Inheritance

Can you rename the thread title to

"My Mom is enjoying her money and I want to enjoy her money instead"

Clippy this isnt a subject for the mentally stunted, go drink a juicebox or something

Your mom has every right to do what ever she wants to do with the money.

How old are you? You shouldn't have to depend on mommy and daddy anymore.

I dont depend on anyone. Im simply pointing out what I feel is a selfish act.

Facepunch is so desperate to get a reaction from me. Poor guy

How old are you?
I ask because if you are over 20 and you've already received a few thousand dollars, that is more than a lot of people ever get.

How much did your father inherit vs how much did he accumulate himself?
I ask because I could see a point to your complaint if each member has built upon that old money. Were you expecting to do the same? If so, how?

You said that your mother paid her boyfriend's buddies to do work at your place. Why didn't you do it yourself? I hope this doesn't mean that you are lazy and can't do things for yourself.

What do you currently do for a living?

Explain "rental house where we live" Who owns the house?

I would like to sympathize but I need to know more details. Most people on here will assume you are a lazy whiner unless you prove them otherwise.

Now, I'll compare your situation to mine.

My family had no wealth when I was growing up (Yes, I sound poor). I remember when we almost lost our house in the '80 recession.
Things are different today, my father turned it around and was able to retire before turning 65. My parents are simple people who have done well for themselves. The problem is that they have worked hard and have forgotten how to have fun and enjoy themselves. My mother often mentions about leaving something for me and my siblings but we all tell her not to. We encourage her to enjoy her money.

I was raised to not depend on others. I've had a job since I was 9. I paid for my own schooling. I also moved out of my parents place at 17 years old and worked night shift at a factory while attending highschool during the day. It was a tough couple of years but I saved a lot of money. I always had time for parties, sports and girls so I have no regrets.

However, because of what I have done, it is hard for me to have sympathy for others unless I know a few details.

When are they going to invent a monitor that you can put your arms through to shake someone on the other side?

Can you smack yourself TS? It would make me feel better.

Clippy this isnt a subject for the mentally stunted, go drink a juicebox or something

*sigh* fine, I'll go buy a juice box, I do fancy an apple juice. And as a bonus I won't even ask my Mom to pay for it.

Lol. You pathetic lazy scrub. Your father is deeply disappointed in you and the fact that you're not a real man. That's why you don't get shit. Now get your lazy ass to work.

ps: I'm meeting your mom in the Bahamas next week. She's quite the swinger.

Haha ok. Well if anyone didnt know youre a piece of shit they do now

To be honest, I kind of feel the same way about my “Dad”, though circumstances are a bit different in that he left us when I was four.

I never asked or felt entitled for money, though he did help me at times, did give me my start in the workplace and we lived together for a couple of years.

There were things that he didn’t do that I would have done if I was a father to a son. I needed support, mainly emotional. I had an educational certificate that he failed to keep safe, he would rather pay agency fees and put strangers in his flat instead of working a private agreement with myself, he only came to visit me once in twenty years, though he had a car and money and I struggled a lot of the time.

I’m not entitled to anything, and I always diverted the conversation whenever it arose, as I didn’t want to focus on my dead fathers money. It is morally wrong to do so, in my opinion.

He has a new woman in his life and a two year old little daughter. He is the perfect father and husband to them. No jealousy, I’m happy for them.

The more I think about Dad, the more I realise just how low on the priority list that I was and am. No anger, no bitterness, but it just tells me that the idea of blood is a lie. I haven’t spoken to him in over six months, not because I don’t like him, but because I just don’t want to put the effort in anymore.

I’m making my own life and my own money, but I’m not thinking about that side of the family anymore, as they have proven to not show any real regard to myself and my older brother.

Haha ok. Well if anyone didnt know you're a piece of shit they do now
Better to be a piece of shit than a lazy piece of shit.

pOipxf3.gif

The best thing to do is try and better yourself, forget about the money she is 'wasting' and make your own cash and never depend on anyone. Its perfectly clear from your posts that your mother doesnt give 2 shits so why should you.

There is nothing worse than someone saying their struggling but doing nothing about it.

Bad story and sorry about that. My dad died recently and left me and my brother a little bump but the rest went to my step mom. She is a total mean spirited bitch that I hope to have nothing to do with. So at least your mom is enjoying her life.

My parents grew up poor but now have about 10 million in investments and plan on retiring soon. I don’t expect them to leave me anything nor do I care because I’m not a can and want to be successful on my own.

Thanks guys but im done here. Half the responses are from people who cant even comprehend what im saying, thinking I want my moms money and completely missing the point.

It was fun. Bye

Thats how a simpleton looks at the situation.

I wouldn’t even bother looking at the money.

Your Dad left it to your Mum and your Mum has no obligation to help you, even if you would help her if the situation was reversed.

Focus on your own problems and work on making your own life better.

If the money/family issue bothers you that much, then stop talking to her and stop picking up her calls.

Thanks guys but im done here. Half the responses are from people who cant even comprehend what im saying, thinking I want my moms money and completely missing the point.

It was fun. Bye
{<jordan}

TS and his sister sound extremely financially responsible. No wonder the dad didn’t leave them anything.

Back