I didn't care if either Adesanya or Poatan won, but that was an early stoppage.

Legs were gone, hands were down, eyes weren't on his opponent - an opponent who can put people out even if they're alert and defending. No need for Izzy to take any unnecessary punishment.

Ur biased and u know it. U hate izzy so u want to say that it was a great stoppage.

The irony here is that if it went on for longer, Izzy haters would be 10x more happy, but whatever helps you get a closure on this mate

The irony here is that if it went on for longer, Izzy haters would be 10x more happy, but whatever helps you get a closure on this mate
u hate izzy and wanted him to lose. I bet if it alex against the cage u would cry early stoppage

Izzy was doing the chicken dance already, head down without defending himself. Alex was gonna land a killer knee soon, ref saved Izzy some brain damage.

Cause I can show you where it says to stop the fight if they're actually KO'd.

Please show me where it says that, since about half of all MMA stoppages are literally marked as TKO’s… By the officials

hysterical-laughter.gif

This is getting more and more stupid.

Early stoppage?

He was still dodging shots from the ref for like 5 seconds after he stopped it.

He was still defending on his feet, moving his head and trying to evade/survive. I feel like especially in championship fights where the stakes are so unimaginably high, that it needs to be definitive for you to step in as a ref. Yes, could this cause the fighters more harm? Of course, but if you ask them what they prefer, they will all tell you that they'd rather go out than have the opportunity to recover taken from them.

Having said that, Poatan is a heckin scary dude and am excited to watch him defend and KO some more dudes. Good fight.

alex put him into orbit. izy i feel bad for but i called. on that bicycle and back foot. his skills atrophied in regards to killer instinct.

potentially, he could have won in the 1st or 4th but again, paddy cake or bicycle. for better or worse, Alex went 2-2 maybe 3-2 Izy BUT Alex went for the KO off rip. even if Alex took the L, he went for it.

Izy deserves a rematch. Was minutes away from a W but i think Izy is made for Alexs hook.

Slightly off-topic, but I hate the idea that champions/championship fights should be "unofficially" officiated under a different ruleset than other fights/fighters.

If you have a standard for stopping a fight (within a ref), that standard should be the same for everyone, top to bottom.

Slightly off-topic, but I hate the idea that champions/championship fights should be "unofficially" officiated under a different ruleset than other fights/fighters.

If you have a standard for stopping a fight (within a ref), that standard should be the same for everyone, top to bottom.

cool story bro.

that ref isnt going to bed tonight thinking he let Izy die because some internet goof thinks Izy should be a punching bag.

Izy can rematch Alex. protect yourself at all times. the ref did his job. Izy did his until he couldnt.

lets go rematch. <Moves>

I saw him moving his head and instantly protesting with the ref when he called it off. I saw him walking perfectly fine moments after the fight was called. He was hurt badly yes, but he was still trying to survive.

From a personal standpoint I would like to see the champ KTFO so it's conclusive.

From an Izzy health point of view, glad it was stopped when it was. He was going to eat a nasty shot that would have put him out cold if it kept going.

Yeah Id love to see also uncouncious Adesanya drolling on the mat ;)... Freaking goddard...

He was still defending on his feet, moving his head and trying to evade/survive. I feel like especially in championship fights where the stakes are so unimaginably high, that it needs to be definitive for you to step in as a ref. Yes, could this cause the fighters more harm? Of course, but if you ask them what they prefer, they will all tell you that they'd rather go out than have the opportunity to recover taken from them.

Having said that, Poatan is a heckin scary dude and am excited to watch him defend and KO some more dudes. Good fight.
<FookIsThatGuy>

Ref 100% saved Izzy. He was not defending himself intelligently. He had his hands on his hips eating punches. Anybody calling that an early stoppage is probably just Izzy hater and wanted to see him KTFO.

Bro that last shot, before Goddard stopped the fight... cmon... Kinda reminded me of Amanda vs Ronda not gonna lie, looked like its 1 shot away from serious career changing CTE...

Back