joe Louis struggled with fat guys and lhw boxers. A great fighter no doubt, but is he fuck the goat heavyweight. No chance

Ali beat killers before and after his prime

Aldo is great but I'd bet Both my testicle that a prime 145 conor would absolutely murder him every time. I don't like the guy, but he kills aldo in a fight. That was no fluke

I can't get on your program on this one sir, and you know I have nothing but respect for you.

Yea I can’t explain it either, according to his fans he’s been out of his prime since before the mcgregor fight, and the reason he started to lose is fight mileage, but also he went on a title run beating 5 top 10 opponents at bantamweight (moraes was a robbery). Funny how mileage makes you lose to champions and number 1 contenders but not anyone else

Who is the babe in your avatar?

This is how I explain Aldo:

1) He is a fighter in the UFC.
2) He's fucking bald
3) He was one of the longest reigning champs in the promotion
4) The Conor fight was a fluke
5) Still think McGregor would have won

I can't get on your program on this one sir, and you know I have nothing but respect for you.

I respect you too, but I don't rate Aldo as high as many on here and yes, I watched him.in the WEC

Being great isn't about beating those you are supposed to beat, but beating those you are not supposed to. Unless you are Floyd, Jones or khabib who just keep winning

Aldo was amazing but he did lose to the other goat candidates and hasn't a single victory over them

Ali wasn't supposed to beat Liston or Foreman
Duran wasn't supposed to beat Ray first time round

These type of wins are what makes legends. Yes Aldo has had a sterling career, no doubt. However, when it's all said and done the history books will have him 0-4 against his main rivals with 3 tko/ko losses

Just my 2 cents, have a good night my man!

I respect you too, but I don't rate Aldo as high as many on here and yes, I watched him.in the WEC

Being great isn't about beating those you are supposed to beat, but beating those you are not supposed to. Unless you are Floyd, Jones or khabib who just keep winning

Aldo was amazing but he did lose to the other goat candidates and hasn't a single victory over them

Ali wasn't supposed to beat Liston or Foreman
Duran wasn't supposed to beat Ray first time round

These type of wins are what makes legends. Yes Aldo has had a sterling career, no doubt. However, when it's all said and done the history books will have him 0-4 against his main rivals with 3 tko/ko losses

Just my 2 cents, have a good night my man!
And that's your opinion on it, many people including Volk feel differently about.
I can't hate you for having a different outlook than me sir.

Agree to disagree
I think all 3 win, especially conor and max
I don't think Conor would fight below 170 at this point, so Aldo would need to jump 3 weight classes for that to even happen. A Faber/Aldo rematch is probably more likely (which is to say neither will happen). The only possible way I'd see Conor and Aldo meeting again would be something like bareknuckle or Karate Combat after both retire from MMA. But there's still going to be the weight difference.

Back