Media Ilia Topuria says that he has a date for UFC Spain 🇪🇸

If Ilia fights Max, who would win?

• Total voters
Probably is 307 based on what looks like a pretty solid breakdown there, I just don't think it will be Spain.

Like you say, probably SLC per rumoured obligations.

It would absolutely be in line with previous SLC main events, too.
I haven't heard about the SLC obligations. If they did indeed have obligations to go there wouldn't we be for sure by now that's where 307 will be? Like for instance we know the Abu Dhabi obligations or whatnot and we've known about that date for a while now.

I haven't heard about the SLC obligations. If they did indeed have obligations to go there wouldn't we be for sure by now that's where 307 will be?

Rumoured largely off the back of 2 PPV's in a single year in SLC.

Both sell outs, so it would make sense.

Everyone in SLC seemed confident UFC would return in good time, leading rise to suggestions the UFC had some obligations.

Who knows. But it would make sense to me haha

Rumoured largely off the back of 2 PPV's in a single year in SLC.

Both sell outs, so it would make sense.

Everyone in SLC seemed confident UFC would return in good time, leading rise to suggestions the UFC had some obligations.

Who knows. But it would make sense to me haha
Right, but I think they held them there for Usman and Gaethje to headline the cards and if I'm correct that's where they both train is in SLC. I don't know but I really hope they don't make Max/Ilia in SLC. That's one fight I would rather not see at elevation.

if thats true and he's gonna headline a PPV in Spain this year then its either Oct 5th or the Dec PPV. Honestly would be surprised if they did Spain this year. UFC isnt known for doing the right thing. You get a popular champ win belt who is big over there and UFC would put his next title defense in Arizona or something instead of going to Spain so I'll hold off on this until its really confirmed.
Let's have a little summary of upcoming PPV events from mid-summer onwards :

- UFC 304 is Manchester, UK, July 27th will be Aspinall vs Whoever as Co-main and Edwards vs Belal as the Main. (effectively just confirmed by Jon Anik today)
- UFC 305 is Perth, Oz, on Sept14th : Dricus vs Adesanya will headline that one. plus a boatload of Oz and Kiwi fighters.
- UFC 306 is Sept 14th at The Sphere in Vegas. Will be a lot of Latino fighters on that card as 15th/16th is Mex Independence Day.
I'd expect Shevchenko vs Grasso III to be on that card as Co-main. & @Domitian reckons O'Malley vs Merab and I think that's likely as the Main event. Dana will max that event out 100% and ticket prices will be astronomically high.
- UFC 307 is (as yet) unannounced (v possible Oct 5th) but I'd say LIKELY to be Madrid or Barcelona, Spain, Topuria vs Holloway.
- UFC 308 is Oct 26th in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- UFC 309 will v likely be in New York in November and Jones vs Miocic will headline that one as kinda near-enough confirmed by Dana a few days ago.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that UFC310 will be in Vegas in December and it'll be McGregor vs Nate Diaz III.
McGregor will have had 6 months since his loss to Chandler in late June 2024, so they'll give him Diaz once again in December to close out the year (Diaz gets re-hired on a 1-fight deal 8-figure deal and gets, ahem, asked to keep the fight on the feet please).

Last edited:
I doubt it's Max but I hope it's not a volk rematch

- UFC 304 is Manchester, UK, July 27th will be Aspinall vs Whoever.
- UFC 305 is Perth, Oz, on Sept14th : Dricus vs Adesanya will headline that one. plus a boatload of Oz and Kiwi fighters.
- UFC 306 is Sept 14th at The Sphere in Vegas. Will be a lot of Latino fighters on that card as 15th/16th is Mex Independence Day.
I'd expect Shevchenko vs Grasso III to be on that card as Main or Co-main. Dana will max that event out 100% and ticket prices will be astronomically high.
- UFC 307 is (as yet) unannounced (v possible Oct 5th) but I'd say LIKELY to be Madrid or Barcelona, Spain, Topuria vs Holloway.
- UFC 308 is Oct 26th in Vegas
- UFC 309 will v likely be in New York in November and Jones vs Miocic will headline that one as kinda near-enough confirmed by Dana a few days ago.
UFC 308 is in Abu Dhabi my Sherdogger. I think you're correct in all the others though. Add Leon/Belal maybe to 304. 306 O'Malley/Merab and Valentina/Grasso.

Let's hope not.
I like volk but he hasn't done shit lately to deserve a rematch
lol
I like him too.

I do think he 'deserve' one tho, on legacy... but really should not want any fight for a while. Let the chin settle and see how other fights shake out for a while.

I really hope it's Ortega

UFC 308 is in Abu Dhabi my Sherdogger. I think you're correct in all the others though. Add Leon/Belal maybe to 304. 306 O'Malley/Merab and Valentina/Grasso.
you're absolutely right. Edited my post. Also Leon vs Belal looks likely for the UK PPV in July, yup. Main or co-main.
I think Valentina vs Grasso as the co-main for the Sphere PPV in Sept, and YES, O'Malley vs Merab as the Main event works nicely.

I think we mapped it out well. See my edit above where I reckon McGregor headlines the final PPV of the year UFC310 in Vegas probably vs Nate Diaz for the trilogy.

Jon Anik just confirmed the Belal fight at UFC304 in Manchester. So that's Leon Edwards vs Belal in late July in UK at UFC304.

Last edited:
Jon Anik just confirmed the Belal fight at UFC304 in Manchester. So that's Leon Edwards vs Belal in late July in UK.
Yeah I've kind of been expecting that. I'm sure UFC wanted Leon to be on that card and with Belal being the opponent it doesn't even have to be the main event. Aspinall will help sell that card.

Oh edit: I don't know how true it is but I saw a FB post with a guy saying he ran into Tom Aspinall in Vegas and posted a picture of them together. He said Tom said was just waiting on Blaydes to sign. That shouldn't be an issue so I'm expecting that to be announced.

Yeah I've kind of been expecting that. I'm sure UFC wanted Leon to be on that card and with Belal being the opponent it doesn't even have to be the main event. Aspinall will help sell that card.

Oh edit: I don't know how true it is but I saw a FB post with a guy saying he ran into Tom Aspinall in Vegas and posted a picture of them together. He said Tom said was just waiting on Blaydes to sign. That shouldn't be an issue so I'm expecting that to be announced.
Blaydes makes sense. That was the fight where Tom got injured in 1st rd very quickly (in 15secs, 2 years ago) so to run it back makes sense.
Blaydes will be all about it and happy to travel. Because if he WINS then he is the new HW Interim Champ.
Blaydes is dangerous but I'd expect Aspinall to win. Really hope we get NO MORE injuries for any of these events either before the events or during the events. I have to say I am half expecting old men Jones and even older man Miocic to get injured AGAIN before their November clash.

Very tough fight for both. Hopefully it happens and it's good. War Max, as usual.

If not, please don't be Ortega. Please. Lol.

- UFC 304 is Manchester, UK, July 27th will be Aspinall vs Whoever as Co-main and Edwards vs Belal as the Main. (effectively just confirmed by Jon Anik today)
I'd expect Shevchenko vs Grasso III to be on that card as Co-main. & @Domitian reckons O'Malley vs Merab and I think that's likely as the Main event. Dana will max that event out 100% and ticket prices will be astronomically high.
- UFC 308 is Oct 26th in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that UFC310 will be in Vegas in December and it'll be McGregor vs Nate Diaz III.
McGregor will have had 6 months since his loss to Chandler in late June 2024, so they'll give him Diaz once again in December to close out the year (Diaz gets re-hired on a 1-fight deal 8-figure deal and gets, ahem, asked to keep the fight on the feet please).

Dec likely will be Vegas but I just dont see Conor getting two fights this year. UFC is gonna string that last fight out till they have a new tv deal signed sometime next year. I dont see Conor resigning so they'd be dumb to let him complete his contract this year and leave before they've locked in a new tv deal.

Spring 2025 at the earliest and wouldnt be shocked if he doesnt fight for a year after Chandler fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back