Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada 8pm et/5pm pt/1am uk DISCUSSION

The WMMA Strawweights are totally legit. If these two aren't good enough for the UFC and they can put on a fight like that, with excellent ground work, good standing exchanges, great conditioning and an exciting finish, we're in for some fireworks in the UFC.

Agreed...I think Katja is Top 5...now.

Eggink is only going to improve and is as good as several fighters on TUF 20.

Dana, sign `em both!

Jarl

P.S. Post fight presser is on Youtube now.

Tallying up the Invicta Pick'em, one of the questions is : There are 10 fights, will at least half of them (5) be stoppages?

6 stoppages, 4 decisions! That is impressive for any mma card!

Well, we evidently don't know shit about IT. so there you go.

If the answer is so obvious, why not educate us?

Let's look at the responsibilities here:

- Invicta produce the events. They record the events with their own cameras, which feeds into their video system, which uploads ONE SINGLE STREAM of data directly onto UFC's server.
- The UFC's servers take that video and broadcast it over the web to (hundred of thousands? millions?) subscribers worldwide, using the network bandwidth that they reserved for this event.
- When we logs in, we watch the video stored on UFC's Fight Pass Server, not from Invicta's cameras.
- Some bandwidth are obviously alloted for connected PC, some are for mobile devices.

My stream worked flawlessly on Round 2 when I watch it on my tablet, yet some of you see the loop over and over again on your PC.

Some of us had absolutely no problem going in Round 3, yet I immediately saw two hiccups that lasted for about 15 seconds each.

When the systerm overloads for some, yet worked for others, even though connecting to the same streaming server, that sounds like a bandwidth balancing issue, not a camera or upstream issue.

And then everyone hitting refresh like mad during Round 3 of the Main Event, and Fight Pass finally died for ALL of us under the crushing weight of all the pings.

One can reason that the connection from Invicta's computer that feeds into the UFC's server might be messed up from the start, but that still doesn't explain why it worked for some and not for others. If that upstream source lags, EVERYBODY should lag at the same time on the downstream side.

Would be VERY interesting to see who will shoulder the blaim for this technical nightmare though. I just can't see Shannon throwing Dana under the bus even if it's the UFC's server that's crashed, so we'll have to wait for the announcement from Dana (or another UFC exec) himself.

May be the masked guy from Bellator came backstage and occasionally kicked the network cable lose or something, eh? :D

Last edited:
He got distracted in the middle of the sentence with Michelle landing another big shot. That's what it seemed like to me and is something I do sometimes myself. Right in the middle of a sentence and then your like "damn look at that".

No, he just couldn't think of the appropriate word.

Even the Invicta post-fight presser stream is failing! WTF?:p

Jarl

Jesus Christ, the presser audio is all fucked too. Bush league techs.

The strain on Invicta FC's cameras would be the same throughout the event. The strain on UFC's servers would be highest during the main event. At what point did the stream cut out?

Let's look at the responsibilities here:

- Invicta produce the events. They record the events with their own cameras, which feeds directly into UFC's server.
- The UFC's server broadcast it over the web using the network bandwidth that they reserved for this event (some are for connected PC, some are for mobile devices)
- When we logs in, we watch the video stored on UFC's Fight Pass Server, not from Invicta's cameras.

When the systerm overloads for some, yet worked for others, even though from the same server, that's a server's bandwidth balancing issue, not a camera issue.

My stream work flawlessly on Round 2 when I watch it on my tablet, yet some of you see the loop over and over again on your PC.

Some of us had absolutely no problem with Round 3, yet I saw two hiccups.

That's a server's bandwidth balancing issue, not a camera issue.

When everyone hitting refresh like mad and Fight Pass finally died for ALL of us under the crushing weight of all the pings right before the Main Event's finish, I don't see how that can be blaimed on Invicta's cameras.

Would be VERY interesting to see who will shoulder the blaim for this technical nightmare though. I just can't see Shannon throwing Dana under the bus even if it's the UFC's server that's crashed, so we'll have to wait for the announcement from Dana himself. May be the masked guy from Bellator came backstage and kicked the network cable lose or something, eh? :D
Thank you for the legitimate response and info.

Some fighters didn`t take much damage and could easily fight again in December. They need to put Aldana, Waterson, Tweet, and Bennet on the Invicta 10

Invicta 10

Aldan-Evinger (possible title fight)
Waterson - Ham (for the title)
Bennet - Maia
Tweet - some other Amazon who has trouble cutting to 145

Jarl

During the main event.
Yeah, ok, but still...
It never happened with the other FightPass main events (that I know about).

We all know Waterson is marketable but, at the present state, is Michelle such a viewership draw that she > McGregor or "Bisping vs Lee"?
I'd be very happy for her if that was the case, but I would be kind of surprised.

Yeah, ok, but still...
It never happened with the other FightPass main events (that I know about).

We all know Waterson is marketable but, at the present state, is Michelle such a viewership draw that she > McGregor or "Bisping vs Lee"?
I'd be very happy for her if that was the case, but I would be kind of surprised.

A network has a finite amount of bandwidth for streaming.

The IT department is responsible for balancing the bandwidth dedicated to each event.

What we will never know is how many people logged in to watch live UFC Fight Night/Invicta/TUF, and how much network bandwidth is reserved for each.

My best guess is that the server bandwidth reserved for Invicta 8 streaming is along the line of The Ultimate Fighter, and it gets progressively worse and worse as the number of viewers reaching UFC Fight Nights threshold during IFC 8's Main Event, until it finally went to hell in Round 4.

Anyway, it's a damn shame that this event is totally awesome, and we are here talking about Fight Pass server crash instead of all the spectacular finishes.

But I suppose that's also a good thing, angry fans means fans who actually cares, and Dana white now have an idea of how many of his subscribers signed up and log in this weekend for Invicta 8. When it's time to renew their contract, Invicta will get a much better deal now that it's a proven product that the UFC can sell.

I know I'll be ready when Invicta 9 comes around, and I bet the Fight Pass streaming servers will be ready as well :D

Last edited:
Back