"I Would Beat Khabib" Says Two-Time Olympic Gold Medalist

Even if she's more technical he'd out muscle her easily

Under the right circumstances maybe

Even if she's more technical he'd out muscle her easily

Yeah probably but judo is a very peculiar sport with very much its own rules

How much does strength matter vs a less strong yet more skilled in a judo match?

This thread got me wondering how difficult it would be to beat a judoka at judo if you are an other type of wrestler. And how much muscle/bone mass and body weight then actually matter.

Since judo is such a specific game with peculiar rules that probably take long to master

Any judoka's here?

I wrestled in college and competed nationally in judo -- and the rules between the two are different enough, and the difference between gi and no-gi is large enough that no one can switch between the two at a high level without years of training (as in many years).

Both judo and wrestling have very specific rules (no touching legs in judo or Greco, losing points in wrestling for exposing your back etc), and against a good opponent you have to react correctly automatically, you don't have time to consider if your move is legal or not.

So if you mean an Olympic wrestler trying to make the Olympics in judo, or vice-versa, it'll take them five+ years to learn the new style at the necessary level. Part of this is that at high levels both judo and wrestling require a lot of strength and speed, there's just no difference physically between them.

But if you mean say a college wrestler going against a recreational judoka (or vice-versa), then a few months would do it. The difference between elite and recreational grapplers is huge, both in physical attributes and general grappling sense.

And an elite judoka or wrestler is going to rag doll a much bigger guy who hasn't done any grappling; this happens so often in college wrestling that no one even pays attention when a 125 pound wrestler ties a 250 linebacker who walks onto the mats into knots. Same for judo (or BJJ for that matter), strength matters a lot if technique is at a similar level, not so much if the technique isn't there. Its the same reason why Serena Williams would easily beat Lebron James at tennis, even though he's much more athletic than she is.

Kayla is simply too slow and weak for Khabib if he knows the judo rules. If he doesn't she's good enough to goad him into losing on penalties. And she would easily rag doll most men who've never grappled.

My unathletic friend use to dummy a female olympic silver medalist in his high school wrestling class at the same weight class. Home boy didn't even lift.

I wrestled in college and competed nationally in judo -- and the rules between the two are different enough, and the difference between gi and no-gi is large enough that no one can switch between the two at a high level without years of training (as in many years).

Both judo and wrestling have very specific rules (no touching legs in judo or Greco, losing points in wrestling for exposing your back etc), and against a good opponent you have to react correctly automatically, you don't have time to consider if your move is legal or not.

So if you mean an Olympic wrestler trying to make the Olympics in judo, or vice-versa, it'll take them five+ years to learn the new style at the necessary level. Part of this is that at high levels both judo and wrestling require a lot of strength and speed, there's just no difference physically between them.

But if you mean say a college wrestler going against a recreational judoka (or vice-versa), then a few months would do it. The difference between elite and recreational grapplers is huge, both in physical attributes and general grappling sense.

And an elite judoka or wrestler is going to rag doll a much bigger guy who hasn't done any grappling; this happens so often in college wrestling that no one even pays attention when a 125 pound wrestler ties a 250 linebacker who walks onto the mats into knots. Same for judo (or BJJ for that matter), strength matters a lot if technique is at a similar level, not so much if the technique isn't there. Its the same reason why Serena Williams would easily beat Lebron James at tennis, even though he's much more athletic than she is.

Kayla is simply too slow and weak for Khabib if he knows the judo rules. If he doesn't she's good enough to goad him into losing on penalties. And she would easily rag doll most men who've never grappled.

Very interesting, i hadnt even thought of that gi before, but of course with or without also plays a role

I have the impression that skill matters a lot more in grappling type sports than in boxing for example. Put a pro flyweight up against a big linebacker and its still gojng to be dangerous for the boxer

But yeah everything is relative, there are so many conditions and factors.

Thanks for the elaborated response man

I cant stand Khabb but he would literally give her the Goldberg Jackhammer

Khabib is like 20 lbs heavier than she is, and a man who has been doing judo himself for a long time.

Stop.

I didn't say she would win, just that Ronda's statement was in a whole different universe of delusion.

Kayla-Harrison-by-the-IJF-2.jpg

Could two-time Olympic gold medalist Kayla Harrison be hyping herself as the next Ronda Rousey?

Well, it certainly looks that way.

In a recent interview with TMZ Sports Harrison, a world-class judoka who made her transition to mixed martial arts in 2018, said she would beat undefeated UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov (a sambo practitioner) in a Judo match.

“Am I gonna beat Khabib? I mean I think I would beat him in a Judo match. For sure, 100 percent. I would beat Khabib,” she said.

Ronda Rousey, a former judoka who won bronze in the 2008 Olympics, also spoke about facing several male fighters (including former UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez) until she lost her bantamweight title to betting underdog Holly Holm at UFC 193. With that said, there’s no denying that Rousey left her mark in MMA as one of the greatest UFC champions of all time.

As for Harrison, she has a long way to go before she reaches Ronda Rousey levels of notoriety but the 28-year-old has made a strong first impression, finishing all three of her bouts under the PFL banner by way of TKO or submission.

Harrison is expected to face Larissa Pacheco in the opening round of PFL’s million dollar eight-woman lightweight tournament, which kicks off tomorrow night, May 9 in New York.

--bloodyelbow.com
She will beat him in judo and Michael Phelps will beat him in swimming but NOBODY is beating him in MMA at 155 (yet.)

She’s delusional. Khabib would absolutely humiliate her.

Female athletics are a joke

i would probably kick her butt, not that im bragging about that

khabib would be too much to handle

Insert video of Mousasi treating Ronda like a child.

I didn't say she would win, just that Ronda's statement was in a whole different universe of delusion.

can agree about that, still think Kayla is delusional in this matter too.

She should stop trying to take the Ronda route and just stick to trying to smash girls in the cage and look like a boss. I hate this shit, everyone says controversial shit to get their name buzzing instead of just doing what matters most, fighting fights.

At least she’s sticking to judo and not calling out heavyweights.

She's just doing her job . . . marketing. You guys bought in hook, line and sinker.

That's him being humble. He'd probably ragdoll every female Judoka on earth in a judo match.
He said it like:
No she cant beat me im too big.
Well maybe with a gi she could,but id forget it at home if i rolled with her.

I believe thats his real thoughts.

whats with all this toxic masculinity in these posts in this thread!

This thread got me wondering how difficult it would be to beat a judoka at judo if you are an other type of wrestler. And how much muscle/bone mass and body weight then actually matter.

Since judo is such a specific game with peculiar rules that probably take long to master

Any judoka's here?
I'm pretty sure Khabib trained Judo for years.

Back