I didn't care if either Adesanya or Poatan won, but that was an early stoppage.

Perfect stoppage, guy was fucked and save him of further damage.

Ref did Izzys career a favor. What Alex was about to do to him, he might never been able to comeback from imo.

he also gave him the argument to say it was an early stoppage now.

Yes because i’d rather have a definitie end then a bad stoppage.

Izzy stopped looking at Pereira’s shots, or trying to dodge them. Consider that a definitive end with 20 years of brain cells remained inside of Izzy’s head. Fuck outta here with bad stoppage shit, at this point I can’t even tell if yall are Izzy haters or supporters

Yeah, a hair early for a championship fight. Izzy wasn’t out on his feet and if he wanted out of the fight he would have went down.

Alex was gassed so there was a chance Izzy survives and it’s a 10-8 but that chance was very, very small.

EDIT: rewatched it, I’m wrong.

Last edited:
I agree, they should have let it go a few more seconds and let Izzy get floored. He was already staring at the floor with his hands down.

Why wouldnt u want izzy to go to sleep, u hate him so much

Because objectively, and I realize this might be a stretch for you, I could see that he had lost and there was not recovering from that.

Izzy had both arms down, bent over looking down, pretty much out on the feet, ate around 6 shots after dropped to his knee and barely stood back up.
I'm just glad Izzy didn't get to follow through that gameplan of his cruising his way to a decision win.

DC described it perfectly on the post show. Izzy was being battered left and right and while still in it technically, he was finished. If ref let's it go another 10-15 seconds he just takes even worse damage and it changes nothing. Izzy wasn't recovering and AP had gas in the tank.

Reactions: Kb7
We don’t need a death in the UFC. Izzy was figuratively done we don’t need him to be literally done. He wasn’t going to do anything but eat 20 more shots and that was a big guy hammering him.

He was on queer street , facing the canvas, with his hands stretched out like Popeye's wife Olive.

Good stoppage, he was a punch away from going to the shadow realm.

Izzy stopped looking at Pereira’s shots, or trying to dodge them. Consider that a definitive end with 20 years of brain cells remained inside of Izzy’s head. Fuck outta here with bad stoppage shit, at this point I can’t even tell if yall are Izzy haters or supporters
See thats the point, u think this is some kind of biased izzy fan crying about an early stoppage. Its not, im just a fan saying its a bad stoppage in a title fight in the 5th round. I hate all early stoppages, check my post history from the last few months.

let me ask you a question, what fights do u think were bad stoppages…?

Maybe slightly early, but it wasn't a bad stoppage. I think Goddard accidentally got in the way a little too tbh.

He was on queer street , facing the canvas, with his hands stretched out like Popeye's wife Olive.

Good stoppage, he was a punch away from going to the shadow realm.

To be fair, nearly all fighters are punch away from that. I might need to rewatch, but the last action of the fight is izzy succesively weaving a shot and then immediately protesting the fight. You can argue that's both (a) intelligent defence and (b) being relatively aware. I don' think it's a deplorable stoppage, but we've seen fighters come back from worse.

Back