I'm drawing STAR WARS characters for the rest of the month.

Thanks again, guys!
Nice - I use Manga Studio for inks too (although I'm nowhere near as good as you). Could never nail down the clean inking feel in Photoshop.
Yeah, PS doesn't have the auto correct function (there are some plugins out there, though) - lines get a little jerky, but one way to fix that - if you're using a tablet - is to go to your tablet properties and shrink the drawing surface:

LVIfF.png

When you select less real estate on your tablet, your pen travels faster on the monitor and helps make lines less wiggly. But it takes some getting used to at first cause it becomes sensitive in a different kind of way (also, don't try it if you don't know how to get back to default). It's a thing I picked up from Freddie E. Williams: https://www.youtube.com/user/FreddieArtMedia/videos He also did a whole book on making comics digitally, I've lifted a ton of stuff from it ("DC Comics Guide to Drawing Comics Digitally"). Would recommend.

@Masato Toys check this out

& @Herwald , check out MasatoToy's thread if you haven't already

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/my-1st-inktober.3632247/
That's awesome! Hadn't seen this before, should've checked this forum section out much earlier.

Really really good work TS! I'm very impressed. And that's coming from a fellow graphic designer/illustrator.
Thanks! Is there anywhere I can see your work?
Thanks for the tag Darth Clippy! Been busy for a few days so have a lot of catching up.

@Herwald Good work! Looks great. I peeped your IG, and like-bombed all your Star Wars pics too!
Dude, thanks! You're awesome, too! Your stuff's actually quite advanced. Has that awesome balance between realistic and bouncy, lively cartooniness. Really inspiring. What is your forum about exactly?

Getting back to alphabet, here's L for Lando and M for Max Rebo:

DOwZGQ5WkAApmHE.jpg:small

DO3RGczW4AAx3kH.jpg:small

@Medulla Omoplata @Clippy @Cool Hand Luke @Secret Agent @Jack Reacheround @Zer @Gizmoduck @22k @Dragonlordxxxxx @One MMA Fan @Turtlejuice @Spoken @Goonerview @mushishi @315MMAFighter @Eazy123 @Fadetoblack918 @BisexualMMA @Turtlejuice @TheRuthlessOne @M3t4tr0n @Myrddin Wild @MarloStanfield @Overpressure @Ceez @machidafan99 @45ACP @Bloody Pulp

Thanks again, guys!

Yeah, PS doesn't have the auto correct function (there are some plugins out there, though) - lines get a little jerky, but one way to fix that - if you're using a tablet - is to go to your tablet properties and shrink the drawing surface:

LVIfF.png

When you select less real estate on your tablet, your pen travels faster on the monitor and helps make lines less wiggly. But it takes some getting used to at first cause it becomes sensitive in a different kind of way (also, don't try it if you don't know how to get back to default). It's a thing I picked up from Freddie E. Williams: https://www.youtube.com/user/FreddieArtMedia/videos He also did a whole book on making comics digitally, I've lifted a ton of stuff from it ("DC Comics Guide to Drawing Comics Digitally"). Would recommend.

That's awesome! Hadn't seen this before, should've checked this forum section out much earlier.

Dude, thanks! You're awesome, too! Your stuff's actually quite advanced. Has that awesome balance between realistic and bouncy, lively cartooniness. Really inspiring. What is your forum about exactly?

@Medulla Omoplata @Clippy @Cool Hand Luke @Secret Agent @Jack Reacheround @Zer @Gizmoduck @22k @Dragonlordxxxxx @One MMA Fan @Turtlejuice @Spoken @Goonerview @mushishi @315MMAFighter @Eazy123 @Fadetoblack918 @BisexualMMA @Turtlejuice @TheRuthlessOne @M3t4tr0n @Myrddin Wild @MarloStanfield @Overpressure @Ceez @machidafan99 @45ACP @Bloody Pulp
That's not Lando :p This is Lando:D

dVrYO5T.jpg

Just playin... Great work as alwayz bro!!!!

Thanks again, guys!

LVIfF.png

Will definitely check out the book, thanks.

As far as the tablet properties, I have a Cintiq so I’m not sure if those options are on there since the tablet itself is a screen. Will have to check. I tried Lazy Nezumi as a plug in but it’s too laggy. I have no issue using Manga Studio anyway - I just export as a psd and color in PS.

Great work.

I like Max Rebo more from this 2 new additions.

Any chances we get Rey before The Last Jedi arrives ?

How about Luke, Kylo or Vader ?

Thanks again, guys!

LVIfF.png

Your killn it bruva. Keep up the amazing work

Would love to see a dramatic re-enactment anticipating Vader cutting down Ben Kenobi.

Thank you, everyone!

Will definitely check out the book, thanks.

As far as the tablet properties, I have a Cintiq so I’m not sure if those options are on there since the tablet itself is a screen. Will have to check. I tried Lazy Nezumi as a plug in but it’s too laggy. I have no issue using Manga Studio anyway - I just export as a psd and color in PS.
Same here! For line art, I hope to transition to MS fully soon. Use PS only for colors. But Freddie's book is useful no matter what program you're using (Krita, Paintstorm, Sketchbook, etc.) The techniques can be translated.

Great work.

I like Max Rebo more from this 2 new additions.

Any chances we get Rey before The Last Jedi arrives ?

How about Luke, Kylo or Vader ?
The entire project was sketched out before November, so the selections were all set (inking is all that's left but even that takes time). Hope you still like the characters I went with. Tried to give some spotlight to lesser known names while remaining somewhat mainstream. I'm not happy with all of the drawings, though... admittedly, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were phoned in. Obi I botched completely and the likes on Instagram seem to prove it. Luke only appears in the Rankor image. Vader would be fun to draw, but you know that "Star Wars: Republic Commando" video game? I'm a big fan of it, so, for Letter D, I wanted Delta Squad instead of Darth Vader. The C-3PO/E-9D9 pieces were references to the Auralnauts SW mythology, by the way:

As for Rey and the new gang in general - I'm kind of on the fence with the new trilogy, really wanna see TLJ before I hop down. See where it all goes. Star Wars seem to be getting more and more popular, though, so I'm sure I'll draw all the main characters eventually.

Yes sir, some samples of my work can be viewed here: www.andywdesign.com
Awesome stuff! You work in Adobe Illustrator?

As for the alphabet, here's an update for November 18th-23rd:

Laughed when I saw the stormtrooper target practice. Good job.

I'm building a LEGO Millenium Falcon.

Also, ive never watched star wars. This just seemed like fun.

Great work as always bro!

LMAO at Obi & Qui Gon with the cig hanging out their mouth.. :D

"P" for "Porg"
icon_cheers.png

ei1euCn.png

Just seeing this thread. Awesome stuff, TS.

The entire project was sketched out before November, so the selections were all set (inking is all that's left but even that takes time). Hope you still like the characters I went with. Tried to give some spotlight to lesser known names while remaining somewhat mainstream. I'm not happy with all of the drawings, though... admittedly, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were phoned in. Obi I botched completely and the likes on Instagram seem to prove it. Luke only appears in the Rankor image. Vader would be fun to draw, but you know that "Star Wars: Republic Commando" video game? I'm a big fan of it, so, for Letter D, I wanted Delta Squad instead of Darth Vader. The C-3PO/E-9D9 pieces were references to the Auralnauts SW mythology, by the way:

As for Rey and the new gang in general - I'm kind of on the fence with the new trilogy, really wanna see TLJ before I hop down. See where it all goes. Star Wars seem to be getting more and more popular, though, so I'm sure I'll draw all the main characters eventually.

a3a43bb820753aac11090d85906bbfc1.gif

SneakyHandsomeAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

76dec99ed342fe6a021b3bc7592e5f4a.gif

Back