Quitting Job stories

Not me, but I remember back in HS, one of my classmates was working at a burger joint called Central Park.
1705814426716.jpeg

Apparently, he got fired and wound up taking a dump on the grill.

That's all.

Not me, but one of my best friends worked at Walmart and when he quit he took over the intercom and said the first 10 customers to till 3 will get all their items free.

It was complete pandemonium

got a temp casual job offer from an recruitment agency
turned up and ready for work, the supervisor there asked me to fill out a form
I didn't bring a pen so asked if i can borrow one, he didn't like that. Insist anytime anyone turn up for work should always bring a pen
I apologise and say I'll bring a pen next time but he was being a c*nt saying it's not good enough and tell me go home
so I ripped the form in front of him and other workers around there and said F You and left

Oh man so many. I was working overnights at an electronics store and the night manager was a power tripping dick. Told him week one he might talk to the teenagers that worked in the store however he wanted, but I'm a grown man and he's not talking to me that way.

So we had heat after that. Couple weeks later he pulls me in the office with the big boss to write me up for a laundry list of silly made up bullshit. After I left the office, I knew I was so pissed I was gonna wreck some shit but wasn't sure how yet.

Went into the bathroom and punched the hand dryer off the wall. Then came back to my area and Sparta Kicked over a display of printers. This brought Carl the douchebag and the other night manager running over.

I just glared at him and said the keys are on the counter, I fucking quit and fuck you. He started to take a step towards me and the other manager said Carl no! Lmao that bitch could read the room better than he could.

I mockingly said yeah I wouldn't Carl. And when I tell you this tiny little man was MAD. Haha still makes me laugh like 15 years later.

Fuck you Carl, Napoleon complex having ass bitch.

LOL at these stories. A lot of good ones here. As an adult working in my chosen field I always put the right amount of notice and left all places with a good relationship.. but..

I was working in a small videoclub (a place that rented VHS) as a teenager. I would do the sundays afternoon shift alone. I always worked well and took care of the place. My boss was a 40 years old drug addict reggae singer who would get wasted regularly.
One monday he knocks on my house and starts to telling me I did not put the locks on the store and that was unacceptable that his family lives off that store. I told him "it wasn't me". Then I gave him his keys and told him to fuck off. I'm 99% sure that he went to the store wasted and did a mess there. Probably his GF/wife went to open next day and someone had to take the blame.
We lived in the same neighborhood and I cross him a couple of times. Once he told me "are you still mad?" and laughed. I told him I did not give a shit.
He died a couple of years later from something I never cared to ask.

When I finished highschool and during my 1st year of university I took an administrative job in a small company. It was totally off the record and I would work mondays through friday 9 hours and 4 more hours on saturdays where they would pay me.. cash of course which is not legal here.
It was the worst place and after 5 months or so I was doing a pretty decent job but they would always threat me like shit. One saturday I cashed my week and decided to never come back. Never called them, just decided to ghost them.
They called my house a couple of times to see if I would go to work and I told my mother to tell them I'm gone.

Pretty boring tbh.

LOL at these stories. A lot of good ones here. As an adult working in my chosen field I always put the right amount of notice and left all places with a good relationship.. but..

All of my "going down in a blaze of glory" scenarios which terminated jobs occurred between the ages of approx 17-23

I can't imagine walking around my real estate office going
"fuck you, fuck you, you're cool..."

Different stages in life I guess.

Not me, but I remember back in HS, one of my classmates was working at a burger joint called Central Park.
View attachment 1024960

Apparently, he got fired and wound up taking a dump on the grill.

That's all.
A friend in high school told me:

"Never eat the soft serve ice cream a dairy queen."

And then he told me why.

And I didn't eat the soft serve ice cream at dairy queen.

Ah nothing better than the feeling of being able to leave a terrible job. While the uncertainty can be scary as you gotta scramble to figure out what's next eventually, sometimes that weight off you for that very moment you feel the weight off you mentally and physically and you can actually breathe and think clearly.

I'll probably have a betyer story to contribute in here soon, now that I'm older I gotta have a plan this time lol. Only other was a retail job where my boss had marital problems and would come to work treating everyone terribly, stealing peoples sales for commission credit, noone cared that this guy was a loose cannon so I left for lunch one day and just never went back. The wind on that drive home felt extra nice lol.

Only job I ever quit was being a bouncer. I loved it but I had already been doing it 5+ years and I was tired of working late nights along with my regular 9 to 5 tech job.

I'm gonna date myself here, but when I started working, minimum wage was $5.25

That's fine. Business exists to make profit not to pay unskilled laborers and I quickly figured out that I could hustle in tip based jobs and make more IF I chose to.

But those minimum wage jobs could be and imo should be, fun. Otherwise, quit.

If you pay me $5.25, you get what you pay for. I'm smoking weed, fucking around, stealing shit and playing jokes.

I worked at a place called "The Athletes Foot" which is a horrible name for a shoe store that was basically a knock off of foot locker. Started there in 1995 and I still have shoes I stole from that place.

And it wasn't just me, everyone was stealing as much as we could steal, we all knew it and we worked together to do it. Usually the employee benefit footwear reallocation program was run thru the trash. Whatever shoes, sneakers or boots people wanted would be put in a box in with the trash, which we took thru these long corridors out to the dumpsters, then we would stash boxes (no cameras back then) and go around to reclaim them after work.

One dude came in on his day off in socks to get his paycheck, but the owner was there and came out to talk to him and we all watched that dude standing on the opposite side of the counter and have a 2 minute conversation with the boss, then someone ran a diversion and got the boss to go in back and dude put on new kicks and went home.

At the same place we crazy glued coins to the floor in front of the store and we would laugh at people trying to pick them up. That provided MONTHS of random entertainment.

Highly agree, and I'll take it a step further. I own a company that I worked at for 15+ years before buying. Another guy bought a different location (different company names, but same business in another city) at the same time. We have two completely different ideas on employees. We can probably hire people at "entry level" white collar wages. He does that, and has more employees. I hire less people, but pay them quite a bit more. In the first year of business, he probably paid $10k-$20k for their fuckups that we caught alone. It's ridiculous because his payroll is the same as ours and I haven't paid out any claims or fuckups beyond a couple hundred bucks. You are going to get the quality of work from someone relative to what you pay.

Back