is Krav Maga really effective

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the only place to really learn this stuff and become a killer is in Israel... not to practical.

maybe in the states it sucks, I don't know about that. Over here, it's pretty serious stuff. The training is just as intence as ring sports, just focused on self defence instead of competition.

maybe in the states it sucks, I don't know about that. Over here, it's pretty serious stuff. The training is just as intence as ring sports, just focused on self defence instead of competition.

you could just take Jeet Kune Do, or more importantly Jeet Kune Do streetfighting. I am lucky to go to an academy that offers streetfighting and its basically krav maga but i think more in depth.

Look at the fight quest video that was posted particularly the beach scenario. Notice how when the woman ran through they all through slow wide hay makers she parried then hit them multiple times with out response from the attackers.

Then when the guy goes through they all dog piled him of course lol

I mean the fact that , this is the israeli soldiers doing it and its crappy says volumes. That should be the best Krav available! and I have a feeling more people would be decrying this as mc'dojo if they swapped their fatigues with silk kung fu pajamas

The excuse though will be that its used by the military so it must work BUT you have to keep in mind rarely does it ever come down hand to hand in military fights so the style is not tested. With the exception of a few countries many military use martial arts as a moral booster not as something youre actually expected to use.

And its always been like that i remember glossing over some chinese martial manuals from yore and some general even remarked that empty handed fighting was useless on the battlefield because it rarely ever came up. Look at it in modern times if an Israeli soldier comes across a taliban member hes gonna blow his brains out not bust out some sweet stevan seagal arm breaks.

Last edited:
'grab the Nuts'

people generally move when you try to do that, go practice it lol.

if i have you in a rear naked, you arent grabbing my nuts, or gauging my eyes, your going the fuck to sleep.

Body lock =they can't grab your nuts

pull your head back and close your eyes, they ahve no leverage to do any damage, and if the chokes on right they are out.

Krav Maga is just called fighting, men have been doing it for a long time now. the isrealis did not invent fighting dirty.

and there is no defense against 10 men. if 10 guys jump one guy with the intent of hurting him, he's getting hurt.

Krav maga sucks. Its all marketing. Im a former level 2 student having trained in it for a year.

They dont focus on teaching basic striking and just assume you know it or dont care if you know it or not. They jump right into getting out of head locks multiple attackers guns chokes and knives.

They had sparring at my school but most of the time no one showed up and if they did most of the time I was sparring with a middleaged fat woman. Nothing bad ass about that.

They drill fear into you by making you think how its a ticking time bomb on something bad happening. That way you spend more money on more lessons more seminars etc. Its all bs.

Bottom line is you should take boxing and just be good with jab and cross cuz more then likely in real fight thats all you will remember to do anyway. If youre really worried about guns and knives then you shouldnt invest your money in martial arts you should invest your money in owning guns and knives.

I myself ended up doing muay thai and I am really happy with it. My new gym has a different kind of attitude that krav doesnt have. Its called not being scared. My teacher made no bones about it he told me personally "you will get hit just accept it".

if i got kicked in the nuts id just kick the other guy in the nuts...its not like its a perfect move when u consider the other guy can do it too

Yeah, what does the Israeli military know.

Yeah, what does the Israeli military know.

how to lose to a bunch of hezbollah militants?

on the subject, krav maga is PURE garabage. learn ninjitsu if you really want to do dirty shit in fighting.

we used to have a krav maga/ capoeira guy in class. haha. worst martial artist i have ever sparred with.

Last edited:
how to lose to a bunch of hezbollah militants?

on the subject, krav maga is PURE garabage. learn ninjitsu if you really want to do dirty shit in fighting.

we used to have a krav maga/ capoeira guy in class. haha. worst martial artist i have ever sparred with.

learn ninjitsu if you really want to do dirty shit in fighting.

learn ninjitsu

1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

I do krav maga now and I can say that in theory it works very well. However, it is easily exploited by all of the certifications (the same problem cross fit has).

If you only have 3 months to learn a martial art it will get you in the "self defense/fighting" mode faster then anything else, however, for the long haul most of the people who are good cross train in boxing (which the founder advised), bjj/wrestling, and thai boxing. However, the average person doing krav is not in the same mindset as your average person at a fighting gym.

I have trained at AKA for ~5 years and when i started krav I noticed most of the average people doing only krav have SHITTY technique and are not really improving in the regard, unless they attend the gyms striking or grappling classes.

I like the disabled arm sparring, the lights on/off sparring and the 2 on 1 sparring (you are not trying to fighting them, just learning to escape the situation).

My teacher made no bones about it he told me personally "you will get hit just accept it".

In my krav gym we do full contact sparring (full body punching and kicking) almost every class (during krav class and during the striking class). The more "youthful men" do full MMA sparring twice a week.

At AKA from 2001-2006 the sparring classes always had around 5-8 people, I heard it has changed, however, my krav gym has more people sparring then that during pure sparring classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back