Social I think I'm quitting the gym

At international level they pull off some spiderman shit

Yeah, my daughter loves climbing so have watched a fair bit. It's my favourite thing to watch at the Olympics now, women's obviously, they fly up as fast as I can run. It's actually stunning!

Climber friend of mine and I were fucking about thumb war style and he dislocated my thumb, said "agh!" And immediately popped it back in,.all in about 3 seconds. Seriously strong grip.

Just switch up your goals. Go to the gym to slim down and stay physically fit, drop the goal of being a juice head - it's a pretty shot goal to have anyway.

I just started going back to the gym, but it was a choice made entirely based upon seeing women. I'm single, and despite having my own gym equipment, the gym is a constant source of uplifting pleasure, as it's almost always got a steady female presence. Nice environment to be in for me right now.

I still love lifting, but my routine is pretty much "switching it up" pretty often. I do the main compounds (squat, bench, dead), but then I also have days for olympic lifting and just bro stuff. The olympic lifting days almost feel like recovery days since I'm not that proficient at them and it almost feels like technique/speed work. The bro days are good when my legs/back/core are sore. It always feels like a decent variety too. Every year I mix in some running, but running beats up my body more than anything. I aggravate my achilles a few times a year with running.

I always got bored lifting weights. It also felt like something that just wouldn't be worth all the extra time I'd need to put into it as I got older.

I always preferred calisthenics, but that isn't for everyone. I've been doing it since I was like 15 and started training martial arts.

I don't know how much calisthenics has played a part, but at 36 I feel like I'm getting younger. I used to run 10k a day when I was like 21 and training for fights, but somehow at 36 I can do everything a lot easier than when I was 21.

I've just got loads more cardio for whatever reason. Might be good eating and not drinking a lot growing up or something though.

Hope you figure it out though, OP. Maybe you just need a few weeks off or something to reset.

It sounds like one of the smartest things you can do and already have it somewhat planned out for later in life. Being a big dude (let alone a big dude on gear into your 40s) is tough, it takes a lot of time as well as a toll on your body. People don’t account for the constant cooking, cleaning eating over and over throughout the day and becomes a miserable experience with injuries.

I took three days off, my back is hurting, so I'm going back today.

I should do weights, but I can't be arsed waiting for a bench or pissing around with finding them, so I just hit the machines, a kettlebell and the dip/pull up stand.

Back