Imagine not liking Poatan Pereira

They are one and one where it counts, in the UFC. And Izzy got the most recent victory, and Alex victory over Izzy in UFC wasn't even that great because it was early stoppage and is he almost finished him earlier in the fight anyways.
Nice mental gymnastics, where is Izzy now? How many belts does he have? did his attempt at 205 title go? How did each of them do against Strickland?

Poatan = Izzy’s daddy, but nice try.

artworks-000209255307-4m4rkb-t500x500.jpg

I like both Poatan and Izzy, they are my favorite MMA rivalry and they have made me appreciate Kickboxing more than ever before.

He’s a cool dude for sure. Plus he has that aura about him. He has that demeanor where he’s a nice guy but come fight night, he’s outright scary. Great fighter and hugely marketable. Also his coach Glover always comes across as one of the nicest dudes in mma. It’s a good story too. Poatan has faced three light heavyweight opponents and they were all guys that Glover fought and in the same order lol. So I’m sure he was able to provide some extra insight.

Seriously wtf, how can someone be a red blooded male and a fan of fighting, then look at this guy and dislike what they see?

The man is a treasure, I'm gonna go as far as to say that he's the greatest thing that's happened to the UFC in this decade, just the gift that keeps on giving.

But there's a bunch of nerds somewhere in their basement praying for someone like Ankalaev to wrestle him to a decision and take his title.

I just can't understand that mentality, in what way would that be better for the sport or for entertainment, or for anyone?

Dude is a straight up superhero, a stone cold killer fighting for the forces of good, God bless that man.
Not going to lie, I was a big big fan, but I'm still a bit disgruntled that I lost $$$ on him when he fought Israel the second time.

Seriously wtf, how can someone be a red blooded male and a fan of fighting, then look at this guy and dislike what they see?

The man is a treasure, I'm gonna go as far as to say that he's the greatest thing that's happened to the UFC in this decade, just the gift that keeps on giving.

But there's a bunch of nerds somewhere in their basement praying for someone like Ankalaev to wrestle him to a decision and take his title.

I just can't understand that mentality, in what way would that be better for the sport or for entertainment, or for anyone?

Dude is a straight up superhero, a stone cold killer fighting for the forces of good, God bless that man.
he's great, fun to watch, seems down to earth, doesn't take himself too seriously.

his fanbase on the other hand is full of weasely virgins that scream "chama" every chance that they get and put down other fighters constantly to glaze alex.

Not going to lie, I was a big big fan, but I'm still a bit disgruntled that I lost $$$ on him when he fought Israel the second time.
It was a good bet and you probably win it 9 out of 10 times, but shit happens in mma sometimes.

It was a good bet and you probably win it 9 out of 10 times, but shit happens in mma sometimes.
Yea exactly, I was hugely disappointed. It ruined my parlay, but all is good. I did win my money back when he fought Jan Balowz

Nice mental gymnastics, where is Izzy now? How many belts does he have? did his attempt at 205 title go? How did each of them do against Strickland?

Poatan = Izzy’s daddy, but nice try.
They fought twice in the UFC where it counts, Alex beat him the first time and Izzy beat him better the second time. No mental gymnastics, just facts. Cope with that.

I don't care for Izzy too much outside of the cage. He's a weird dude and fairly cringe.

But as a fighter I'm a fan. Guy stayed busy and took on all comers.
I like him outside the cage too and think he can be funny. I get why a lot of people don’t like him though.

Not liking Alex is just weird. After 30yeaes of following the sport I’m jog surprised he has haters, but I don’t understand that.

Coddled?

Alex' last 6 fights have been against current, or former, World Champions, all of whom he defeated (splitting one with Izzy).

Also, as far as facing grapplers goes, Alex directly called out Ankalaev, wanting to test himself.

Yes, you are a hater, and a sorry SOB for your perspective.

Alex has breathed new life into the LHW division and into the UFC itself ...

It's Alex's fault that Ankalaev said no thanks to a title shot

hes like khabib imo
conor made khabib famous
izzy made pereira famous

its just funny because pereira fans believe the dude can defend takedwons
if he fought the elite wrestlers
like hes invincible

lmao

Not hating on him at all but it's a fact that he's been fast tracked to both titles and frankly coddled by the UFC who have been feeding him favorable matchups. He came exactly at the right time. Again no hate, he's made the most of those opportunities but I don't understand how you can be an MMA fan and NOT wanna see him fight a well-rounded dude like Ank. Let's be real, what do you actually know about Pereira's ground game? Answer is: nothing. Nobody does. Instead of having that question answered, his fans wanna see him rematch Izzy or go fight Lewis or Tuivasa at HW. Bro why? I really don't get it. If you want kickboxing/MT with 4oz gloves then ONE can cater to your interests and their fighters are absolutely at a higher level in that area. Again that's cool if you wanna see that but I wanna see something more than that
I’m a big fan of yours, not a hater at all, but every comment of yours is ridiculous to the point where it seems like you are kidding, but you aren’t. Not hating. Big fan. Hate everything you post, not hating.

They fought twice in the UFC where it counts, Alex beat him the first time and Izzy beat him better the second time. No mental gymnastics, just facts. Cope with that.
Keep telling yourself that maybe you can eventually start to believe it.

this is clearly rage bait post in hopes of directing MORE hate towards izzy.
Nobody not including myself dislikes alex in fact i Love their rivalry. its Poetic.
the only problem as with most rivals in MMA are the annoying fans. you guys take the fun out of
everything, along with dana when he turns into a crybaby.

But know this. Izzy made the middle weight exciting NOBODY and i mean nobody aside from Yoel
or a 185 GSP could of carried that division and brought that much excitement.

Izzy fought often and against all challengers. He's legitimately talented. He shows immense support for his teammates and countrymen. Doesn't seem like a genuinely awful person, but there isn't much to like about his personality.
yeah because pereira paddy dustin justin aspinal bobbie knuckles bo nickels Jiri
islam or khabib have SOOOOOOOOOOOO much personality to them.

Pereira is a great fighter and fun to watch, but the opening post does come across as a bit too much of childlike admiration for my taste.

As said, he's great but I don't think he's neither the best nor the most entertaining fighter the UFC has so to go on and say he's the best thing in the UFC for a decade isn't something I can agree with at all. I do think he can keep going at the top for quite a while though as LHW has lost the good wrestlers so his biggest weakness won't be threatened nearly as much as it would have before, and I think people still underestimate his high level striking for some reason. Perhaps that's because his movements look pretty basic but are made with really good timing and power.

And since this seems to be a bit of an Izzy fan bait I'll just say that Pereira fans are just as thin-skinned as Izzy fans. You keep seeing people post that Pereira was just dominating their second fight despite that he lost the first round, which can only be seen as having real trouble coping with results that didn't go your way.

The guys that are rooting for ankalaev to wrestle poatan to decision are clearly xenophobic and have a great fear and hatred towards others who aren’t their own type.

Back