Ilia and Henry are clueless on how to win over fans

Why's Ilia doing the special needs class Conrad impression?

The saying goes “love me or hate me. Just don’t ignore me”. Ppl don’t need to be in his corner. Just as long as they’re paying attention. Tito was a draw because ppl paid money to see him get beat up. Might be able to make that argument for Conor currently.

Ilia has a very exciting style, he could just be a bit more humble or even just be a boring guy and people will still like him, but instead he resorts to doing whatever that shit was at the press conference, and just came off looking like an obnoxious arrogant asshole. Then you have Henry who when Merab pulls out a Mexican flag in a clever attempt to turn the Mexican fans in California against him and what does he do? Says some stupid shit to Merab in Georgian that nobody in the crowd could understand. Henry there's no Georgians in the crowd you idiot, and even if there was they still wouldn't back you just for that weak ass one liner that it probably took you an hour to memorize

I don't think they're trying to win over fans, so much as trying to sell PPVs.

Henry has always had Adam Hunter write all his shit for him. Let that sink in. Adam. Hunter.

I like Ilia, I'm sick of this 'everyone has to be nice all the time' shit, I like that he's just being an arrogant prick and enjoying it, and I'm pretty sure if he beats Volk he will have plenty of fans, he already does in Spain and Georgia. People are just acting butthurt because good guy Volk is being picked on, if he was saying the same shit to Paddy everyone would be on his nuts

It's funny how a Georgian gets a better reception than Henry in Socal. He's just too goofy like Colby. It's a lost cause for them in the fan department.

LMAO Ilia doesn't care about winning over Sherdog and social media trolls my man... People that pay to watch fights don't care about him being mean to a guy he's about to have a fight with lol..

How is Ilia supposed to win over fans when everyone is acting like the dude should just take a dive because he has no chance, if he were saying Volk is a tough fighter my biggest challenge yet, y’all would be saying yawn I miss the days when fighters would have faith in them selfs and say it’s a super easy fight

What have you been reading/watching? Volk is barely even a favorite right now; these are the worst odds he's gotten at Featherweight since his first title fight challenging for the belt against Holloway. There is a vocal and decent-sized segment of the fanbase who genuinely believes Topuria will not only beat Volk, but finish him -- and I'm not talking about a handful of randos trying to make a bold underdog pick, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back