I still think PRIDE > UFC, convince me wrong

Loved Pride, but it’s been over a decade and when I rewatch the events in my DVD collection it’s insane just how much the game had evolved. Personally I’d like to see a hybrid in terms of production and maybe an OW tourney once a year. The UFC prior to WME was attempting to legitimize the sport which is where I think they need to be headed. Honestly IMO the UFC is more like Pride now than ever with superfights, freak show fights, and making the sport more of a spectacle than ever...

Edit, WME needs to introduce sanctioned juicing, less injuries, cancelled fights, and botched weight cuts... plus much much more
<{JustBleed}>

pride=dead and buried. ufc,still going,thatching of tells which is superior.

You're comparing ring fighters vs octagon fighters.
Fedor and Cro Cop never transitioned well fighting in an Octagon.
It's the same reason why Chuck Liddell and Jens Pulver never transitioned well fighting in a Ring.

A big issue of course is that the main Pride shows were mostly HW and LHW in an era where those divisions were strong with a lot of younger talent who could fight often.

I don't know how you define "better", but Pride was eminently more entertaining.

Im getting old, and maybe I am making the same error of people looking back on their past with colored lenses, but I feel like BEST fighters from PRIDE is still as good as the best fighters from UFC now.

Fedor vs Stipe - Fedor in his prime >>>> A guy who got finished by Struve
Shogun vs Cormier, Shogun before knee surgeries, GP 05 Shogun was something else
Hendo vs Whitaker >>> H- Bomb or decision Dan...
No WW
Gomi vs Khabib ---- Bushido Gomi 05' was also something else....ended up on the pound for pound best ranking on Sherdog with Fedor....very few fighters ever do...surely not Khabib yet...

Convince me

I agree, though of course its subjective. Arguing about it is kind of like arguing about favorite colors, different people are going to like different things.

one thing is for sure: you had not to listen to a coked bald fatso who swears every two words and is used to throw his assets under the bus.

att the less professionalism was glaring... it's still now tbh.

Pride was better for the big boys, MW / LHW and up.

But I think UFC is better for the little boys, Welterweight and below.
10152864-0-pride_fc_bushido__the_tournament_vol9-dvd_f_5823183e-b9ad-4257-bbbc-d54374151c42_large.jpg

Back