Is Shavkat overhyped?

Just DDP vs Izzy rumoured right now, but not official yet.
Dafuq are they waiting for?

Im looking forward to that Manchester card either way, so hopefully they build a good one for Perth.

Bout to derail the fuck outta this silly ass thread. Shavkat overrated. Fuck out my face w that shit. What's he supposed to do, keep hitting em after the ref says Omg stop please Shavkat no

He don't got friends of his own so he don't want anyone else to have friends either!

I thought both of you were my friends, and that's saying something from a Bostonian to a fuckin New Yorker lol

I thought both of you were my friends, and that's saying something from a Bostonian to a fuckin New Yorker lol
Friends are just enemies that haven't found a way to kill you yet without getting arrested themselves

Dafuq are they waiting for?

Im looking forward to that Manchester card either way, so hopefully they build a good one for Perth.

We can pat ourselves on the back for when we were talking about UFC coming to Manchester early in the year.

Turned out it's happening a bit later in the year than we thought, but it being a numbered event with 2 title fights was worth the delay.

We can pat ourselves on the back for when we were talking about UFC coming to Manchester early in the year.

Turned out it's happening a bit later in the year than we thought, but it being a numbered event with 2 title fights was worth the delay.

Its looking like a good card too, so maybe we do have some power lol

I don’t think he’s overrated, but do to #2, I’m afraid he’ll have a sharp decline once the chin is cracked. Hope I’m wrong

I think his hype is generated from him being 18-0 all Ws are finishes, BUT yes his striking D is shit, Leon would pick him apart to a UD 50-45

I'm talking overhyped as in everyone is talking about him running the division and I don't see him beating Leon without improvements in his game.

Shavkat seems like a naturally tough matchup for Leon, even with his faults. At range he's a strong kicker and has a longer reach, in the pocket he's way more comfortable letting his hands go than Lepn and while Leon is great in the clinch and off the break, the clinch is a real strong point for Shavkat. Takedown wise, it'll be interesting but I feel like it likely gets mostly nullified. Shavkats also younger and less experienced so I suspect he will show more growth than Leon at this point. Big questions are how will Shavkats cardio hold over 5 and how does he deal with a someone who moves around a lot like a Garry or a Leon, he hasn't really dealt with that yet. As for his defense? I don't think Leon is cracking his chin but who knows.

I mean, if he loses bad in a title fight and falls off a cliff like Marlon maybe we can discuss this but lol no wtf.

I think he's going to win the belt, reign for years, take belts from other divisions, retire undefeated and become a politician in his home country.

And I don't think it's in any way premature to say he'll be the greatest politician of all time.

For real, though, I picture him either having a career full of ups and downs like Vitor or he will make the same transition GSP made from Rush to a dominant decision machine.

Back