I can't do this s*** anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Those who say they can, and those who say they can't are both usually correct"

You can be happy. Just like anybody else can. You set yourself up for failure from the get go by saying you can't achieve an easily achievable thing. This is about your state of mind.

Negativity attracts negativity. No one wants to be around it. And it's hard to not be negative when you're around a negative dude.
Time to really take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself is it really EVERYONE ELSE that's the problem.
Stop caring about what other people do, focus on yourself and your own happiness. Nothing good will come out of "sitting a bunch of your family down and telling them off". It's petty drama.

Do you not have a job? Are you disabled? Why are you in a position where you have to ask for food?

Also, sorry to be so negative, but I took an empathy suppressant earlier, it seems to be a lot about you. Maybe consider other people more.

Don't worry, we're even more sick of you whining and not getting the proper help you need.
I say that with love, becasue christ dude, you're not a dumb guy you just have to surrender to the fact that you're not in control of your shit and you need to pass the reigns to people who can show you how steer the carriage properly.

From the sound of it, it seems like you are in need of a challenge and yet you are not aware of it.

You need to pick something that you can work towards like mma boxing or business or something like a wim Hoff method.

And i just have to address this point:
You "lived" when you were 17-18?
Thats your problem. You have the mentality of a teenager. What happened to you then that forced you into this suspended state?

What drugs?

I was on heroin for years and was able to get off with suboxone and methadone

Been clean for like 5 years now

If I can do it you can do it

Hey man you're not alone in the struggle. Misfortune seems to rain down lately. Bout to clock in for my second job after like two hours sleep. It has to get better eventually.

Right?

Go get em

Do you like game of thrones? One of my favourite and profound memories of the show was in season 1 when Tyrion met Jon. Tyrion advises Jon to accept what he was ( a bastard) as he accepted being a dwarf. Once this acceptance happened and you realized what you are whether it be perceived as good or bad no one can succefully hold that against you to provoke negative feelings related to self worth or otherwise. You clearly have a very in-depth knowledge of who you are and how you feel. Embrace the pain and trauma. Life is hard and no matter what happens and where you go, you’ll still be you. The gods aren’t done with you yet!

Last edited:
One time I just dropped out of life and moved to a foreign country to get high and fuck. I did that for about six months. Once I got tired of living like that and rejoined civilization, I got into a deep depression. Probably the results of all that abuse on my system, and something that would pass with time, but at that time it seemed like a bottomless pit.

Hang in there, bro. Things will get better. One positive of going through that is I don’t really have any desire to do drugs anymore. I don’t want to go anywhere near that mess I was in again.

Waiting for your update. Keep us updated here. Feel free to give daily play-by-plays if you want. There are people here who have been through similar things and are pulling for you to win in life.

One time I just dropped out of life and moved to a foreign country to get high and fuck. I did that for about six months. Once I got tired of living like that and rejoined civilization, I got into a deep depression. Probably the results of all that abuse on my system, and something that would pass with time, but at that time it seemed like a bottomless pit.

Hang in there, bro. Things will get better. One positive of going through that is I don’t really have any desire to do drugs anymore. I don’t want to go anywhere near that mess I was in again.

Waiting for your update. Keep us updated here. Feel free to give daily play-by-plays if you want. There are people here who have been through similar things and are pulling for you to win in life.

Well I dont think things get better

I think you just become able to cope with things better

Life will always be shitty

So, I have a question. Did you ever steal money from family members to pay for drugs?

So, I have a question. Did you ever steal money from family members to pay for drugs?

I have

Stole like 10 grand before I got caught

It went on for like a year

But yeah man worst feeling ever doing that shit. It doesn't feel bad while your doing it but afterwards its going to fuck you up

You keep saying you destroyed your life and fucked it all up. You haven't. You are still alive, and you still have ample time to live the life you want to live. When you get through this rough patch you will be a better person for it. Not everyone who gets addicted to the pills gets another shot at it. You still have one. It all starts with staying clean my man.

I don't know the backstory at all but I know I'd give up on a friend or family member if they got addicted to drugs and started asking me for help. If you're addicted and you're asking for help, it's not help, you're using people. Drug addicts are an extreme means of stress and sadness on the people around them and many of them just don't want to deal with it because it's something that you started yourself.

Now that you're off drugs, you're going to need to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and do it without help. It's not going to be easy but it's not impossible either. Getting motivated seems impossible but you have to get your brain on the motivation track. Once you do, your family will more than likely accept you back again and you should accept them back as well. Remember that it's not a one way street where you're asking for help and they're denying you. You have more than likely caused them a lot of pain and you never realized it because you were probably directing your hate at them for not "loving" you the way a family should do. As an addict, it's easy to justify it that way because you feel like your family should do everything in their power to help you out but they know that the help you seek either isn't help or is no guarantee that you'll use it for anything other than a means to get by until you can get into more nefarious shit.

I could just be speaking out my ass and if I am then I apologize. If you need to talk, we're here.

Wait you can get disability payments for being an addict?

the market is down, but theres still money to be made on lotsd of crypto coins.

Well I dont think things get better

I think you just become able to cope with things better

Life will always be shitty
Gotta disagree with you, bud. But my life experience is different than yours.

Drug addicts are an extreme means of stress and sadness on the people around them and many of them just don't want to deal with it because it's something that you started yourself.

Word.

When people get themselves into a narcissistic cycle of self destructive behaviour they often assume nobody cares about them.

The truth is that if they do actually have people that truly love them, their suffering is an almost unbearable thing to witness, and often times friends and family simply have to keep a distance to have a functioning life of their own.

Last edited:
The issue with me is that I can't find any happiness in anything I do and nothing will ever change it. I could have my own family, actually be successful in terms of material objects, money, etc. I could have everything in the world but I will never have any real happiness. I've lost it for good. It's all meaningless to me. We're here and then we're gone. We're all slaves to a dollar. That's really what life has become about in this modern society. It's been that way for hundreds of years but more so than ever nowadays. You always hear that money doesn't buy happiness and that actually is true, just not for everybody. I could be a billionaire, I could have everything but the one thing I will never have is happiness. It's truly the one thing I lack. I'm the complete opposite of happiness and that's the reason I'm the way I am. I had a great childhood and had no reason at all to ever have any sort of issues like depression, but one day I guess it just came over me and I've been that way ever since. I still remember that day.

some of what you are saying is true, but let me challenge you

Buy a modern 1000cc superbike, get your motorcycle endorsement, take a few weeks off work and get to riding. I dare you, dare you, to come back a month from now and say you arent much happier.

edit: I have dealt with a similar thought process as you, and addiction as well. Like exact same. Feeling like its all meaningless, were here for a short time and then were dead. Whether we choose to continue living or off ourselves makes zero difference in the universe.

But that should absolutely LIBERATE YOU. It doesnt matter, SO HAVE FUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back