If fedor was using in pride, wouldn't he of been caught in sambo?

Fedor *may* have used PEDs, because who the fuck knows.

But looking at the guy, who would say he has? He was a soft body with no physical signs of PED abuse like many of the top Pride guys at the time. Looking at you Wanderlei
Why would he be jacked? He wasn't training for bodybuilding.
The eye test is a myth, unless we're talking about a ridiculously fast change in body in a very short period of time.

Well it was Pride they did not test so everyone was on. It's a diffrence when something is banned and only some people do it and know how to navigate the water so to say. The later is much more unfair. Hence i'm against doping in a top sport with drugtesting applied. But i am equally for it if there is no test for it. It's more a question between best natural fighter vs best doped fighter. Fedor was the best probably doped fighter. He played with the same rules as anyone else in Pride.

Sambo contests were in Russia right......

As I mentioned in another thread, Fedor fighting without drug testing doesn't hurt his claim to GOAT, it helps.

- If he was using, everyone else was as well so that makes it an even playing field. That also means that fighters were at their best.

- If he was clean, we know others were definitely using so him beating guys at especially Heavyweights makes his run even more impressive.

Fedor wasn't beating guys in their twilight with strict testing like Stipe. Fedor was fighting guys in their prime that were potentially sauced to the gills. I find that far more impressive.

Don’t hit them with too much logic my man, these guys aren’t ready for it.

Well it was Pride they did not test so everyone was on. It's a diffrence when something is banned and only some people do it and know how to navigate the water so to say. The later is much more unfair. Hence i'm against doping in a top sport with drugtesting applied. But i am equally for it if there is no test for it. It's more a question between best natural fighter vs best doped fighter. Fedor was the best probably doped fighter. He played with the same rules as anyone else in Pride.
Meanwhile over in America, we had Brock Lesnar as UFC HW champ

UFCBrockLesnar.jpg

And Ubereem as Strikeforce HW champ

mqdefault.jpg

Don't forget your UFC LHW and MW champs

anderson-silva-vs-jon-jones.0.jpg

And dozens of other "all natty" UFC champs and stars

028frankmir.jpg

method=get&rs=100&q=75&x=20&y=11&w=240&h=320&ro=0&s=9BF16310-1D09-6BFC-E59CEA499074A7DE.jpg

Fedor *may* have used PEDs, because who the fuck knows.

But looking at the guy, who would say he has? He was a soft body with no physical signs of PED abuse like many of the top Pride guys at the time. Looking at you Wanderlei

Barnett and Ricco Rodrigues were also flabby and they were roiders. Not everyone gets shredded. Not all strength/endurance steroids get your ripped.

Steroids were fully ingrained in the culture of the UFC by the time Kerr arrived.

Randy (The Natural) Couture, who debuted in the Octagon one event before Kerr, dismissed UFC’s testing protocol at the time as illegitimate.

“Everyone knew it was a joke,” Couture said. “They basically tossed you a cup and sent you to the bathroom, but I don't know why they even did it. I think it was to cross off a box.”

Kerr said doctors conducting pre-fight medicals ignored obvious warning signs of his steroid use.

"I remember sitting across the table from the doctor, and the doctor looking at my liver enzymes,” Kerr said. “When you do anabolics in high amounts it messes with your liver enzymes. The doctor was looking at me and looking at the liver enzymes and looking at me. He said, 'Do you realize this is eight times the normal amount you're supposed to have?' I said, ‘Yeah,' and that was it. They allowed me to fight."

Barnett and Ricco Rodrigues were also flabby and they were roiders. Not everyone gets shredded. Not all strength/endurance steroids get your ripped.
Actually... when it comes to Pride, and 10 mns-rounds... and crazy paces... EPO should be the name of the game.

That's why I said he may have because who the fuck knows. Syliva is obviously an exception and maybe Fedor is too, who knows? I doubt it though. I could very well be wrong but if I had to say I'd say Fedor fought clean for the most part.
Well I think we all simply should accept after Barnett, Sylvia and even Anderson Silva that the eye test simply should not be referred to you with regards to steroid use.

And to the TS, Pride allowed Steroid use and many say encouraged it. So whether you think Fedor did it or not does not matter. All athletes had the same chance and advantage to do so. So therefore the playing field is even.

In the UFC if a fighter wants to avoid the great career damage of getting caught and suspended and therefore fights clean he is fighting against a lot of guys cheating and that is a problem. He is at an unfair advantage and thus why people look down on Jones and Anderson Silva after they popper. Particularly more than once. If you are willing to keep trying to cheat the system it almost certainly mean you are doing so because you were used to beating tests prior.

Last edited:
Steroids were fully ingrained in the culture of the UFC by the time Kerr arrived.

Randy (The Natural) Couture, who debuted in the Octagon one event before Kerr, dismissed UFC’s testing protocol at the time as illegitimate.

“Everyone knew it was a joke,” Couture said. “They basically tossed you a cup and sent you to the bathroom, but I don't know why they even did it. I think it was to cross off a box.”

Kerr said doctors conducting pre-fight medicals ignored obvious warning signs of his steroid use.

"I remember sitting across the table from the doctor, and the doctor looking at my liver enzymes,” Kerr said. “When you do anabolics in high amounts it messes with your liver enzymes. The doctor was looking at me and looking at the liver enzymes and looking at me. He said, 'Do you realize this is eight times the normal amount you're supposed to have?' I said, ‘Yeah,' and that was it. They allowed me to fight."
I said "yea' and that was it

lmao

jesus.

the glory days for my entertainment perspective were also fucking awful. As the sport becomes less enjoyable to watch at least we are further removed from shit like this

I don't think sambo competition allowed steroid use, and fedor was winning in world sambo competitions the same time he was beating everyone in pride(badass) so if he was heavily doped up like lots of fighters in pride wouldn't he of been caught in sambo competition???
Discuss

Not to put anyone down............. but you are aware of widespread Russian Olympic doping scandal are you not?

For a national sports treasure it may not have even been your call whether or not you are doping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back