How tf do you explain Aldo?

37 years old. Well past his prime. Fighting over well over 10 years and still so skilled and composed. Dude had the chance to finish in the third round and showed the new guy mercy.
I was already impressed that he was the only one who merab couldn't simply drown and after two years off, he comes back and wins easily. His head movement and leg kick defense was so good.
How the fuck do you explain Aldo?
He's the featherweight Andrei Arlovski.

Most of his losses have been running into better boxers and people with better cardio.

Issues that he always had. Not a prime issue.

Aldo is an absolute specimen BUT

Volk>Holloway>Aldo for FW GOAT imo.

Get outta hear with that Conor BS too

Yea I can’t explain it either, according to his fans he’s been out of his prime since before the mcgregor fight, and the reason he started to lose is fight mileage, but also he went on a title run beating 5 top 10 opponents at bantamweight (moraes was a robbery). Funny how mileage makes you lose to champions and number 1 contenders but not anyone else
I think its a bit of both personally, he dropped off a bit but it wasnt some massive decline.

More than anything I think like a lot of big names he became narrower in style with age.

Currently Revived MMA Badass with deep OG Warrior-Champ roots.

Full Hespect.​

Aldo once had a testing agent deported. After he'd already delayed his test by 3 days.
No he didn't. Its amazing that you think Aldo holds that sort of power to have someone deported, lol. And the delay in the sample collection is entirely on the guy collecting the sample. He literally failed to maintain chain of custody on the sample Aldo provided when he first showed up. Aldo gave him a sample and the guy lost track of it. That's not on Aldo. Maybe the NSAC should have sent a professional instead of a tourist.

Yea I can’t explain it either, according to his fans he’s been out of his prime since before the mcgregor fight, and the reason he started to lose is fight mileage, but also he went on a title run beating 5 top 10 opponents at bantamweight (moraes was a robbery). Funny how mileage makes you lose to champions and number 1 contenders but not anyone else
So I take it you're not an Aldo fan and him winning fights at 37 is a negative to you?

37 years old. Well past his prime. Fighting over well over 10 years and still so skilled and composed. Dude had the chance to finish in the third round and showed the new guy mercy.
I was already impressed that he was the only one who merab couldn't simply drown and after two years off, he comes back and wins easily. His head movement and leg kick defense was so good.
How the fuck do you explain Aldo?

How do you explain it? Experience is a HUGE factor. It's part of the reason why a guy like Olives could come back and get the belt. It's part of why a guy like Poirier can still finish a hot contender in spite of getting owned for most of the fight.

I mean, of course it helps that Aldo's still in incredible shape. I'm sure strength/conditioning are a major factor. But to me, it's all about veteran experience. The KEY factor that sets him apart.

So I take it you're not an Aldo fan and him winning fights at 37 is a negative to you?
I am an aldo fan, I was happy that he won and every time he got touched I was worried lol. But people will talk about how elite his fight iq is, how he’s kept his speed and power, and how great his longevity is, but they’ll try to take credit away from everyone who has beat him with “lol bro ever heard of fight mileage? Prime Aldo would destroy everyone, he was out of prime before conor so it barely means anything to beat an old man” As if he isn’t still beating top 10 opponents impressively like 20 years into his career, his only losses to champions like conor max volk and yan, and a number 1 contender on a 10 fight win streak merab

I am an aldo fan, I was happy that he won and every time he got touched I was worried lol. But people will talk about how elite his fight iq is, how he’s kept his speed and power, and how great his longevity is, but they’ll try to take credit away from everyone who has beat him with “lol bro ever heard of fight mileage? Prime Aldo would destroy everyone, he was out of prime before conor so it barely means anything to beat an old man” As if he isn’t still beating top 10 opponents impressively like 20 years into his career, his only losses to champions like conor max volk and yan, and a number 1 contender on a 10 fight win streak merab

I don't know who you think is taking credit away from other fighters, he's literally the crowning achievement of both Conor and Max. People have the right to wonder how a rematch with Conor would go and I say this as someone who predicted Conor to win. If Conor weren't an entitled diva there would have been an automatic rematch 6 months later. There always has been.

I don't know who you think is taking credit away from other fighters, he's literally the crowning achievement of both Conor and Max. People have the right to wonder how a rematch with Conor would go and I say this as someone who predicted Conor to win. If Conor weren't an entitled diva there would have been an automatic rematch 6 months later. There always has been.
Every Aldo super fan in every “who wins prime aldo or this guy that beat him?” Thread for the last few years

And then you can look up reaction threads from when aldo lost to certain fighters and it’s just full of excuses that get tons of support, like “holloway was 20 pounds heavier than aldo and all he has is a chin, he was getting DESTROYED until aldo gassed” or “prime aldo would destroy yan, he was winning the first 3 rounds outside of one liver shot. Yan got lucky that aldo gassed”
Or “prime aldo destroys volk, he’s lucky he got an old man”

I’m not talking about people wondering how the conor fight would go if went longer, I’m talking about people who try to diminish the accomplishment for Conor becuase “aldo was out of his prime” when it had nothing to do with prime, it had to do with him rushing in.

Even the merab fight, people try to argue that aldo won the fight when he clearly didn’t

His fans have a laundry list of excuses for every loss the guy has ever suffered, and I’m one of the people who think he was robbed in the moraes fight and so deserved the title shot with yan. They can never just admit someone was better than him

They ABSOLUTELY cannot admit that some fighters would still beat a prime aldo, I think max and volk beat every version of aldo and conor and yan have very good chances to also. Merab I wouldn’t know though

Every Aldo super fan in every “who wins prime aldo or this guy that beat him?” Thread for the last few years

And then you can look up reaction threads from when aldo lost to certain fighters and it’s just full of excuses that get tons of support, like “holloway was 20 pounds heavier than aldo and all he has is a chin, he was getting DESTROYED until aldo gassed” or “prime aldo would destroy yan, he was winning the first 3 rounds outside of one liver shot. Yan got lucky that aldo gassed”
Or “prime aldo destroys volk, he’s lucky he got an old man”

I’m not talking about people wondering how the conor fight would go if went longer, I’m talking about people who try to diminish the accomplishment for Conor becuase “aldo was out of his prime” when it had nothing to do with prime, it had to do with him rushing in.

Even the merab fight, people try to argue that aldo won the fight when he clearly didn’t

His fans have a laundry list of excuses for every loss the guy has ever suffered, and I’m one of the people who think he was robbed in the moraes fight and so deserved the title shot with yan. They can never just admit someone was better than him

They ABSOLUTELY cannot admit that some fighters would still beat a prime aldo, I think max and volk beat every version of aldo and conor and yan have very good chances to also. Merab I wouldn’t know though
You don't sound like much of an Aldo fan. In fact you sound like a Volk fan who is mad people still regard Aldo as GOAT. Do you have any positive posts about him?

You don't sound like much of an Aldo fan. In fact you sound like a Volk fan who is mad people still regard Aldo as GOAT. Do you have any positive posts about him?
No because he retired before I made this account so the frequency of aldo posts has been diminished since I’ve been on here.

If I accept that the shot ilia hit volk with probably would have knocked him out even if Islam hadnt head kicked him, would you say “you don’t sound like much of a volk fan to me, becuase you’re not making up excuses for his losses”?

I’m a huge yoel fan and I don’t make excuses for his loss to Whittaker, guess I’m not a real yoel romero fan

And maybe you could respond to some of the points I made instead of calling me a liar?

Back