Shavkat vs Colby makes a lot of sense

Shavkat vs Colby yeah or nay ?

• Great fight, book it

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Nope (mention what else you prefer)

Votes: 32 53.3%

• Total voters
Shavkat is in his prime 18-0 with 18 finishes. It's not time to keep building him. Shot time. This is a fickle sport, if he's got a reign to rule, let it come.

Shavkat is injured (torn ankle ligaments) and won't come back until summer.

Colby doesn't like to fight a lot so it lines up with his timeline.

Because of Shavkat's injury there's a bigger chance that they'll do Leon/Belal in spring.

Shavkat would benefit from adding a bigger name to his resume, would make more casual eyes turn up to his title shot in the fall. Colby is the perfect name for that and also ranked above him so makes sense.

Colby is not someone who will rack up wins to get (yet another) title shot. And he only cares about title shots. Fighting wonderboy like he asked does nothing for him on this matter. On the opposite, beating the unbeated Kazakh finishing machine puts him right back in the mix. And Dana would be grateful for that. He gave burns an old masvidal because he fought Chimaev.

I say book it for July international fight week. Big card, big fight and gets the division moving.

Of course Shavkat absolutely demolishes the current version of Colby. Try and change my mind on that.

You like that fight ?
It'd be a nice name for Shavkat's resume... And it would give time for Belal v Leon.

Shavkat is in his prime 18-0 with 18 finishes. It's not time to keep building him. Shot time. This is a fickle sport, if he's got a reign to rule, let it come.

but he's injured until summer sir

Barring another broken foot or biased judges Colby wins easily
wut ???

Colby only wants someone old like Wonderboy or someone a weight class smaller like Dustin.
I'm not against it but you're gonna have to convince Colby, not us. He ain't taking that fight and getting wrecked.
Sadly you're both right, but I'm pretty sure that Dana won't be above using him to build up that central Asian market

colby is a coward, never goes into a fight like that

Shavkat gains nothing with that win. He has everything to lose. If he's hurt and they do Leon/Belal, then he should just stay off until he fights the winner.

i like the fight. first of all, shavkat is probably the better choice for a title shot. but since belal kinda deserves it more, shavkat might have a little time on his hands.

second, if shavkat wins, it adds a ton of legitimacy to his inevitable title reign. colby is big name, and a tough fighter.

third, colby needs to be tested outside of a title fight. like it or not, colby’s only losses, aside from warrlley alves, have come in title fights. if he manages to win this fight, obviously he’s not actually as “washed” as his hater like to say. let’s find out.

Shavkat deserves better after the Thompson finish. Imo. Give him winner of Leon-Belal. Or a match with Burns first if the wait is going to be 12 months. Colby needs a demotion from top 3 opponents until he proves otherwise.

Shavkat is in his prime but doesn't hold a title. So clear no.

Wonderboy turned 40 and lost 3/4. Sounds good !

I wish they booked Colby and Belal for a 5 round fight.
Possibly one of the most boring fights of all time. At least we would probably get rid of one of them after the shitshow.

If Colby's gonna gamble big like this, I think he'll just fight Khamzat at MW, try and do what Usman couldn't and use the size difference as a built-in excuse. Unless Shavkat's the champ, I can't imagine Colby caring whatsoever. Ian Garry, Wonderboy, Doostin, Chiesa, Usman at MW and even Belal are all more realistic options.

Doesn’t make any sense at all. Shavkat should fight a top 5 guy and Colby should fight someone 6-10. If that

Colby is not someone who will rack up wins to get (yet another) title shot. And he only cares about title shots. Fighting wonderboy like he asked does nothing for him on this matter. On the opposite, beating the unbeated Kazakh finishing machine puts him right back in the mix.

Have to disagree; Colby is a prize fighter, so he cares about the fight that gets him the most $$$ with the least risk. Wonderboy accomplishes exactly this, therefore, it’s the best fight for him. Not throwing shade at your assessment here, but I think Colby knows what he’s doing. Hard to think of someone who has done more with less. WB was the right callout.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back