How tf do you explain Aldo?

Also was never the same after breaking his foot twice in a year. Stopped throwing his biggest weapon, leg kicks.
I dont remember him breaking his foot twice, but always wondered wtf the deal was. In WEC and early UFC his leg kicks were fucking lethal. Then it seems one day they kind of stopped.

He also beat a shit load of bums.

His top wins are way better than anyone in mma or boxing

Ali won fights when he wasn't supposed to. That's what real greatness is

I love khabib and a big Jones fan, but when are they ever the underdog? Gsp or many others too

Ali was not supposed to beat Liston and he certainly wasn't supposed to beat big George

Joe Louis was great and could only beat what was in front of him, but for me? Ali shits all over him

To stop Ali you need to nail him to the canvas. Yes he did have some lacklustre performances, especially later on, but to come back 3 years after he was exiled, to lose some of his movement and beat the guys he beat? That's insane

Ali was as tough as they come despite looking like a model

I'm passionate about boxing, I'm a boxing fan WAY more than Mma. Ali p4p may not be the Goat, but he is the man at Heavyweight

Ali set the bar, it's up to others to try and reach it

Look im not being a dick here sir, but Louis held the belt for 12 years.
When did Ali hold that belt for 12 years?

Exiled for 3 years and fought way better competition. Numbers and stats aren't anything

I think his point is, if Louis fought Alis opponents he would not be holding no belt for 12 years, not close

His last performance at 37 cemented his legacy and certified him for being in the Top-10 ATGs in MMA history. His record, opponent records, and overall MMA stats also speak for itself.
325610871_1111406479538512_9180284322578131707_n.jpg

Someone who when every other fighter tests themselves vs people like Poirier, Gaethje and Chandler, to pack the big names in at the end of the resume, does the opposite and the big names, are the WEC fighters from the shart of the resume, and chooses the easy option like unknown (but known to Aldo) prospect Jonathan Martinez when his rival Conor McGregor had a fractured ankle and fought Poirier and now Chandler.

Exiled for 3 years and fought way better competition. Numbers and stats aren't anything

I think his point is, if Louis fought Alis opponents he would not be holding no belt for 12 years, not close

And I say, if there's no Louis theres no Ali.

His top wins are way better than anyone in mma or boxing

Ali won fights when he wasn't supposed to. That's what real greatness is

I love khabib and a big Jones fan, but when are they ever the underdog? Gsp or many others too

Ali was not supposed to beat Liston and he certainly wasn't supposed to beat big George

Joe Louis was great and could only beat what was in front of him, but for me? Ali shits all over him

To stop Ali you need to nail him to the canvas. Yes he did have some lacklustre performances, especially later on, but to come back 3 years after he was exiled, to lose some of his movement and beat the guys he beat? That's insane

Ali was as tough as they come despite looking like a model

I'm passionate about boxing, I'm a boxing fan WAY more than Mma. Ali p4p may not be the Goat, but he is the man at Heavyweight

Ali set the bar, it's up to others to try and reach it

Why are you bringing MMA into this conversation?

And I say, if there's no Louis theres no Ali.

Why, did Joe give birth to him now?
If there is no John L Sullivan there's no jack Johnson, etc, etc

Joe Louis is not greater than Ali

Edit

Not worth debating on the karate forum. I will leave this to the boxing forum

-one of the best mma fighters ever
-went down from 145 to 135
-already had amazing tdd and striking skill
-fighting an easy opponent
-still active outside of fighting with boxing

He also beat a shit load of bums.

Yeah, but so did Louis. Bum of the Month Club. Will still take Louis as the better fighter though. 25 consecutive title defenses and I believe he held a championship longer than anyone in history, although my boxing knowledge has dropped off a bit in the last decade or two.

Oh, great fight:

Last edited:
Yeah, but so did Louis. Bum of the Month Club. Will still take Louis as the better fighter though. 25 consecutive title defenses and I believe he held a championship longer than anyone in history, although my boxing knowledge has dropped off a bit in the last decade or two.

Oh, great fight:

Yeah I used to watch all of these fight on the Classic sports network.
In a documentary about him they were saying he spent years in the military doing exhibition fights to entertain the troops, only for him to come home to the government fuckin him over for taxes.

That's why fought way past his prime, to pay the government...smh.

I agree that he's the best heavyweight tbh sir.

37, well past his prime, and - about a half a million fight miles. you add that in, it really becomes insane. people forget how great aldo was because of the holloway losses, but he really was one of the goats.

Back