I hope Volk schools Topuria badly

I think Topuria knocks him out cold.

Sorry Volk people :)

Btw why cant I use the sherdog emojis on phone? Everything is just gray and unclickable including links, B etc. My very own official boomer moment.

Well sorry to tell you but Topuria is gonna brutally finish Volk.

KO or sub, Volk is going to sleep

Well sorry to tell you but Topuria is gonna brutally finish Volk.

KO or sub, Volk is going to sleep
As much as I dislike him, Topuria is a great fighter. Ok.

But why do some of you think he's a better striker than MF Volkanovski?!!!

It's beyond me.

Volk should be WAY DOWN on his decline for Ilia to stand a chance IMHO.

I'm a Spaniard.
I am all in for Nadal, I am proud of the Gasols and was pissed when some called Pau "Gasoft".

But, please, Alex, give him a beating until you get the cringe out of him.
Well, Topuria is not a Spaniard, no matter what he says. He never got his papers fixed.

Why? I thought he was very popular in Spain. Does his brash personality rub traditional Spaniards the wrong way?
There are some Spaniards who root for him. Mainly the idiots, just like with Conor in Ireland, but even more cringe in Spain since Ilia is not even a national. There is no shortage of these kind of mongs in every country.

You do know that Spaniards aren't Hispanic, right? Lol
Spaniards are actually hispanic. Everyone coming from a Spanish speaking country is hispanic. Other thing is the hilarious situation in the States and their obsession to fit people into categories. Maybe what you meant is that we are not American (all continent, not just North America, ofc) born hispanics.

Just look at his smile when he says bullshit, he is playing you.
At least Topuria does it in a calm manner.
Still obnoxious of course.

But his skills are real and Volk is 35, when I was 35 I was going from one injury to another.

There are some Spaniards who root for him. Mainly the idiots, just like with Conor in Ireland, but even more cringe in Spain since Ilia is not even a national. There is no shortage of these kind of mongs in every country.
So all this talk about hosting an event for him in Spain was BS lol.

No, they will probably host the event if he wins. It's up for the UFC to decide.
Ilia is HUGE in Spain, but in my generation (I'm 38) no one besides me and very few people care about combat sports at all.

Gen Z and below go crazy about It.

You could say Spain is a prospect market.

I'm starting to think Topuria is just pulling a Covington. Seeing how far he can wind folks up with obnoxious BS. Playing a douche nozzle character.
Thing is, he doesn't really need to do that. His style is already awesome to watch and he's got a pretty sick highlight reel even tho he's only been in the UFC for a short period of time.

No, they will probably host the event if he wins. It's up for the UFC to decide.
But the premise of holding a major event for him in Spain is based on him being a big draw. If he’s not even that popular in Spain would it be worth the trouble?

But the premise of holding a major event for him in Spain is based on him being a big draw. If he’s not even that popular in Spain would it be worth the trouble?
Oh, he's well known. But that doesn't mean that everyone here loves him. But still, I don't follow that logic: does Jon Jones sell less in the states because there are people who hate his guts?
If the UFC were to hold an event in Madrid or Barcelona I'm pretty sure It would sell out in no time. UFC has become more well known in recent times to wider audiences, there are some spanish fighters in the roster and others look like they will soon be signed and also Spain is a good country to hold sport events.

Last edited:
Ilia is HUGE in Spain, but in my generation (I'm 38) no one besides me and very few people care about combat sports at all.

Gen Z and below go crazy about It.

You could say Spain is a prospect market.
I'm older than you (46, soon 47 😥), depends on your background. I have been following the sport for many many years. I actually rented the first UFC on VHS and It was a quite controversial release here back in the day!
It is more well known now but there were people in the late 90s and early 00s already training and competing and events were held across the country. Hell, a Guy from my hometown is one of the pioneers and around 95 travelled to California and got to train with the likes of Royce and Marco Ruas. Won't go into much detail as I could write a freaking essay on it, but for political reasons mma was ostracized here for decades.
It is a different landscape now, but there are some of the guys from the past ages (sadly) still involved.

Oh, he's well known. But that doesn't mean that everyone here loves him. But still, I don't follow that logic: does Jon Jones sell less in the states because there are people hate his guts?
If the UFC were to hold an event in Madrid or Barcelona I'm pretty sure It would sell out in no time. UFC has become more well known in recent times for wider audiences, there are some spanish fighters in the roster and others look like they will soon be signed and also Spain is a good country yo hold sport events.
I was working under the premise that UFC isn't as popular in Spain, so you answered my question i guess. Also, the novelty of having a UFC event will probably draw in people who aren't even huge fans.

Back